Marriage Equality

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Marriage Equality

Postby Lootifer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Again you are assuming that those who disagree with you think in the same way you do. Just because you dont care about recognition; it doesnt mean others dont hold it dear to their hearts.

as far as I'm concerned, you haven't really said anything yet. If you got somethin to say, say it. If all you can muster on the issue is things about me, fine okay, I hear you, but it means nothing for the issue.

If you want to go through it from the start, I'll make a thread about it.

Fine a picture tells a thousand words:

Click image to enlarge.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Phatscotty wrote:The fiscal concern I have can be summed up with a question. Is now really the time to increase the roles of monetary benefits from the gov't (for whatever reason)?

This sounds a lot like "I got mine, so f*ck them".

Phatscotty wrote:The institution of marriage is getting pimped for dollars. Yes, it has already been getting pimped in the past, but the overall question here is, if you ask me, "should we gorilla pimp marriage"

This sounds a lot like "I got mine, so f*ck them".
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Again you are assuming that those who disagree with you think in the same way you do. Just because you dont care about recognition; it doesnt mean others dont hold it dear to their hearts.

as far as I'm concerned, you haven't really said anything yet. If you got somethin to say, say it. If all you can muster on the issue is things about me, fine okay, I hear you, but it means nothing for the issue.

I see some things haven't changed at all.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Lootifer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

I am quite proud of myself for my reply to that post.
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Phatscotty wrote:The fiscal concern I have can be summed up with a question. Is now really the time to increase the roles of monetary benefits from the gov't (for whatever reason)? I understand the premise is "all other married people are getting those monetary benefits", but, perhaps that is a major reason (more and more and more gov't benefits) why we can't live within our means and must go into debt in the first place?

Getting married can decrease the tax obligation an individual has to his or her government. You don't support people getting to pay less in taxes? You'd rather people can't get married, so that the government gets more money?
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
Head Thinker
Head Thinker

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (5)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:The fiscal concern I have can be summed up with a question. Is now really the time to increase the roles of monetary benefits from the gov't (for whatever reason)? I understand the premise is "all other married people are getting those monetary benefits", but, perhaps that is a major reason (more and more and more gov't benefits) why we can't live within our means and must go into debt in the first place?

Getting married can decrease the tax obligation an individual has to his or her government. You don't support people getting to pay less in taxes? You'd rather people can't get married, so that the government gets more money?

Some pay less, some pay more, some stay the same. So I can't answer your question that runs with the incorrect premise that all marriage = less taxes. Not to mention there are 1,100 other areas in law and tax code that are on the plate here

I think the government would pay out a lot more money, so I can't answer your second question either.

:(

But I'm trying to let these guys have their own thread.
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:48 am

Lootifer wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

I am quite proud of myself for my reply to that post.

Really? what was the point of the pride?? That what others hold dear to their heart trumps what all other hold dear to their hearts and we should change definitions? And I'm not sure you are qualified to speak for what everyone else "thinks". I just noted that your post is all about what I think or what I feel, and I don't see what that has to do with anything.

so, was that your point? or did I miss something?
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Lootifer on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:18 am

u missed something
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:20 am

Lootifer wrote:u missed something

I asked wut

:P
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lootifer on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:23 am

MY SECRET! /freedom
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:26 am

Lootifer wrote:MY SECRET! /freedom

Freedom's consuming itself
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lootifer on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:34 am

Hey check it, shitty ole NZ made Huffpost.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... ref=topbar
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 am

Lootifer wrote:Hey check it, shitty ole NZ made Huffpost.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... ref=topbar

I already congratulated yallz! So, just to be clear. Now there is marriage equality in NZ. Are there going to be any other changes not related to marriage? Or is it as simple as gays can marry, the end?
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lootifer on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:27 am

Iunno.
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Postby daddy1gringo on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Woodruff wrote:
daddy1gringo wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Whichever arguments are similar, I discard both--if one has been already refuted (which is why analogies are useful). If dissimilar, then I let the opposition explain. Daddy1gringo refused, so he's left with the reductio ad absurdum until he can muster a good argument against gay marriage.
What a joke. I clearly took up your challenge, made the substitution as you requested, showing clearly how the substitution didn't work. It's not my fault that you continued to hold your hand over your eyes and declare exactly the opposite of what was clearly there. The statements, with the substitution, made absolutely no sense. Bigots having a problem with people of different races marrying has nothing to do with trying to re-define the very nature of marriage.

I haven't followed any of your discussion with BBS. However, being a "bigot" does not at all necessarily relate to race. One can be a bigot against any type of group.

(Note: I am NOT calling you a bigot, just disagreeing with what appears to be your use of the term.)
Fair enough. The discussion concerned an article I posted on page 3 (March 31 at 3-something pm) I'd be interested to hear your input on both the article and the subsequent discussion between me and BBS.
The right answer to the wrong question is still the wrong answer to the real question.
Lieutenant daddy1gringo

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?