Conquer Club

Gun Control

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gun Control

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm sure PS can find a chart showing a correlation between gun crimes and voting patterns that is better than this.

Here's what I've found. I can do better if you really want.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/politi ... orld/4412/

New Orelans - 62.1 gun murders per 100,000 people
Detroit - 35.9 (Democratic mayors from about 1962 to 2013)
Newark - 25.4
Miami - 23.7
Washington, D.C. 19
Atlanta - 17.2 (Democratic mayors from 1885 (yes 1885) to 2013
Cleveland - 17.4 (Democratic mayors from 1989 to 2013)
Buffalo - 16.5 (Democratic mayors from 1966 to 2013)
Houston - 12.9 (Democratic mayors from 1921 to 2013)
Chicago - 11.6 (Democratic mayors from 1931 to 2013)
Phoenix - 10.6
Los Angeles - 9.2 (Democratic mayors from 2001 to 2013)
Boston - 6.2 (Democractic mayors from 1910 to 2013)
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Re: Background Checks/Gun Control: Do They Work?

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:I'm sure by now many of you have heard about the 8th grader arrested for wearing an NRA shirt to school (yeah right... :P)

I actually hadn't heard about this.

Disciplined 8th-grader Jared Marcum returned to class on Monday after being suspended from school and arrested for refusing to change his NRA t-shirt at the request of one of his teachers. The shirt apparently pictured a firearm and the words ā€œprotect your rights.ā€

That's kinda dumb. How do they justify it? Just that it's "offensive"? I mean, I know our school has rules against someone wearing clothing that has swear words on it or that seems to promote killing (I don't know the exact words), but I don't see how a shirt by that description would be considered even offensive.

Actually, from the stories I have read, it seems like it wasn't "the school" as much as it was one teacher.

One teacher doesn't get a student arrested.

Phatscotty wrote:Apparently (according to students interviewed), this is one of those teachers that actively brainwashes the students with leftism, and also has some pull in the school being one of the more active members of the teachers union, and a huge Obama supporter. It actually makes perfect sense when you look at it on an individual level.

Fascinating how you manage to try to tie in Obama AND being active in the teacher's union. You just have no shame at all, do you? Get back with me when you actually want to discuss the issue involved instead of trying to demonize everything you disagree with.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Except it's true...(fascinating isn't it?!?!) one teacher did get a student arrested. At this point, you might want to read the story, so that you know what you are talking about. The information I shared came from students at the school...not me Woody. I for the life of me cannot understand your confusion here

Same old Woodruff...strong opinions based on ZERO knowledge
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Except it's true...(fascinating isn't it?!?!) one teacher did get a student arrested. At this point, you might want to read the story, so that you know what you are talking about

I did a websearch and didn't find anything. Got a link other than a dumbass video? Perhaps something from the authorities?

Phatscotty wrote:Same old Woodruff...strong opinions based on ZERO knowledge

I know you've never been one to have an interest in irony, but how it doesn't slap you in the face, I will never understand.
Last edited by Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Except it's true...(fascinating isn't it?!?!) one teacher did get a student arrested. At this point, you might want to read the story, so that you know what you are talking about

I did a websearch and didn't find anything. Got a link other than a dumbass video?

I know you've never been one to have an interest in irony, but how it doesn't slap you in the face, I will never understand.

You just admitted you don't have any information. Tell me where your strong opinions come from again?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I did a websearch and didn't find anything. Got a link other than a dumbass video?

You just admitted you don't have any information. Tell me where your strong opinions come from again?

So far, I've only been able to form my opinions based on the idiocy you've spewed. I've asked you for more information, and yet you've been unwilling to provide it.

And yet, even given that, you're dumb enough to take me to task for basing my opinion on the information you've provided and your unwillingness to provide more.

I've often wondered what it would be like to have an invertebrate for a pet. Dealing with you is helping me to understand.

Postby ooge on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:53 pm

So the founding fathers also created the electoral college a antiquated system today,but I believe they thought they needed it because they did not trust the peons to vote correctly,leaving the ruling class the ability to overturn the vote.and we are meant to believe that if they were around today they would think it was just great that any American can buy 30 ammo clips and military style guns.I think Not.
Captain ooge

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

So far, I've only been able to form my opinions based on the idiocy you've spewed. I've asked you for more information, and yet you've been unwilling to provide it.

And yet, even given that, you're dumb enough to take me to task for basing my opinion on the information you've provided and your unwillingness to provide more.

I've often wondered what it would be like to have an invertebrate for a pet. Dealing with you is helping me to understand.

this is interesting. Let's explore the source of your doubts for a second before I provide the information you have already judged and commented on...

Is it that you think a Conservative teacher freaked out over and NRA shirt? Why do you think that?
Is is that you think 9 out of 10 faculty members at any given school vote Conservative? Why do you think that?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:56 pm

ooge wrote:So the founding fathers also created the electoral college a antiquated system today,but I believe they thought they needed it because they did not trust the peons to vote correctly,leaving the ruling class the ability to overturn the vote.and we are meant to believe that if they were around today they would think it was just great that any American can buy 30 ammo clips and military style guns.I think Not.

What do you base those thoughts on?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Except it's true...(fascinating isn't it?!?!) one teacher did get a student arrested. At this point, you might want to read the story, so that you know what you are talking about.

Ok, I've found a link. According to the story, the student was arrested because he "was disrupting the school process" (per the city police chief), NOT because he was wearing an NRA t-shirt and not because "one teacher got the student arrested".

