Conquer Club

Gun Control

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gun Control

Postby Nordik on Wed May 22, 2013 7:37 am

Phatscotty wrote:Wait, so if you don't get a tank right now, nobody can ever get tank ever again in the future?

For starters, Some private citizens do own tanks now. I would speculate further, say, we were in a civil war, it would be very possible that defectors could steal them, rebel fighters could steal them, maybe a train with a load of tanks would be highjacked/engineer bribed? Insurgents can take them off defeated units, mechanics can fix old ones, perhaps an enemy of the peoples enemy would supply them....that's just off the top of my head. But like I said, we fundamentally disagree at the very beginning of the argument, so I don't really see any reason to go over a bunch of smaller details, and certainly not the fantastical tank discussion.

I do agree with one thing you said though, that tanks won't magically appear out of thin air.

I was hoping you would say that. :D

So why then do you need people to have guns now? Why not keep people safe through gun control? If they can steal tanks, they can steal guns too.

Phatscotty wrote:Can you post the link to your pie charts please? From the "national priority project" I would like to have a closer look.

Google is wonderful. But you can right click and find the link. They come from various different websites.

Night Strike wrote:Yes, I can. The people who put those into law are to blame for enshrining unaffordable programs into something that doesn't have to be approved annually. And the people who to this day refuse to reform those programs to even attempt affordability are also to blame. Just because something is considered "mandatory" spending doesn't mean it's suddenly exempt from being counted on the ledger. Try to tell any business that 50% of their spending doesn't have to be reported on the balance sheet and they will be laughing at you for the rest of the day.

Then you can blame every party and every president that has been in power for several decades equally. In true bipartisanship.

But realistically, when it is so damn difficult to make them agree on the discretionary part of the budget you think they're going to go further into it?
Corporal Nordik

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 22, 2013 1:56 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:So, did y'all solve the gun control problem?

I think so. The plan is to have more or better background checks so that people who already cannot buy guns still can't buy guns. They will also make strawman purchases more illegal, which I'm told will solve all problems.

On the other hand, I've also been told that strengthening background checks will result in criminals killing everyone because no one will be able to get guns anymore.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 22, 2013 4:10 pm

I think the solution here is simply dumping all our research money into immortality potions and cures. What does gun control, or guns even, matter if you can live forever?

I look forward to my future elixir.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed May 22, 2013 9:35 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:So, did y'all solve the gun control problem?

I think so. The plan is to have more or better background checks so that people who already cannot buy guns still can't buy guns. They will also make strawman purchases more illegal, which I'm told will solve all problems.

On the other hand, I've also been told that strengthening background checks will result in criminals killing everyone because no one will be able to get guns anymore.

You should add some exclamation points and a few UPPER CASE words---OH and a really, dumb analogy. I mean, a really stupid analogy--something about moats and barbarians. If these criteria are not met, your post will not convince most voting Americans.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lootifer on Wed May 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Lootifer wrote:You're not allowed to ask how old he is PS; judging him by anything other than his post is against the Ad Hom thread you signed :D

asking someone their age is judging them?

and what the hell is your deal with this gotchya crap? You realize you have to reach over the ad hominem machine in order to go on like that stretching out the most basic question in humanity (how old are you?) into a judgement/attack?

How can I respect that?

What possible revelance is his age unless you are going to make some judgement on it?
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Lootifer wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Lootifer wrote:You're not allowed to ask how old he is PS; judging him by anything other than his post is against the Ad Hom thread you signed :D

asking someone their age is judging them?

and what the hell is your deal with this gotchya crap? You realize you have to reach over the ad hominem machine in order to go on like that stretching out the most basic question in humanity (how old are you?) into a judgement/attack?

How can I respect that?

What possible revelance is his age unless you are going to make some judgement on it?

Plenty of reasons. Mine is I want to know who I am talking to, what kind of language to use, what kind of references to site, experience level/hit points.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Thu May 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Theyre all technically judgments (even if its simply oh he's 19, ima use all my tla based young-peeps-speak yooooo!).

But yes, certainly tongue-in-cheek, apologies for the distraction.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Lootifer wrote:Theyre all technically judgments (even if its simply oh he's 19, ima use all my tla based young-peeps-speak yooooo!).

But yes, certainly tongue-in-cheek, apologies for the distraction.

sall good. Just stop thinking the worst of everything I say!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sun May 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Lot of....interesting happenings on the Left Coast

54 Sheriffs (out of 61) on this civil rights law suit.

Nice shirt bro!

