I can NEVER look at the Milo & Otis movie the same again.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I can NEVER look at the Milo & Otis movie the same again.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:27 am

Ever. I will say, I enjoyed it as a kid (3-7 years old) because it had a cute dog and kitten who went on adventures. But damn, because, well, here's what I mean. Let the Nostalgia Chick below show you what happens. :(

Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: I can NEVER look at the Milo & Otis movie the same again

Postby crispybits on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:22 am

The Japanese movie was so much better - damn those American re-makes!
Major crispybits

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:21 am

crispybits wrote:The Japanese movie was so much better - damn those American re-makes!

About the same movie, just different scene cut out. And no pug fighting a black bear. Or cat getting smashed against the shoreline of a cliff. Or kitten getting thrown off of said cliff.

Yeah, this movie, I can no longer see it as a "cute childhood film". It's really anything but.

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:23 am

I thought the cliff was from the Japan produced movie.
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
crispybits wrote:The Japanese movie was so much better - damn those American re-makes!

About the same movie, just different scene cut out. And no pug fighting a black bear. Or cat getting smashed against the shoreline of a cliff. Or kitten getting thrown off of said cliff.

Yeah, this movie, I can no longer see it as a "cute childhood film". It's really anything but.

I find it amusing that people get upset over animals X, Y, Z being harmed or killed, while fully supporting the mass production and slaughter of animals A, B, and C.

Hey, mtg, are you vegan?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby 2dimes on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:01 am

In the middle of delicious cattle county no less.
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:43 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

I find it amusing that people get upset over animals X, Y, Z being harmed or killed, while fully supporting the mass production and slaughter of animals A, B, and C.

Hey, mtg, are you vegan?

Vegan, no. Nothing against them, but I prefer some meat to my diet.

And to me, cats and dogs are pets. Often times members of the family. Cows are livestock, and seeing a pug get kicked around by them, didn't do much to help me think of them as little more than uncooked hamburgers.

That said, I don't condone animal abuse. If you're going to kill a cow for example, make it a quick death. But throwing a kitten off of a cliff or throwing a pug to a black bear just for a scene or two for a movie is just not right.

2dimes wrote:In the middle of delicious cattle county no less.
Cow County is closer to Yellowstone. I'm closer "Colorado County" where we get horrible drivers from the state below us that don't know how to drive in the winter. Or summer for that matter.

Postby Frigidus on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Nah, I don't want to ruin a childhood memory. I'll just remain blissfully ignorant.
Sergeant Frigidus

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Hey, mtg, are you vegan?

Vegan, no. Nothing against them, but I prefer some meat to my diet.

And to me, cats and dogs are pets. Often times members of the family. Cows are livestock, and seeing a pug get kicked around by them, didn't do much to help me think of them as little more than uncooked hamburgers.

That said, I don't condone animal abuse. If you're going to kill a cow for example, make it a quick death. But throwing a kitten off of a cliff or throwing a pug to a black bear just for a scene or two for a movie is just not right.

How amusing!
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:40 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Hey, mtg, are you vegan?

Are you?

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:41 pm

9/10
Would be friend-zoned by her.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Crazyirishman on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:55 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Cow County is closer to Yellowstone. I'm closer "Colorado County" where we get horrible drivers from the state below us that don't know how to drive in the winter. Or summer for that matter.

It's a lot easier to drive in Wyoming when there's only 32 people in your state.
Captain Crazyirishman

Location: Maine, North Carolina, Colorado or somewhere in between.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:10 am

Crazyirishman wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

It's a lot easier to drive in Wyoming when there's only 32 people in your state.

There's a few more than that, but the winds here can make it, interesting at times...

Mainly because Colorado sucks and Montana blows.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:45 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Hey, mtg, are you vegan?

Are you?

BMO

Nope. But I don't take amusing positions! :D
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Alright, well that leaves us in a couple possible situations:

1. Since you're not vegan, you find it morally permissable to mistreat animals.
2. You're not vegan, but you don't find it morally permissible to mistreat animals (same as mtg)
3. Absolutely no position on the mistreatment of animals. I'd ignore it if I saw it and don't go out of my way to do it.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?