Conquer Club

Crime in the Bible Belt

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Crime in the Bible Belt

Postby majorheadache876 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:18 pm

You make some great points mr. bottom'

I happen to believe that poverty and disparity does breed crime. I am white, and was born into poverty and disparity and from a single parent family, yet I didn't commit a crime against anyone and never got a hand out either and nether did my friends from similar backgrounds.

But as you stated, I was not a slave or had my land or culture stolen. Well done

Thanks for your input and
at least you don't want the topic thrown out or locked like some others here do.

And as too 2 dimes silliness, no I don't know a black professional or anything like that. Switching sides, err you switching your
life to one in a hell as I described, right by the high school would be very interesting, bring your guitar, im sure you could use it
as a weapon, your playing wouldn't help you from those poor gang-bangers. Get a dog, but not a poodle, just a hint.
Corporal majorheadache876

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 am

I like how you rattle off racist dribble (not all of your posts are racist btw - so dont try that tack; I am fine with your facts around high crime rates bearing correlation to black communities - facts, as unfortunate as they may be, are facts) and then set your self up as a martyr for when this thread inevitably gets locked.

Pro-tip: It wont get locked because of your facts; it will get locked because of your overtly racist comments such as "Black people enjoy all the drama of crime and murder". Suck it up buttercup.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby majorheadache876 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:43 am

Lootifer wrote:I like how you rattle off racist dribble (not all of your posts are racist btw - so dont try that tack; I am fine with your facts around high crime rates bearing correlation to black communities - facts, as unfortunate as they may be, are facts) and then set your self up as a martyr for when this thread inevitably gets locked.

Pro-tip: It wont get locked because of your facts; it will get locked because of your overtly racist comments such as "Black people enjoy all the drama of crime and murder". Suck it up buttercup.

what facts? be more specific.

there was some facts, and there was some observations and real living people making comments.

you want to ban some peoples ideas cuzz you say "your overtly racist comments...."?

Postby majorheadache876 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:03 am

Lootifer wrote:I like how you rattle off racist dribble (not all of your posts are racist btw - so dont try that tack; I am fine with your facts around high crime rates bearing correlation to black communities - facts, as unfortunate as they may be, are facts) and then set your self up as a martyr for when this thread inevitably gets locked.

then I just see that you say on another post that

Re: 336 Million

Postby Lootifer on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:25 pm
Lol OH SHIT THE CHINESE ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!

but, really I don't care, however your intrigue and enduring need to stop a topic of crime on this topic is somewhat
disturbing or idiotic on yourself. but you do press on if need be.

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:04 am

My brother-in-law is black. My grandmother was asked to perform jury duty in a case against a black man facing domestic abuse charges and excused herself due to family circumstances. Yes he is a piece of shit, and I would like to take him to a vet to be put down. On the other hand, he wasn't like that when my sister met him, an 18 month stint for selling weed brought out all the bad in him. I think he has been back to prison three times since, hasn't kept a job and fractured my sisters skull. She has been addicted to pain killers since.

My nephews are sweet as anything though. I invited my sister and kids to come to China and live with me, but she wouldn't. I'm in the process of buying a place here in Canada and will try to get them to come up here. I see their challenges being the upbringing and opportunities as well as the stigma that. The kids don't have family support, a positive role model, are teased and bullied at school and are at an age where they define their potential in an environment which says: our doors are closed to you; your entrance is that way - prison.

Like I said before, I was part of the busing program. After school I would be hanging with my black friends and we would get chased by the KKK. We would go into shops and they would be stared out and sometimes flat out ejected, while I got ignored. What kind of perspective do you think these kids have about the world? Is it the chicken before the egg or what? Were they there to steal, these 9 and 10 year-olds, or was it something else?

I think you may find a Scandinavian prison full of white people, an Indian prison full of Indians, a Chinese prison full of Chinese and an American prison full of black people. The common denominator will be that they were predominantly raised without much hope and guidance. On the other hand, in the US, you will find more people in prison than the combined totals of the three other areas mentioned.

