Conquer Club

MLB 2013

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: MLB 2013

Postby strike wolf on Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 pm

So Braves are kind of streaky right now. They had that good stretch to start the season than that long drought and now kind of seem to be getting back on their feet but have blown a lot of leads even in this stretch and have been too close for comfort in a lot of games. I guess I shouldn't complain right now because we have won 9 of our last 11; I'm just worried how we'll continue on with Heyward batting south of the Mendoza line and our currently struggling bullpen. Still I guess I do feel confident with our chances this year as if there's one thing we seem to do well is that we play well within our own division.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby thegreekdog on Tue May 28, 2013 3:30 pm

strike wolf wrote:So Braves are kind of streaky right now. They had that good stretch to start the season than that long drought and now kind of seem to be getting back on their feet but have blown a lot of leads even in this stretch and have been too close for comfort in a lot of games. I guess I shouldn't complain right now because we have won 9 of our last 11; I'm just worried how we'll continue on with Heyward batting south of the Mendoza line and our currently struggling bullpen. Still I guess I do feel confident with our chances this year as if there's one thing we seem to do well is that we play well within our own division.

I'm sticking with my Braves World Series pick. If Heyward, BJ Upton get back to normal, they will continue to improve.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby strike wolf on Tue May 28, 2013 3:32 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
strike wolf wrote:So Braves are kind of streaky right now. They had that good stretch to start the season than that long drought and now kind of seem to be getting back on their feet but have blown a lot of leads even in this stretch and have been too close for comfort in a lot of games. I guess I shouldn't complain right now because we have won 9 of our last 11; I'm just worried how we'll continue on with Heyward batting south of the Mendoza line and our currently struggling bullpen. Still I guess I do feel confident with our chances this year as if there's one thing we seem to do well is that we play well within our own division.

I'm sticking with my Braves World Series pick. If Heyward, BJ Upton get back to normal, they will continue to improve.

I won't disagree with that and if our bullpens gets healthier, we should be in pretty good shape.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue May 28, 2013 4:25 pm

On a different topic, which team do you think will be more likely to finish worst in the MLB? Houston or Miami? I'm actually gonna go with Houston. I think the team has to adjust to a different way of playing baseball with the DH and I don't expect them to do well at all this season where I can see Miami having spurts of good games.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby nietzsche on Tue May 28, 2013 7:17 pm

strike wolf wrote:On a different topic, which team do you think will be more likely to finish worst in the MLB? Houston or Miami? I'm actually gonna go with Houston. I think the team has to adjust to a different way of playing baseball with the DH and I don't expect them to do well at all this season where I can see Miami having spurts of good games.

Houston. Miami has a couple of good starters and when Stanton comes back they should have a little more run support.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Night Strike on Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 pm

strike wolf wrote:On a different topic, which team do you think will be more likely to finish worst in the MLB? Houston or Miami? I'm actually gonna go with Houston. I think the team has to adjust to a different way of playing baseball with the DH and I don't expect them to do well at all this season where I can see Miami having spurts of good games.

Miami. AL West is a weaker division than NL East, especially since Houston has already beaten the Angels several times. Houston has decent chances at beating the As and Mariners (although I know they're like 0-6 against one of them) throughout the year as well as the Angels if they don't pick it up. Miami can beat the Mets but probably not anyone else.
Major Night Strike

Postby strike wolf on Tue May 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Oakland's #2 in division last I had checked. Do you feel that's a fluke?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Night Strike on Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 pm

strike wolf wrote:Oakland's #2 in division last I had checked. Do you feel that's a fluke?

Yeah, didn't realize that when I posted it. Still feel that it's a fluke, but I'll admit I'm much more familiar with NL than AL.
Major Night Strike

Postby thegreekdog on Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Miami can also beat the Phillies.

There was an interesting article on espn.com (Jayson Stark... whom I love) about the futility records the Astros and Marlins could break.

