Conquer Club

Gun Control

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Never Again

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:36 am

Lootifer wrote:Yes me making a joke is a perfectly valid segway into making an assertive generalistion about an opinion you disagree with.

Forgive me if I dont welcome you back warmly PS.

We can be warm and fuzzy, I have just never seen so many people cracking slavery jokes.

Truly, the issue is gun control. The OP deals with a very brutal reality of how gun control = people control
Major Phatscotty

Postby ooge on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 am

Phatscotty wrote:Lefties have always joked about slavery.

The more things change, the more they stay the same it seems.

which group would fight to end slavery liberal or conservative? which group would fight to pass civil rights legislation liberal or conservative? who would have been in favor of revolting against the King of England,Liberal or conservative?If Christ lived was he a Liberal? or a conservative?
Last edited by ooge on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain ooge

Postby _sabotage_ on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:10 am

Which group supports witch hunts?
Captain _sabotage_

Postby ooge on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:12 am

_sabotage_ wrote:Which group supports witch hunts?
I corrected my spelling errors
Captain ooge

Postby _sabotage_ on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:25 am

Scotty, I would be fully with you if Muricans showed any semblance of unity. As is, I agree, let the boys have their toys, but this is based on freedom, not based on its effectiveness to prevent enslavement. We are already financial slaves and I can't see us shooting our way out.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 am

_sabotage_ wrote:Scotty, I would be fully with you if Muricans showed any semblance of unity. As is, I agree, let the boys have their toys, but this is based on freedom, not based on its effectiveness to prevent enslavement. We are already financial slaves and I can't see us shooting our way out.

We do have unity. The details are blurry and there is virtually nothing but disinformation going around and the issue is all emotion and no thought, but our unity can't be ignored (Obama and Reid cannot even get a vote in Congress on the current gun control because they don't have the votes)

The reason I made this thread was for people who don't understand our argument that gun control = people control. I figured that most of the people who don't see that argument are usually race/slavery obsessed and they can't have rational discussion past that. This is clear example that they should be able to relate to, that is we need to think of it from a minority standpoint and the rights of minorities. Like speech, majorities do not need protection as much as minorities.

And for the record yes I believe every person who has been enslaved throughout history against their will (not indentured servitude) should have had access to a weapon sometime during their slavery, hopefully before they were taken slaves so they could make their own decision how their life and fate would be determined. Slavery is the extreme opposite of Freedom, and Freedom is worth fighting for, and it's better to have a fighting chance than to be helpless and bound to another's will.
Major Phatscotty

Postby The Voice on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 am

Lootifer wrote:Yes me making a joke is a perfectly valid segway into making an assertive generalistion about an opinion you disagree with.

Forgive me if I feel compelled to correct you, but since no one else did, here goes nothing: unless you're referring to the brand name SegwayĀ® Human Transporter, a self-balancing personal transportation device, you needed to use "segue."
Major The Voice

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 am

The Voice wrote:

Forgive me if I feel compelled to correct you, but since no one else did, here goes nothing: unless you're referring to the brand name SegwayĀ® Human Transporter, a self-balancing personal transportation device, you needed to use "segue."

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Lootifer on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:56 pm

The Voice wrote:

Thank you good sir; I am not above admitting my lack of knowledge and subsequent fail. /tiphat

Interestingly I am not the only one: http://english.stackexchange.com/questi ... -for-segue
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Re: Gun Control

Postby ooge on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:56 am

Captain ooge

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:09 am

Analogous thinking can be misleading.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby ooge on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:31 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Analogous thinking can be misleading.

So can blindly following and Ideology =D> =D> =D>
Captain ooge

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:10 am

ooge wrote:

say what you will, and self high-five yourself all you want, but one thing BBS is not, is blind.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:22 am

Phatscotty wrote:
ooge wrote:

say what you will, and self high-five yourself all you want, but one thing BBS is not, is blind.

he was referring to you.

anyway, lets make this thread way cooler... (song starts at 1:40)

I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 am

ooge wrote:Image
PolitiComments

+2
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Night Strike on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:57 pm

ooge wrote:

Do people have the right to protect themselves? The right to life?
Major Night Strike

Postby chang50 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:45 am

Night Strike wrote:
ooge wrote:

With guns?No is the quick answer,there are obviously many exceptions to such a blanket assertion..
Similiarly,no,Osama Bin Laden did not have the same right to life as you and me,nor would a Hitler,Pol Pot,etc..
Captain chang50

Postby ooge on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:52 am

Night Strike wrote:
ooge wrote:

Life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness. your life my life are more important then your liberty my liberty...that is why the founders put it in that order. I cant take credit for this idea a father of a slain child from Newtown said it.
Captain ooge

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:25 am

ooge wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
ooge wrote:

Life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness. your life my life are more important then your liberty my liberty...that is why the founders put it in that order. I cant take credit for this idea a father of a slain child from Newtown said it.

If only it was a crime to shoot people...
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Night Strike on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:41 am

chang50 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
ooge wrote:

With guns?No is the quick answer,there are obviously many exceptions to such a blanket assertion..
Similiarly,no,Osama Bin Laden did not have the same right to life as you and me,nor would a Hitler,Pol Pot,etc..

Why do people not have the right to protect themselves with guns when it's the most effective means for people of all statures? In fact, it's the best form of self-defense for women, who are typically smaller than an assailant who may try to commit rape. Not all people are of the same size and strength, yet firearms can equalize that disadvantage.

ooge wrote: Life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness. your life my life are more important then your liberty my liberty...that is why the founders put it in that order. I cant take credit for this idea a father of a slain child from Newtown said it.

So if I'm not using a gun to take away your life, then why can't I have one and carry it? Sounds like can both can live in perfect harmony.
Major Night Strike

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:00 pm

The stats regarding sexual assault indicate a large number of victims are children or young adults, and likely wouldn't or couldn't be packin' heat:

RAINN Statitics wrote:15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12.3

29% are age 12-17.
44% are under age 18.3
80% are under age 30.3
12-34 are the highest risk years.
Girls ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault

Prevention of sexual assault can be accomplished with more effective means than a gun I think, and RAINN seems to suggest this on their website as well.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Dodge City, 1878
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby comic boy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:43 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
ooge wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
ooge wrote:

Serious question , in cases of accidental firearm deaths do people in the USA ever get prosecuted for manslaughter or something similar. Also are there laws protecting the families of gun owners , I know children have been killed whilst playing with firearms , are the parents ever prosecuted for neglect.
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:08 pm

But the authors of the "gun control" bill admit that it wouldn't have done anything to prevent any of the mass shootings over the last few years, so it's basically feel-good legislation

And to all the people who think closing the "loopholes" would prevent a shooting, please tell us which of the mass shooters in the recent past got their gun through a "loophole"?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:21 pm

comic boy wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
ooge wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
ooge wrote:

Serious question , in cases of accidental firearm deaths do people in the USA ever get prosecuted for manslaughter or something similar. Also are there laws protecting the families of gun owners , I know children have been killed whilst playing with firearms , are the parents ever prosecuted for neglect.

Just like car accidents...
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,