Crime in the Bible Belt

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Crime in the Bible Belt

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Much like anything in life affirmative action suffers from diminishing returns. It was pretty useful when black people were forced to drink from different water fountains and go on different buses; just the [cultural] landscape has changed (for the better) and thus affirmative action is, as you say, not all that useful (and we need to switch our focus to solving more specific issues - such as why black people are so much more likely to do jail time than whites etc.).
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:09 am

Lootifer wrote:Much like anything in life affirmative action suffers from diminishing returns. It was pretty useful when black people were forced to drink from different water fountains and go on different buses; just the [cultural] landscape has changed (for the better) and thus affirmative action is, as you say, not all that useful (and we need to switch our focus to solving more specific issues - such as why black people are so much more likely to do jail time than whites etc.).

This becomes a problem for some extra reasons, too. Eventually (I hope), affirmative action won't be needed to impose equality, but who wants to be the politician to campaign taking it away once it's exhausted it's usefulness? Ouch.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby daddy1gringo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:44 pm

...also, the op is a discussion of crime in Kansas City and Chicago pointing to race as the cause. What is "Bible" even doing in the title. Gimme a freakin' break.
The right answer to the wrong question is still the wrong answer to the real question.
Lieutenant daddy1gringo

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm

daddy1gringo wrote:...also, the op is a discussion of crime in Kansas City and Chicago pointing to race as the cause. What is "Bible" even doing in the title. Gimme a freakin' break.

I guess Missouri and Kansas might be considered part of the Bible Belt, but whatever.

But yeah, crime has ALWAYS been higher in poor neighborhoods, no matter the race, religion, politics, or whatever, that is the people in the neighborhood.
I am what I am.

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Lootifer on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:33 pm

b&

????

I miss him already.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five