336 Million

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 336 Million

Postby Gillipig on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:05 am

crispybits wrote:Seeing as how that's one fap (about 300 million per go for a healthy male) I'm willing to bet every person on here has killed more than that (even the girls)

Make it 300 billion potential lives then! Damn, never knew I would put Hitler to shame in the number of caused deaths category.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3560
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: 336 Million

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:15 am

_sabotage_ wrote:Well Mets I have and will. I think that you are a pussy, a hypocrite and a false believer. You may think it's cool to call people murderers, insist that it is heaven proclaimed and demand to be the decider for us all, but you sure as shit aren't. You read the Bible in a way to support your own views and wash your hands of the rest, you make yourself open to political manipulation by being a single issue voter and leave us stuck with the Ws of the world, you criminalize millions and hope to enforce hardship on millions more. Eat a dick. Choke on it.


I am not sure where this came from. I am an atheist and quite liberal.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4172
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: 336 Million

Postby _sabotage_ on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:38 am

My bad, meant premio.
User avatar
Corporal _sabotage_
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 am
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: 336 Million

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:54 am

_sabotage_ wrote:My bad, meant premio.


Oh. Carry on.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4172
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: 336 Million

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 am

premio53 wrote:
_sabotage_ wrote:Abortion, like theft, murder, prostitution and drugs, is going to happen, whether legal or illegal. Suggesting that it is against God doesn't mean shit. Most people believe in God at their convenience, if ever. Making it illegal just increases the risk involved.

Forced abortion is another story. If you would like to quote from the Bible, perhaps you should start at the top: Do onto others as you would have others do onto you.

You wouldn't want others to force their beliefs and their decisions on you and in doing so you are breaking the law which governs all others. So stop being a dick. You have your opinions, don't impose them on others and don't call others murderers for disagreeing you fucking hypocrite.

Tell that to an innocent unborn being ripped apart in his mother's womb by greedy doctors and thrown away like a piece of trash!

In China.. you have a point.

In the US, Europe.. you are an ignorant jerk who thinks a little bit of knowledge gives you the right to pass judgement on people and situations you are just too damned LAZY to fully understand or even think about. And don't you DARE claim that you are representing Christ with your ignorant Blather.

Posting stupid pictures just shows your laziness. Real honest debaters look up real facts, don't cherry pick or use stupid attempts to shock. No one ELSE here is ignorant of what abortion is.. YOU are ignorant of why someone, anyone would ever choose that option. The TRUTH Is no one sane really does it if they feel they have other, better options.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: 336 Million

Postby premio53 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:47 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
premio53 wrote:
_sabotage_ wrote:Abortion, like theft, murder, prostitution and drugs, is going to happen, whether legal or illegal. Suggesting that it is against God doesn't mean shit. Most people believe in God at their convenience, if ever. Making it illegal just increases the risk involved.

Forced abortion is another story. If you would like to quote from the Bible, perhaps you should start at the top: Do onto others as you would have others do onto you.

You wouldn't want others to force their beliefs and their decisions on you and in doing so you are breaking the law which governs all others. So stop being a dick. You have your opinions, don't impose them on others and don't call others murderers for disagreeing you fucking hypocrite.

Tell that to an innocent unborn being ripped apart in his mother's womb by greedy doctors and thrown away like a piece of trash!

In China.. you have a point.

In the US, Europe.. you are an ignorant jerk who thinks a little bit of knowledge gives you the right to pass judgement on people and situations you are just too damned LAZY to fully understand or even think about. And don't you DARE claim that you are representing Christ with your ignorant Blather.

Posting stupid pictures just shows your laziness. Real honest debaters look up real facts, don't cherry pick or use stupid attempts to shock. No one ELSE here is ignorant of what abortion is.. YOU are ignorant of why someone, anyone would ever choose that option. The TRUTH Is no one sane really does it if they feel they have other, better options.