You may have been poor and white, but your chances of being in prison regardless of your morals or attributes is much more likely to be on the side guarding the prisoners than behind the bars. Racism is a stupid trick that was created by them damn Jews.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby AAFitz on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:09 am

premio53 wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
premio53 wrote:
notyou2 wrote:I think his post reveals his IQ, and the fact that he is racist.

Lock this thread.

Thank you for showing your bigotry towards anyone who talks about anything you believe they shouldn't. Are you a racist?

You apparently are just as stupid. You are saying you agree with his generalizations?

majorheadache876 wrote:
Black people enjoy all the drama of crime and murder.
I'm convinced most of them have IQ's less than 80.
Bunch of slaves
act like a bunch of savages.

I agree that is offensive but if anyone on this forum started a thread that deals with the facts of high crime rates in Black neighborhoods, you would be the first to bring out the racist accusations.

What he might do in the future is completely irrelevant to what he did here, which was point out that this post was racist, and as you agree, completely offensive. You have defended offensive racist remarks, all because of an obvious hatred for someone who has stepped up to speak out against it.

Jesus is so proud of you right now....though I suppose racists deserve your love too. You can check that one off your list of things to do for today.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby patches70 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:15 am

Private patches70

Postby KoolBak on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:33 am

Lmao....good thread....

Since we're discussing situations and cultures of where we grew up.......I never met a black person till...geez....after high school anyway - I had no preconceived notions. HOWEVER.....I grew up in the country...lots of farms and lots of particularly BAD (white) families that committed horrendous atrocities upon the migrant / illegal work force, who resented it. There was a HUGE problem with crime / drugs / hate between the Mexicans and the wasps....2 of my friends were killed in high school and thats the tip of the iceburg.

After school I have met more white trash than I can describe who are the WORST kind of people I can imagine (and yes there's a large poor black population in the city / surrounding area near where I live) - crime is not sgregated, it is across the board (here anyway).

My point being, it's all a function of where you are; there's nothing worse than what these good old, god-fearing, white, established farmer families did to busloads and busloads and busloads of Mexicans......
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby 2dimes on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:16 pm

There's a difference between writing, "Where I lived most of the [colour] did horrible things." and "[colour] are just [somethings] that do horrible things."

I understand when every time we encounter someone that looks a certain way doing something we don't like. Sometimes we can't help but start to feel that is just how everyone that looks that way is.

Somewhere in other places there are people that look that way that are just ordinary good people. With jobs and familys.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby majorheadache876 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:20 pm

2dimes wrote:There's a difference between writing, "Where I lived most of the [colour] did horrible things." and "[colour] are just [somethings] that do horrible things."

I understand when every time we encounter someone that looks a certain way doing something we don't like. Sometimes we can't help but start to feel that is just how everyone that looks that way is.

Somewhere in other places there are people that look that way that are just ordinary good people. With jobs and familys.

cool, go post about that, maybe send a letter to the editor in Kansas City area, im sure they would be enlightened by your wisdom.

Postby 2dimes on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Oh well, of course. The Kansas City whiteys are dicks no doubt as this post clearly outlines.
majorheadache876 wrote:ohh original AP story

KANSAS CITY Mo. (AP) Despite decades of initiatives to stem violent crime, Kansas City residents continue killing each other at a rate five times higher than the national average

Deer editor, are there two many problems too deal with in Kansas Sity, why not just stop the residents from killing each other?

love, dimes.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Dear Dimes,

We are a newspaper and our income depends on us killing people so we have something to write about.

Love,
The Ed
Captain _sabotage_

Postby 2dimes on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:51 pm

_sabotage_ wrote:Dear Dimes,

We are a newspaper and our income depends on us killing people so we have something to write about.

