On The Subject of Bigotry

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby pimpdave on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Is saying anything negative about anyone "bigotry"? And if so, how is Night Strike not a bigot against anyone who doesn't share his bizarre, narrow world view?
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:17 pm

The Community Guidelines state, quite clearly,

Bigotry includes racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia/sexual orientation bashing, religion bashing, lack of religion bashing, or wishing violence on any group of people, etc.


The line on this forum seems to be that it's acceptable to say things about religion in general (e.g. religion is stupid, atheism is 1337) but not any specific religion (Catholics are evil rapists).
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4035
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby pimpdave on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 pm

I am not bashing the religion of Christianity. I made that quite clear. And if there is not an epidemic of rape, why is it coming out so much? Why are you denying the facts?

Do you also say that al-Qaeda does not sponsor evil murder upon civilians?
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby pimpdave on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:19 pm

And please defend Cardinal O'Brien's bigotry against the LGBT community, what with him being so goddamn holy and above reproach.

It's clearly time for the Catholic church to be disbanded, the same as al-Qaeda should be disbanded, and ideally something more peaceful and less criminal started in their place. I can only hope the Christians on this forum actually believe what Jesus taught and stand up against a corrupt organization that perverts His message of peace and love. Same as Muslims should be putting an end to the wickedness of the radical sect al-Qaeda.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby nagerous on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Cardinal O'Brien is a hypocrite of the highest order.
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:48 pm

pimpdave wrote:I am not bashing the religion of Christianity. I made that quite clear. And if there is not an epidemic of rape, why is it coming out so much? Why are you denying the facts?


The issue here is that you are impugning the motives of all Catholics but only indicting its officials. It is analogous to calling everyone who lived in 1930s Germany a Jew hater. Perhaps some of those people did legitimately hold anti-Semitic views, but roundly criticizing an entire group for the undesired actions of a select minority is bigotry.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4035
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
pimpdave wrote:I am not bashing the religion of Christianity. I made that quite clear. And if there is not an epidemic of rape, why is it coming out so much? Why are you denying the facts?


The issue here is that you are impugning the motives of all Catholics but only indicting its officials. It is analogous to calling everyone who lived in 1930s Germany a Jew hater. Perhaps some of those people did legitimately hold anti-Semitic views, but roundly criticizing an entire group for the undesired actions of a select minority is bigotry.


You seem to be a bigot by hating pimpdave.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby john9blue on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:10 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
pimpdave wrote:I am not bashing the religion of Christianity. I made that quite clear. And if there is not an epidemic of rape, why is it coming out so much? Why are you denying the facts?


The issue here is that you are impugning the motives of all Catholics but only indicting its officials. It is analogous to calling everyone who lived in 1930s Germany a Jew hater. Perhaps some of those people did legitimately hold anti-Semitic views, but roundly criticizing an entire group for the undesired actions of a select minority is bigotry.


You seem to be a bigot by hating pimpdave.


stop being bigoted against metsfan.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby Lootifer on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 pm

I think I might start upping mky game a bit more and become an uber-bigot [like I suspect John is].

I.E. I hate everyone and everything equally!
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby john9blue on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Lootifer wrote:I think I might start upping mky game a bit more and become an uber-bigot [like I suspect John is].

I.E. I hate everyone and everything equally!


that's the spirit my man!

if you hate everything, then nobody can call you unfair.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 pm

One of my posts was flagged as bigotry a few days back. It was a gif that had something to do with jews posted in the thread that was partially denying the death of 6 million jews.
User avatar
Captain Lil_SlimShady
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:28 am

First, I appreciate pimpdave's inquiry into bigotry. I maintain that we need to differentiate between "good bigotry" and "bad bigotry," and then can we make more informed decisions about punishment and approbation. The argument has been laid out by Lootifer, me, and allegedly AoG:


Army of GOD wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Intolerance: lack of toleration; unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary opinions or beliefs, persons of different races or backgrounds, etc.

Pretty open and shut case to be honest. By opposing gay marriage you are being a bigot; sure its only a minor offence as far as the wider area of bigotry is concerned (I for one am glad you arent going out every night and beating the shit out of suspected fags NS), but it is bigotry nonetheless.

Yes this definition pretty makes everyone on CC OT forums a bigot (except for me, Im pretty much an angel) but it is what it is.


Let's run with this. As you've implied, according to those definitions then anyone opposed to fascism or Nazism is also a bigot. They'd be a bigot for good reasons in my opinion, but they'd be a bigot nonetheless.