The fact of the matter is most people don't give a damn about the killing of innocent unborn babies. As I said once before if you can kill someone because they are too young then you can kill someone because they are too old, or to too black or to politically undesirable. Taken to its logical conclusion Met has a point. At least he is an honest despicable human being.
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: 336 Million

Postby crispybits on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:06 am

If a man stabs a 9 month pregnant woman and kills her, and the abandons the body so that it's not found for a while so the baby dies too, is he tried for one count of murder or two?
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: 336 Million

Postby premio53 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:23 am

crispybits wrote:If a man stabs a 9 month pregnant woman and kills her, and the abandons the body so that it's not found for a while so the baby dies too, is he tried for one count of murder or two?

In Nazi Germany the definition of murder was changed so that Jews were not legally human and therefore had no human rights. You can change the laws any way you wish but is will not absolve you of guilt.
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: 336 Million

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 am

premio53 wrote:
crispybits wrote:If a man stabs a 9 month pregnant woman and kills her, and the abandons the body so that it's not found for a while so the baby dies too, is he tried for one count of murder or two?

In Nazi Germany the definition of murder was changed so that Jews were not legally human and therefore had no human rights. You can change the laws any way you wish but is will not absolve you of guilt.


Do you have a source for that claim? Jews in Nazi Germany were definitely stripped of basically all civil and political rights, but I'm not aware of any change that made it generally legal to murder a Jewish person at that time or that declared them as explicitly not human.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4172
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: 336 Million

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:46 am

premio53 wrote: The fact of the matter is most people don't give a damn about the killing of innocent unborn babies

That you actually believe this is pretty firm proof that you are utterly and completley ignorant.

You have a choice. You can act as a CHRISTIAN, the one you claim to be and act like Christ, actually take pains to truly understand the situations (and reading through my posts in the abortion threads will give you a start... but only a start). OR you can continue to act as the ignorant bully you are now.

Per metafax's "conclusions" they are his, a very extreme view. If you really had true knowledge of this subject you would FIRST understand that.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: 336 Million

Postby crispybits on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 am

premio53 wrote:
crispybits wrote:If a man stabs a 9 month pregnant woman and kills her, and the abandons the body so that it's not found for a while so the baby dies too, is he tried for one count of murder or two?

In Nazi Germany the definition of murder was changed so that Jews were not legally human and therefore had no human rights. You can change the laws any way you wish but is will not absolve you of guilt.


Where is my guilt? I haven't ever caused any abortion to happen (to my knowledge - there's always the chance one of the few people I slept with got pregnant and never told me but I'm still in touch with all of them and none of them have ever given me any reason to believe this is so)

I'm just trying to understand why it's illegal to kill a baby inside a mother's womb at one time, but that seems to have no legal standing at a later developmental stage if you also end the life of the mother?
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: 336 Million

Postby premio53 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:02 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
premio53 wrote: The fact of the matter is most people don't give a damn about the killing of innocent unborn babies

That you actually believe this is pretty firm proof that you are utterly and completley ignorant.

You have a choice. You can act as a CHRISTIAN, the one you claim to be and act like Christ, actually take pains to truly understand the situations (and reading through my posts in the abortion threads will give you a start... but only a start). OR you can continue to act as the ignorant bully you are now.

Per metafax's "conclusions" they are his, a very extreme view. If you really had true knowledge of this subject you would FIRST understand that.

His views are no more extreme than that of Margaret Sanger. The abortion industry in America has its founding in the Nazi propoganda of a superior race and no amount of logic will cleanse you or anyone else of the guilt of a modern day holocaust.

Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: 336 Million

Postby Gillipig on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:24 am

premio53 wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
premio53 wrote: The fact of the matter is most people don't give a damn about the killing of innocent unborn babies

That you actually believe this is pretty firm proof that you are utterly and completley ignorant.

You have a choice. You can act as a CHRISTIAN, the one you claim to be and act like Christ, actually take pains to truly understand the situations (and reading through my posts in the abortion threads will give you a start... but only a start). OR you can continue to act as the ignorant bully you are now.

Per metafax's "conclusions" they are his, a very extreme view. If you really had true knowledge of this subject you would FIRST understand that.

