Conquer Club

Marriage Equality

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Marriage Equality

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:21 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Sometimes, you're right. Most of the time you're polemical, you create misleading analogies, and you don't criticize your own thinking/conclusions.

This is one of those latter moments.

Anyway, if you can't answer my question correctly, then don't you think it would be foolish to take something out of context?

Honestly, I just want to know where all the threads are where Phatscotty abhors violence against gays. I can't seem to find those. You know... those incidents where a gay kid is bullied and commits suicide; or those incidents where a gay kid is tied to a truck and dragged for a couple of miles? Seems like those are more disturbing and worthy of mention than some people beating the crap out of two preachers who called them deragatory names.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby waauw on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:26 am

Phatscotty wrote:Looks some some members of one group think they are more equal than some members of another

SEATTLE, WA, – A street preacher was repeatedly punched in the head and kicked by two men at Seattle’s Pridefest this past Sunday – and the entire confrontation was caught on camera. In disturbing video footage uploaded on Youtube and reported by Seattle’s KOMO news, two Christian street preachers can be seen standing on a grassy area. One of the preachers holds a sign that says “Jesus saves and heals,” and “Repent or else,” while the other holds a Bible.

These preachers are dispicable. You should know in advance that there is a very good chance of people getting pissed for doing this. Yes, people should have freedom of opinion and freedom of speech, but it should be limited by a line called "respect towards other people".

If a person hates bikers for example, he might be scared to go tell that right in the face of some of these huge men. They might be scared because they know it will be perceived as disrespectful. The same should go for this situation. If you start preaching thusly, it is a given that a lot of people will be dissatisfied and might react. Knowing this in advance and still deciding to do this, they're just purposelly trying to disrupt the peace. They are purposelly picking a fight.

I don't understand why american police even allows this.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:06 am

Phatscotty wrote:Looks some some members of one group think they are more equal than some members of another

SEATTLE, WA, – A street preacher was repeatedly punched in the head and kicked by two men at Seattle’s Pridefest this past Sunday – and the entire confrontation was caught on camera. In disturbing video footage uploaded on Youtube and reported by Seattle’s KOMO news, two Christian street preachers can be seen standing on a grassy area. One of the preachers holds a sign that says “Jesus saves and heals,” and “Repent or else,” while the other holds a Bible.

This DEFINITELY proves that gays should not be allowed to marry. Well done, Phatscotty.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:09 am

waauw wrote:

These preachers are dispicable. You should know in advance that there is a very good chance of people getting pissed for doing this. Yes, people should have freedom of opinion and freedom of speech, but it should be limited by a line called "respect towards other people".

Now that you mention it, wasn't Phatscotty the one blaming some black kids for getting shot at a gas station because they weren't being respectful enough with their loud music? I guess in his mind, you should only be more respectful when you're a black kid. Religious people have the right to be blatantly offensive to gays, but black kids don't have the right to listen to their music as they'd like to.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,