So, then we'd have argue about who is a "good bigot" and who is a "bad bigot."

Henceforth, all accusations of bigotry should include "good" or "bad" before the word "bigotry/bigot."

Excellent work, Lootifer.


hey look, you guys are restating things that IVE ALREADY MENTIONED IN OFF-TROPICS


anyway, I still find it hilarious that people still take Sunday off for religious reasons. I mean, I like taking sundays off so I can golf or watch football, but it'll be a hilarious coincidence when one of these people get injured but can't go to the ER because no one's allowed to work on Sundays.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=175364&hilit=bad+bigotry&start=30#p3832900
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3861
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby Night Strike on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:49 am

pimpdave wrote:Is saying anything negative about anyone "bigotry"? And if so, how is Night Strike not a bigot against anyone who doesn't share his bizarre, narrow world view?


I wasn't involved at all in the locking of your thread in reference, so I don't know why my name was brought up. FYI.
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8633
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:The Community Guidelines state, quite clearly,

Bigotry includes racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia/sexual orientation bashing, religion bashing, lack of religion bashing, or wishing violence on any group of people, etc.


The line on this forum seems to be that it's acceptable to say things about religion in general (e.g. religion is stupid, atheism is 1337) but not any specific religion (Catholics are evil rapists).


So, would this be bigoted?
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
-Revelation 21:8

At least all Darwinist will enjoy each others company. ;)
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby john9blue on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:31 am

jonesthecurl wrote:So, would this be bigoted?
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
-Revelation 21:8

At least all Darwinist will enjoy each others company. ;)


as a sorcerer, that quote offended me and i want retribution.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:48 am

oh, I hit way more than one of those categories.
But it ought to include all those who "fear" God, too. So Vice will be right there with us whoremongers.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:43 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:oh, I hit way more than one of those categories.
But it ought to include all those who "fear" God, too. So Vice will be right there with us whoremongers.

I had a teacher in high school who threw the Book of Job at my head and called me a "filthy whore-mongering alcoholic."
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 10567
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 am

Dukasaur wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:oh, I hit way more than one of those categories.
But it ought to include all those who "fear" God, too. So Vice will be right there with us whoremongers.

I had a teacher in high school who threw the Book of Job at my head and called me a "filthy whore-mongering alcoholic."


Was he drunk? :lol:
Image
User avatar
Major stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1392
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:40 am

stahrgazer wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:oh, I hit way more than one of those categories.
But it ought to include all those who "fear" God, too. So Vice will be right there with us whoremongers.

I had a teacher in high school who threw the Book of Job at my head and called me a "filthy whore-mongering alcoholic."


Was he drunk? :lol:

Lol.

I'm still mystified about why we were studying the Book of Job in English class, since the original wasn't written in English. I think the official excuse was something about how it encapsulates the elements common to all great literature, but I still suspect it was a covert attempt to sneak religious instruction into a public school curriculum.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 10567
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Maybe the subject was actually "great insults of our time". You should have said, "Nice one, teach. But you're a syphilitic dung-muncher."
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:oh, I hit way more than one of those categories.
But it ought to include all those who "fear" God, too. So Vice will be right there with us whoremongers.

I had a teacher in high school who threw the Book of Job at my head and called me a "filthy whore-mongering alcoholic."


Was he drunk? :lol:

Lol.

I'm still mystified about why we were studying the Book of Job in English class, since the original wasn't written in English. I think the official excuse was something about how it encapsulates the elements common to all great literature, but I still suspect it was a covert attempt to sneak religious instruction into a public school curriculum.

I think you are correct about the sneaking religion in bit, but the King James version is considered something of a masterpiece of English language.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby notyou2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:23 pm

All you bigots need to shut the feck up.


I HATE YOU ALL!!!
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:47 am

notyou2 wrote:All you bigots need to shut the feck up.


I HATE YOU ALL!!!

Archie Bunker said it best

"I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone!"
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:45 am

The man is as critic without credentials.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby Woodruff on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:The Community Guidelines state, quite clearly,

Bigotry includes racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia/sexual orientation bashing, religion bashing, lack of religion bashing, or wishing violence on any group of people, etc.


The line on this forum seems to be that it's acceptable to say things about religion in general (e.g. religion is stupid, atheism is 1337) but not any specific religion (Catholics are evil rapists).


Bullshit. The thread on the Mormon religion (which I complained about personally to several moderators) shows that it only applies to religions that the moderators like. As is typical in this place, the rules only apply if the moderators feel like it. Hypocricy and inconsistencies abound.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login