His views are no more extreme than that of Margaret Sanger. The abortion industry in America has its founding in the Nazi propoganda of a superior race and no amount of logic will cleanse you or anyone else of the guilt of a modern day holocaust.


Dude are you even for real? No one can be so stupid that they say that and mean it.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3560
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: 336 Million

Postby premio53 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:25 am

crispybits wrote:
premio53 wrote:
crispybits wrote:If a man stabs a 9 month pregnant woman and kills her, and the abandons the body so that it's not found for a while so the baby dies too, is he tried for one count of murder or two?

In Nazi Germany the definition of murder was changed so that Jews were not legally human and therefore had no human rights. You can change the laws any way you wish but is will not absolve you of guilt.


Where is my guilt? I haven't ever caused any abortion to happen (to my knowledge - there's always the chance one of the few people I slept with got pregnant and never told me but I'm still in touch with all of them and none of them have ever given me any reason to believe this is so)

I'm just trying to understand why it's illegal to kill a baby inside a mother's womb at one time, but that seems to have no legal standing at a later developmental stage if you also end the life of the mother?

After a speech, pro-life activist Penny Lea was approached by an old man. Weeping, he told her the following story:
http://www.repentamerica.com/singalittlelouder.html

"I lived in Germany during the Nazi holocaust. I considered myself a Christian. I attended church since I was a small boy. We had heard the stories of what was happening to the Jews, but like most people today in this country, we tried to distance ourselves from the reality of what was really taking place. What could anyone do to stop it?

A railroad track ran behind our small church, and each Sunday morning we would hear the whistle from a distance and then the clacking of the wheels moving over the track. We became disturbed when one Sunday we noticed cries coming from the train as it passed by. We grimly realized that the train was carrying Jews. They were like cattle in those cars!

Week after week that train whistle would blow. We would dread to hear the sound of those old wheels because we knew that the Jews would begin to cry out to us as they passed our church. It was so terribly disturbing! We could do nothing to help these poor miserable people, yet their screams tormented us. We knew exactly at what time that whistle would blow, and we decided the only way to keep from being so disturbed by the cries was to start singing our hymns. By the time that train came rumbling past the church yard, we were singing at the top of our voices. If some of the screams reached our ears, we'd just sing a little louder until we could hear them no more. Years have passed and no one talks about it much anymore, but I still hear that train whistle in my sleep. I can still hear them crying out for help. God forgive all of us who called ourselves Christians, yet did nothing to intervene.

"Their screams tormented us . . . If some of their screams reached our ears we'd just sing a little louder."
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: 336 Million

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:54 am

Gillipig wrote:
premio53 wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
premio53 wrote: The fact of the matter is most people don't give a damn about the killing of innocent unborn babies

That you actually believe this is pretty firm proof that you are utterly and completley ignorant.

You have a choice. You can act as a CHRISTIAN, the one you claim to be and act like Christ, actually take pains to truly understand the situations (and reading through my posts in the abortion threads will give you a start... but only a start). OR you can continue to act as the ignorant bully you are now.

Per metafax's "conclusions" they are his, a very extreme view. If you really had true knowledge of this subject you would FIRST understand that.

His views are no more extreme than that of Margaret Sanger. The abortion industry in America has its founding in the Nazi propoganda of a superior race and no amount of logic will cleanse you or anyone else of the guilt of a modern day holocaust.


Dude are you even for real? No one can be so stupid that they say that and mean it.

Obviously, they can... all it takes is a bit of intentional ignorance and belief that listening to one side's views is equal to listening to the whole debate.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: 336 Million

Postby Night Strike on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:49 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:Obviously, they can... all it takes is a bit of intentional ignorance and belief that listening to one side's views is equal to listening to the whole debate.


Why is it only the progressive viewpoint comes out of listening to the "whole debate"? What's with this holier-than-thou attitude where the people who disagree with you haven't actually listened to everything? You and other progressives do this all the time: if people disagree with you, then they don't actually know the facts or the whole story. It is possible (and even probable) that YOUR viewpoints are the ones that are wrong.
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8643
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: 336 Million

Postby _sabotage_ on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:52 am

As a parent, I believe that the decision to have a child should be taken with careful deliberation. My son is at minimum four hands full, has major impacts on his parents' lives and raising him is like entering a mine field.