Love,
The Ed

True.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:43 pm

majorheadache876 wrote:

what facts? be more specific.

there was some facts, and there was some observations and real living people making comments.

you want to ban some peoples ideas cuzz you say "your overtly racist comments...."?

What do you mean be more specific around facts? Why do I need to? That part was essentially defending your posts...

Tell me my man, since you have critically thought this entire issue through with so much indepth thought and insight, what do you propose as solutions to this problem of black communities causing so much crime?

however your intrigue and enduring need to stop a topic of crime on this topic is somewhat
disturbing or idiotic on yourself. but you do press on if need be.

Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Has anyone stopped to consider the unintended consequences of state-imposed 'order'?

Does policing inadvertently create more crime? (via prohibition)?

Does public schooling utterly fail to cater to consumer demand in particular areas?

If we don't know with high certainty what these answers are, then focusing on other alleged causes (e.g. skin color, 'culture', 'society', and other homogenous labels) would be completely misleading.
Last edited by BigBallinStalin on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:53 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Has anyone stopped to consider the unintended consequences of state-imposed 'order'?

Does public schooling utterly fail to cater to consumer demand in particular areas?

If we don't know with high certainty what these answers are, then focusing on other alleged causes (e.g. skin color, 'culture', 'society', and other homogenous labels) may be completely misleading.

Dont give him ideas you jerk. Your arguments are more convincing when they arent loudly supported by a bunch of drooling idiots.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Lootifer wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Has anyone stopped to consider the unintended consequences of state-imposed 'order'?

If we don't know with high certainty what these answers are, then focusing on other alleged causes (e.g. skin color, 'culture', 'society', and other homogenous labels) may be completely misleading.

Dont give him ideas you jerk. Your arguments are more convincing when they arent loudly supported by a bunch of drooling idiots.

I changed "may" into "would" because upon further reflection, that's more accurate.

As long as they're questioning the state's causal role in violence, then hopefully they'd become more skeptical of the "cuz they're black/white/yellow/derp" argument.

If they don't, then it becomes clearer that they're a bunch of dumb racists who are victims of their own cognitive bias. It's win-win, Lootifer!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Haha, or lose-lose depending on your PoV. But hey im happy with that!
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:10 pm

majorheadache876 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:http://articles.philly.com/2013-03-20/news/37846909_1_philadelphia-magazine-robert-huber-racial-insensitivity

I'm just going to leave this here and note that the original Philly Magazine article is 100% spot-on correct.

That being said, if anyone thinks crime is related to race and not to poverty level, that person is an idiot and also racist.

You might be right and probably are, however don't you think that a group of poor blacks or poor whites will stick together.
I know where I live that is true.
Do you really think a group of poor blacks that are going to commit a crime will choose another black person over a white.

The law of genetics is that cultures sticks together. Thats why the EU is not working.

And yes, I think the ones with the "gold" make the rules and they favor Anglos. But that wasn't this topic.

Actually, I think impoverished criminals don't much care who their victims are. A black lawyer is as likely to get robbed in West Philadelphia as a white lawyer.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:That being said, if anyone thinks crime is related to race and not to poverty level, that person is an idiot and also racist.

It's more than that, I mean whites were elevated in this country by the destruction and subjugation of the other races. They enslaved the blacks, murdered the Native Americans, and subjugated Mexicans and the Chinese. They took anything that they wanted. After they had themselves firmly rooted as the dominate race/culture, they attained enlightenment and offered the same privileges to the other races. Ok not really.
They freed the slaves, but gave them no way to raise themselves out of poverty. If a white man wanted to make something of himself, there was easily acquired free land available up until the 1950s, provided the government had already cleared out all of the natives. Once the land was claimed, then they offered to free the blacks so they could sharecrop it.
In the 70s the government started offering extra welfare to Urban Blacks as a form of reparations, but that's not going to help them reach the top. It's only been 40 years since white Americans even handed over full voting rights to Black Americans and ended legal segregation, but after the last presidential election, it's obvious those rights have some heavy strings attached. We're comparing 40 years against 250, with whites developing a system, and taking land and minerals wherever they wanted. It's no small wonder.... It's like whites had 250 turn lead in a game of Risk and then dealt blacks in.