There was a better article on grantland.com (Jonah Keri... whom I hate since he picked the Rays to sweep the Phillies in 2008 and never, ever, has a good thing to say about the Phillies) about the Astros's plan.

Also, I love Jose Altuve (my starting fantasy baseball second baseman).

Postby Night Strike on Tue May 28, 2013 10:36 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Miami can also beat the Phillies.

There was an interesting article on espn.com (Jayson Stark... whom I love) about the futility records the Astros and Marlins could break.

There was a better article on grantland.com (Jonah Keri... whom I hate since he picked the Rays to sweep the Phillies in 2008 and never, ever, has a good thing to say about the Phillies) about the Astros's plan.

Also, I love Jose Altuve (my starting fantasy baseball second baseman).

Both are good articles (once I found them).
Major Night Strike

Postby nietzsche on Tue May 28, 2013 10:37 pm

tgd, you play fantasy and didn't join CC's league??

I'm disappoint.
General nietzsche

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 29, 2013 7:44 am

nietzsche wrote:tgd, you play fantasy and didn't join CC's league??

I'm disappoint.

I spend approximately half an hour a day on fantasy baseball (I'm in a 14 team keeper league) so I didn't have enough spare time to have another league. But I love fantasy baseball. Maybe next year?

Postby nietzsche on Wed May 29, 2013 12:27 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
nietzsche wrote:tgd, you play fantasy and didn't join CC's league??

I'm disappoint.

I spend approximately half an hour a day on fantasy baseball (I'm in a 14 team keeper league) so I didn't have enough spare time to have another league. But I love fantasy baseball. Maybe next year?

mmmmkay
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Wed May 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Yadier Molina, best catcher in history

Also in my fantasy team.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Wed May 29, 2013 12:40 pm

tgd, how do you feel about the weight the Phillies carry with Howard?
General nietzsche

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 pm

nietzsche wrote:tgd, how do you feel about the weight the Phillies carry with Howard?

He's a large man. Is that what you're asking?

If you're talking about salary, it is what it is. I expected him to get back to form this year or next (and by form, I mean hitting .260, 40 homers, 120 RBI). But maybe not. I think the Phillies need to keep him for a little while, or else pick up some portion of his salary in a trade.

Postby nietzsche on Thu May 30, 2013 11:59 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Fri May 31, 2013 12:04 am

General nietzsche

Postby deathcomesrippin on Fri May 31, 2013 7:50 am

nietzsche wrote:Yadier Molina, best catcher in history

Also in my fantasy team.

That's a strong statement.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby thegreekdog on Fri May 31, 2013 12:30 pm

The difference between Red Sox fans and Phillies fans:

Phillies fans will cheer for a former Phillie who helped the team win a World Series when said player plays for another team:

Red Sox fans will boo a former Red Sock who helped the team win a World Series when said player plays for another team:

Why do Phillies fans get a bad rap and Red Sox fans are worshiped?

Postby dcowboys055 on Fri May 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Probably because they're the same fans that did things like cheer Michael Irvin's career ending spinal cord injury, among other things. Google it.
XI since August '06
Captain dcowboys055

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Will players start getting thrown out of games for tossing their bat after a strike out or for doing any other throwing action? Fagan throwing out Molina was crap.
Major Night Strike

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Night Strike wrote:Will players start getting thrown out of games for tossing their bat after a strike out or for doing any other throwing action? Fagan throwing out Molina was crap.

What a play by Crawford.

How many games you'd thing they'll give him after the reaction?
General nietzsche

Postby Night Strike on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:24 am

nietzsche wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Will players start getting thrown out of games for tossing their bat after a strike out or for doing any other throwing action? Fagan throwing out Molina was crap.

What a play by Crawford.

How many games you'd thing they'll give him after the reaction?

Post Dispatch writers seem to think it'll be a fine only. I'm guessing 1 game and will be pretty upset if it's more than that (especially since he nearly had a full game out after the toss). Matheny will also get a pretty good fine for his comments.
Major Night Strike

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,