Not everyone takes parenthood so seriously or finds it as heavy a burden. This is seen at all stages, from mating practices through to the writing of wills. There are many unplanned pregnancies as well as planned pregnancies that don't materialize. In some cases, people adapt to the circumstances: people who have had to abort a child take greater precautions, those who cannot conceive adopt. In other cases people pursue a course of action, have more and more abortions or take fertility drugs according to the case. I would hope that all children would receive a parent's love, have access to opportunity and further us as a species. But not all people have children for the same reason, the world isn't fair and our species is divisive and undefined.

Is an abortion negligent homicide? Clear cut murder? Does it lead to an immoral and arbitrary race? Does it promote social stability and offer a recourse to an accident, a tragedy? Does it discourage responsibility or in itself a responsible act? Is it always so?

What are the ramifications of policies which permit abortion as compared to those which prohibit it as compared to those which enforce it? At what point do we allow some to dictate terms that the state would enforce on the rest? At what point is freedom permitted?

Some would like to dictate guidelines, imprison others and suggest that this is freedom. Either keep the child and raise it inadequately, have a back alley abortion with a rusty hanger and don't get caught, or get caught and go to prison. Thanks for your humble opinion. You may feel that you have the moral high ground and your liberty torches will supply a cleansing warmth as the the world burns. But you are insane.
User avatar
Corporal _sabotage_
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 am
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: 336 Million

Postby premio53 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:02 pm

_sabotage_ wrote:As a parent, I believe that the decision to have a child should be taken with careful deliberation. My son is at minimum four hands full, has major impacts on his parents' lives and raising him is like entering a mine field.

Not everyone takes parenthood so seriously or finds it as heavy a burden. This is seen at all stages, from mating practices through to the writing of wills. There are many unplanned pregnancies as well as planned pregnancies that don't materialize. In some cases, people adapt to the circumstances: people who have had to abort a child take greater precautions, those who cannot conceive adopt. In other cases people pursue a course of action, have more and more abortions or take fertility drugs according to the case. I would hope that all children would receive a parent's love, have access to opportunity and further us as a species. But not all people have children for the same reason, the world isn't fair and our species is divisive and undefined.

Is an abortion negligent homicide? Clear cut murder? Does it lead to an immoral and arbitrary race? Does it promote social stability and offer a recourse to an accident, a tragedy? Does it discourage responsibility or in itself a responsible act? Is it always so?

What are the ramifications of policies which permit abortion as compared to those which prohibit it as compared to those which enforce it? At what point do we allow some to dictate terms that the state would enforce on the rest? At what point is freedom permitted?

Some would like to dictate guidelines, imprison others and suggest that this is freedom. Either keep the child and raise it inadequately, have a back alley abortion with a rusty hanger and don't get caught, or get caught and go to prison. Thanks for your humble opinion. You may feel that you have the moral high ground and your liberty torches will supply a cleansing warmth as the the world burns. But you are insane.

All laws legislate morality Nimrod! There are many people who love to murder other people. There are many people who like to eat human flesh. There are many pedophiles who love to have sex with children. There are many humans who like to torture animals. There are people who like to drive drunk. It is hard to name any law where someone isn't offended or not allowed to do something they wish they could do.

It all depends on what kind of society we want to live in!
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: 336 Million

Postby _sabotage_ on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Premio, the Bush Dynasty thread is available for you to discuss people who love to practice paedophilia, murder others, drive intoxicated and, although I have no knowledge of them eating human flesh, desecrate human remains. This thread is about national policy on abortion and its ramifications.

You are free to start another thread under the topic of laws and morality if you like.
User avatar
Corporal _sabotage_
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 am
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: 336 Million

Postby premio53 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:16 pm

_sabotage_ wrote:Premio, the Bush Dynasty thread is available for you to discuss people who love to practice paedophilia, murder others, drive intoxicated and, although I have no knowledge of them eating human flesh, desecrate human remains. This thread is about national policy on abortion and its ramifications.