Across Seattle, reports alt-weekly The Stranger, posters are appearing linking gay rights and gun rights in ways that are just freaking out the usual control-freaky suspects. Some of the posters suggest that disliking guns is just like disliking homosexuality: a personal foible that ought not be turned into legislation. Other posters suggest that armed gays "aren't going to take shit from homophobes." It's clearly inconceivable that anybody could actually hold in his or her mind, simultaneously, a regard for the right of people to love who they want and respect for the right of self-defense, so it must be some horrible, trollish plot. At least, that's what The Stranger's Cienna Madrid suspects.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Image

The irony in your posting this is just overwhelming.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby codierose on Mon May 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Last edited by codierose on Tue May 28, 2013 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major codierose

Postby Phatscotty on Mon May 27, 2013 5:57 pm

codierose wrote:

not a public vid
Major Phatscotty

Postby codierose on Tue May 28, 2013 5:26 am

thanks should be now
Major codierose

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue May 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Image

The irony in your posting this is just overwhelming.

WOW
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Night Strike on Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 pm

A perfect example at how Tea Party principles transcend traditional parties:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05 ... gun-perks/
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:20 am

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:Let me ask you Juan. Let's say you are married, a burglar breaks into your home while your wife is there alone. She does not have time to get to the phone because the burglar sees her and comes after her. Now would you want her to have a gun to protect herself, or would you rather have the burglar have his way with her and possibly kill her?? Now let's say she had a gun and drew it on the burglar, and held him there until the police got there. Which way is better? Possibly end up with a raped and/or dead wife or the police arresting the burglar?? I think you would probably want to wife to be unharmed as would the majority of husbands.

It seems to me that your wife's gun should be stored in a gun safe. A gun safe will typically be more difficult to get into than a telephone.

How can you protect yourself if all your guns are locked away?

So you as a responsible gun owner are advocating that people should NOT keep their weapons in a locked gun safe?

I do not yet own a gun, but when I do, until I have kids, I don't have plans to have it locked away in a safe.

Here's what I think of that plan:
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/4-year-old-boy-accidentally-kills-dad-arizona
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:56 pm

The Democrats defending IRS abuses and illegal spying programs are the same ones who insist they would never abuse a gun registry database.

Rep. Steve Stockman
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
The Democrats defending IRS abuses and illegal spying programs are the same ones who insist they would never abuse a gun registry database.

Rep. Steve Stockman

What Democrats are defending the IRS abuses and illegal spying programs?

I mean, I've seen some Democrats who think the IRS thing is largely eyewash, but I haven't spoken with a single Democrat who isn't upset about the illegal spying program, and most of them have been well aware of it since before Obama was President.

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

Rep. Steve Stockman

--Andy

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:10 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Rep. Steve Stockman

--Andy

Leanord Nimoy is trying to get a part in the new Star Wars movie.

How does that make you feel?
Major Phatscotty

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Leanord Nimoy is trying to get a part in the new Star Wars movie.

How does that make you feel?

--Andy

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Spocks credibility is shot forever
Major Phatscotty

Postby TeeGee on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:54 am

Living in Australia, I have no real opinion on gun control in A-merry-car or any other country or vehicle.. But saw this online.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/toddlers-killed-more-americans-terrorists-did-year

seriously? Kids can get hold of guns??? or is it fiction?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:28 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Rep. Steve Stockman

What Democrats are defending the IRS abuses and illegal spying programs?

I mean, I've seen some Democrats who think the IRS thing is largely eyewash, but I haven't spoken with a single Democrat who isn't upset about the illegal spying program, and most of them have been well aware of it since before Obama was President.

Anything, Phatscotty?

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:19 pm

TeeGee wrote:Living in Australia, I have no real opinion on gun control in A-merry-car or any other country or vehicle.. But saw this online.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/toddlers-killed-more-americans-terrorists-did-year

seriously? Kids can get hold of guns??? or is it fiction?

less than 60 years ago, children used to bring their guns to school for show and tell. Children have had guns since guns were invented. Children have fed themselves and help feed their families with guns for centuries. My favorite thing to do at my grandpas when I was a child was shoot his guns. I would just tell him "we're going out shooting" and he would say "okay". Society and culture is screwed up and empty, it's not the guns.

Not sure where your shock is coming from.
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,