Now, I'll be the first to say that I think the band teacher was out of line in making such a scene and is equally at fault. He disrupted the school process as much as the student did by handling it in a ham-handed manner.

Phatscotty wrote:The information I shared came from students at the school...not me Woody.

I'm sure they wouldn't be biased, of course.

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

this is interesting. Let's explore the source of your doubts for a second before I provide the information you have already judged and commented on...

Is it that you think a Conservative teacher freaked out over and NRA shirt? Why do you think that?
Is is that you think 9 out of 10 faculty members at any given school vote Conservative? Why do you think that?

Would it really be so difficult for you to just provide the information instead of continuing to act like a weasel? I mean, seriously...you're about as weak-minded of a "debater" as I've ever seen.

It's like you're fucking allergic to the truth or honesty.

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Would it really be so difficult for you to just provide the information instead of continuing to act like a weasel? I mean, seriously...you're about as weak-minded of a "debater" as I've ever seen.

Is it really so difficult for you to explain your post?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:So far, I've only been able to form my opinions based on the idiocy you've spewed. I've asked you for more information, and yet you've been unwilling to provide it.

Which part does your dumb ass need explained?

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:So far, I've only been able to form my opinions based on the idiocy you've spewed. I've asked you for more information, and yet you've been unwilling to provide it.

fyi: Only dumb people call other people dumb. Smart people just sit back and laugh
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

fyi: Only dumb people call other people dumb.

That is an absolutely brilliant piece of bullshit.

Phatscotty wrote:Smart people just sit back and laugh

Don't worry, I'm laughing at you too, dumbass.

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:20 pm

No, you are acting like a foul mouthed little brat, making repeated insults on a topic you don't know anything about.

Is that how an intelligent person acts? Or is that how a fool acts?

And you wonder why I would rather just ignore you...
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Phatscotty wrote:No, you are acting like a foul mouthed little brat, making repeated insults on a topic you don't know anything about.

Actually, I DO now know about the topic, no thanks to your integrity-allergic ass. I stated that quite clearly, in fact.

Phatscotty wrote:Is that how an intelligent person acts? Or is that how a fool acts?

Frequently, an intelligent person will have no patience with an intentional liar. Frequently, a fool will put up with their shit.

Phatscotty wrote:And you wonder why I would rather just ignore you...

I don't wonder about it, actually. In fact, I have frequently stated the reason, which is the fact that you simply can't answer the questions I pose to you, so you find it easier to ignore them.

Your dumb ass apparently doesn't even realize that I agreed with you in general on this issue, because you're too busy acting like a dumbass. Stop wearing your ass for a hat, Phatscotty.

Postby comic boy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Phatscotty wrote:No, you are acting like a foul mouthed little brat, making repeated insults on a topic you don't know anything about.

If you wanted to ignore him you would put him on foe , its the questions you ignore not the questioner , same as it ever was :(
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:32 pm

comic boy wrote:

If you wanted to ignore him you would put him on foe , its the questions you ignore not the questioner , same as it ever was :(

Just wait until you have your own stalker!

I only gave him a 24 hour pass. Looks like he flamed the most of it. But yes he is going back on foe now. I don't have to conversate with foul mouth kids who don't even want to talk about the issues anyways.

BOOM!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
comic boy wrote:

Just wait until you have your own stalker!

I only gave him a 24 hour pass. Looks like he flamed the most of it. But yes he is going back on foe now. I don't have to conversate with foul mouth kids who don't even want to talk about the issues anyways.

The irony must be physically painful.

On the plus side, that's #10!

Coward.

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Stepping back in: please lower the discourse, gentlemen! This is not how a healthy thread should be.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Lootifer on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Def needs more rainbows and kittens.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Stepping back in: please lower the discourse, gentlemen! This is not how a healthy thread should be.

BMO

STOP MODERATING AND ANSWER MY well thought-out and cogent POST!

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:21 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:Stepping back in: please lower the discourse, gentlemen! This is not how a healthy thread should be.

BMO

STOP MODERATING AND ANSWER MY well thought-out and cogent POST!

WHICH ONE, DAGGUMMIT!?

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 pm

This one. Wow... there sure were a lot of "Phatscotty is a troll" and "Woodruff is stalking me" posts.

thegreekdog wrote:I'm sure PS can find a chart showing a correlation between gun crimes and voting patterns that is better than this.

Here's what I've found. I can do better if you really want.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/politi ... orld/4412/

New Orelans - 62.1 gun murders per 100,000 people
Detroit - 35.9 (Democratic mayors from about 1962 to 2013)
Newark - 25.4
Miami - 23.7
Washington, D.C. 19
Atlanta - 17.2 (Democratic mayors from 1885 (yes 1885) to 2013
Cleveland - 17.4 (Democratic mayors from 1989 to 2013)
Buffalo - 16.5 (Democratic mayors from 1966 to 2013)
Houston - 12.9 (Democratic mayors from 1921 to 2013)
Chicago - 11.6 (Democratic mayors from 1931 to 2013)
Phoenix - 10.6
Los Angeles - 9.2 (Democratic mayors from 2001 to 2013)
Boston - 6.2 (Democractic mayors from 1910 to 2013)

I tend to think there is a causation link, but there is at least a correlation between high rates of gun violence and Democratic constituents, voters, and politicians. At least that's my take.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,