You are free to start another thread under the topic of laws and morality if you like.

Morality laws must work. Met admits the only reason he doesn't kill children is because it is against the law.
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: 336 Million

Postby crispybits on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Yep - lets get Shariah law in right now! That would make every country so much better!

(Just as much a straw man as your last post premio)
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: 336 Million

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 pm

premio53 wrote:Morality laws must work. Met admits the only reason he doesn't kill children is because it is against the law.


Metsfanmax wrote:
patches70 wrote:But if it was legal to kill newborn babies you'd be first in line to slaughter them, eh? Just wanted to get the clear.


No, I would not. I don't want newborn babies to die, and it is wrong (under my ethics) to kill them in many circumstances, as I have explained already in this thread.


On the other hand, isn't it a common argument from religious folk that if we didn't have the Ten Commandments, people would go off murdering and raping each other? You all make it sound like the only thing keeping Christians from a serial killing spree is the fear of hell.

Also, please answer my question about Jewish human rights in the Nazi era, or else withdraw your comment.
Last edited by Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4172
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby 2dimes on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:23 pm

User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3929
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: 336 Million

Postby chang50 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:32 pm

premio53 wrote:
_sabotage_ wrote:As a parent, I believe that the decision to have a child should be taken with careful deliberation. My son is at minimum four hands full, has major impacts on his parents' lives and raising him is like entering a mine field.

Not everyone takes parenthood so seriously or finds it as heavy a burden. This is seen at all stages, from mating practices through to the writing of wills. There are many unplanned pregnancies as well as planned pregnancies that don't materialize. In some cases, people adapt to the circumstances: people who have had to abort a child take greater precautions, those who cannot conceive adopt. In other cases people pursue a course of action, have more and more abortions or take fertility drugs according to the case. I would hope that all children would receive a parent's love, have access to opportunity and further us as a species. But not all people have children for the same reason, the world isn't fair and our species is divisive and undefined.

Is an abortion negligent homicide? Clear cut murder? Does it lead to an immoral and arbitrary race? Does it promote social stability and offer a recourse to an accident, a tragedy? Does it discourage responsibility or in itself a responsible act? Is it always so?

What are the ramifications of policies which permit abortion as compared to those which prohibit it as compared to those which enforce it? At what point do we allow some to dictate terms that the state would enforce on the rest? At what point is freedom permitted?

Some would like to dictate guidelines, imprison others and suggest that this is freedom. Either keep the child and raise it inadequately, have a back alley abortion with a rusty hanger and don't get caught, or get caught and go to prison. Thanks for your humble opinion. You may feel that you have the moral high ground and your liberty torches will supply a cleansing warmth as the the world burns. But you are insane.

All laws legislate morality Nimrod! There are many people who love to murder other people. There are many people who like to eat human flesh. There are many pedophiles who love to have sex with children. There are many humans who like to torture animals. There are people who like to drive drunk. It is hard to name any law where someone isn't offended or not allowed to do something they wish they could do.

It all depends on what kind of society we want to live in!


Yes there are paedophlles,a disproportionate number are priests,so what?
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: 336 Million

Postby premio53 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
premio53 wrote:Morality laws must work. Met admits the only reason he doesn't kill children is because it is against the law.


Metsfanmax wrote:
patches70 wrote:But if it was legal to kill newborn babies you'd be first in line to slaughter them, eh? Just wanted to get the clear.


No, I would not. I don't want newborn babies to die, and it is wrong (under my ethics) to kill them in many circumstances, as I have explained already in this thread.


On the other hand, isn't it a common argument from religious folk that if we didn't have the Ten Commandments, people would go off murdering and raping each other? You all make it sound like the only thing keeping Christians from a serial killing spree is the fear of hell.

Also, please answer my question about Jewish human rights in the Nazi era, or else withdraw your comment.

"patches, you can rest easy knowing that I have no intention of killing a newborn baby while it is illegal. I generally obey the laws of the USA, even when I disagree with them."

You're sick!
Major premio53
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:09 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login