On The Subject of Bigotry

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: On The Subject of Bigotry

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:48 am

oh, I hit way more than one of those categories.
But it ought to include all those who "fear" God, too. So Vice will be right there with us whoremongers.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Corporal 1st Class jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:43 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:oh, I hit way more than one of those categories.
But it ought to include all those who "fear" God, too. So Vice will be right there with us whoremongers.

I had a teacher in high school who threw the Book of Job at my head and called me a "filthy whore-mongering alcoholic."
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 am

Dukasaur wrote:

I had a teacher in high school who threw the Book of Job at my head and called me a "filthy whore-mongering alcoholic."

Was he drunk? :lol:
Lieutenant stahrgazer

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:40 am

stahrgazer wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Lol.

I'm still mystified about why we were studying the Book of Job in English class, since the original wasn't written in English. I think the official excuse was something about how it encapsulates the elements common to all great literature, but I still suspect it was a covert attempt to sneak religious instruction into a public school curriculum.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Maybe the subject was actually "great insults of our time". You should have said, "Nice one, teach. But you're a syphilitic dung-muncher."
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Corporal 1st Class jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Lol.

I'm still mystified about why we were studying the Book of Job in English class, since the original wasn't written in English. I think the official excuse was something about how it encapsulates the elements common to all great literature, but I still suspect it was a covert attempt to sneak religious instruction into a public school curriculum.

I think you are correct about the sneaking religion in bit, but the King James version is considered something of a masterpiece of English language.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby notyou2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:23 pm

All you bigots need to shut the feck up.

I HATE YOU ALL!!!
Captain notyou2

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:47 am

notyou2 wrote:All you bigots need to shut the feck up.

I HATE YOU ALL!!!

Archie Bunker said it best

"I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone!"
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:45 am

The man is as critic without credentials.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:The Community Guidelines state, quite clearly,

Bigotry includes racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia/sexual orientation bashing, religion bashing, lack of religion bashing, or wishing violence on any group of people, etc.

The line on this forum seems to be that it's acceptable to say things about religion in general (e.g. religion is stupid, atheism is 1337) but not any specific religion (Catholics are evil rapists).

Bullshit. The thread on the Mormon religion (which I complained about personally to several moderators) shows that it only applies to religions that the moderators like. As is typical in this place, the rules only apply if the moderators feel like it. Hypocricy and inconsistencies abound.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:18 pm

inb4 saxi says:

W O O O O O D R U F F F
show
Lieutenant DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five