Objective/Subjective: A False Divide?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Objective/Subjective: A False Divide?

Postby crispybits on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 am

Sorry, I should have been clearer

Actual reality = Philosophically objective reality (as in reality as it is without any preconceptions or assumptions from us about what actually is, such as "I exist" or "I perceive reality")

The point I'm making is that actual reality could be a computer program, a magical illusion, or a multidimensional existent universe of the kind we perceive around us. But the question itself is irrelevant, and linking our understanding of scientific reality to any of those is redundant because of the assumptions science already has to make to function, and because of the lack of any proven mechanism whereby it's ever functionally different whatever version you prefer to believe.
Major crispybits

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Return to Babble-On Five