I mean, these racists dipshits make me so mad. The civil rights movement was only 40 goddamn years ago. How stupid is the OP to assume that all the races should be equal after only 40 years of whites extending lesser freedom to the others and locking them up in cramped poor areas. Whites have piggybacked and subjugated the other races this whole entire time.

Not teaching moral absolutes has nothing to do with the problem. Science has proven that morality is inherited. It's instinctive. The problem is that whites liberated their personal slaves then locked them up in urban areas with few opportunities to advance their lives. What hope is there for a person growing up in a shitty community, where the best legal job they can find is minimum wage bullshit work? How about when their gang-banging neighbor has all the nice clothes and a new Lexus?
If you want things to change, you have to change your minds. You have to actually care about the cycle.

And further, for all the critical thinking it will spawn - all the world over the big cities are the most violent places. There's a good f*cking reason why there aren't gang wars in rural-shack strewn areas.

See, you're kind of generalizing too. I created a thread a few weeks ago about affirmative action and how it doesn't really work since it ends up that the only people getting into good colleges are still rich kids (they just happen to be black rich kids). While I agree that racism still exists (witness this thread), more than 50% of the likely voters in this country voted for a half-black man for president and there has been no great uprising or whatever. White kids worship black athletes and entertainers. White people have black bosses, etc.

I don't very much agree with most of your post, but I don't want to get into a whole debate about racism as it currently exists in the U.S. Crime occurs because people want or need money and they feel crime is the easiest way for them to get it. Yeah, if you're a black kid in West Philadelphia, you could go to a life of crime, but there is no inherent racial reason why you couldn't go for a non-criminal life. Otherwise, your point would be true for every black kid growing up in the inner city. I've worked with many highly intelligent, highly motivated poor black kids from the inner city who are going to go to college. They don't talk about how the white people got them down, so I'm not going to pay any mind to that sort of thing.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Much like anything in life affirmative action suffers from diminishing returns. It was pretty useful when black people were forced to drink from different water fountains and go on different buses; just the [cultural] landscape has changed (for the better) and thus affirmative action is, as you say, not all that useful (and we need to switch our focus to solving more specific issues - such as why black people are so much more likely to do jail time than whites etc.).
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:09 am

Lootifer wrote:Much like anything in life affirmative action suffers from diminishing returns. It was pretty useful when black people were forced to drink from different water fountains and go on different buses; just the [cultural] landscape has changed (for the better) and thus affirmative action is, as you say, not all that useful (and we need to switch our focus to solving more specific issues - such as why black people are so much more likely to do jail time than whites etc.).

This becomes a problem for some extra reasons, too. Eventually (I hope), affirmative action won't be needed to impose equality, but who wants to be the politician to campaign taking it away once it's exhausted it's usefulness? Ouch.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby daddy1gringo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:44 pm

...also, the op is a discussion of crime in Kansas City and Chicago pointing to race as the cause. What is "Bible" even doing in the title. Gimme a freakin' break.
The right answer to the wrong question is still the wrong answer to the real question.
Lieutenant daddy1gringo

Location: Connecticut yankee expatriated in Houston, Texas area, by way of Isabela, NW PR

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm

daddy1gringo wrote:...also, the op is a discussion of crime in Kansas City and Chicago pointing to race as the cause. What is "Bible" even doing in the title. Gimme a freakin' break.

I guess Missouri and Kansas might be considered part of the Bible Belt, but whatever.

But yeah, crime has ALWAYS been higher in poor neighborhoods, no matter the race, religion, politics, or whatever, that is the people in the neighborhood.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Lootifer on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:33 pm

b&

????

I miss him already.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,