Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:48 pm

betiko wrote:So i guess the hound is totally dead.
What infection, what are you talking about strike?
How is the hound/arya storyline different in the books?

In the books, during the fight at the inn with the Hound and Arya vs. Polliver, the Tickler and two random guys, The hound had been wounded in the fight (This was the "Chicken" fight in the show). In the show, The Hound got bitten by Biter (One of the least sanitary things in the world by the way). In both cases, The Hound refused to use fire or boiling wine to treat his wounds and the wounds began to fester. In the books, The Hounds infection continued to spread until he was unable to walk. At which point he begged Arya to grant him death. Arya refused and walked away instead, just as she did in the show. It bugs me that the infection didn't kill him (though looking back he did appear weakened during Brienne's fight) partly because they had alluded to the bite in episode 8 like it was starting to become infected.

Some ways the story line changed from the book:

1. The Hound and Arya never ran into Rorge and Biter. Rorge was killed by Brienne and Biter was killed by someone else when he tried to retaliate for Brienne killing Rorge.
2. They never made it to the Bloody Gate. In fact, I don't think Arya ever learned that her aunt was killed.
3. Brienne and Pod never ran into Arya or the Hound
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 am

Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:54 am

Those poor people. They missed Tyrion's farewell.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:45 am

If you love mafia, and Love game of thrones Plz sign up!
need 1 more player

viewtopic.php?f=213&t=205178
Major StorrZerg

Postby DaGip on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:27 pm

I enjoyed watching Rob Stark's queen get stabbed in her little pregnant belly at the dinner table...did anyone else think that that was the best scene ever? =D>

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:47 pm

In it's own awful way, I still feel that the Red Wedding is the best scene in the show just for the awful shock and hatred it filled me with.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:59 am

strike wolf wrote:In it's own awful way, I still feel that the Red Wedding is the best scene in the show just for the awful shock and hatred it filled me with.

Yeah, I felt the same with the books. Pretty heart wrenching the way he described Robb getting impaled in the chest, and then mutilating both his and Grey Wind's bodies. I was fairly disgusted.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:01 am

Red Wedding just took all of the air out of me. I was rooting for Robb in the war of the five kings, so it was just an absolute punch in the face.

Yet it made me love the show more...
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Yeah, at that time Robb was for me the perfect victim and I was expecting him to get killed for the drama, probably in that season or in the next. But didn t expect to see him, his mother and his wife to get slaughtered all at once.

Bah I m going to stop talking about that show and stop thinking about it, too long to wait.
Major betiko

Postby DaGip on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Red Wedding just took all of the air out of me. I was rooting for Robb in the war of the five kings, so it was just an absolute punch in the face.

Can I marry you?
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:38 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
strike wolf wrote:In it's own awful way, I still feel that the Red Wedding is the best scene in the show just for the awful shock and hatred it filled me with.

Yeah, I felt the same with the books. Pretty heart wrenching the way he described Robb getting impaled in the chest, and then mutilating both his and Grey Wind's bodies. I was fairly disgusted.

-TG

True it was great in the books too. Though I saw it in the show first so that's what I remember. Actually, getting taunted by book readers who had already read it (Okay wasn't really taunting, it just felt like it) was the impetus to make me say "Okay I should read the books so they can't taunt me with future stuff". That and I was finally able to get access to them when my mom let me borrow her Kindle. Joffrey's death is my favorite moment in the books partly because it was the first big moment I saw in the books before the show. That and it showed it isn't just the major good guys who can die.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:41 pm

DaGip wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Red Wedding just took all of the air out of me. I was rooting for Robb in the war of the five kings, so it was just an absolute punch in the face.

Can I marry you?

Are you a hot girl?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
DaGip wrote:

Can I marry you?

Are you a hot girl?

He's Ugly Betty's uglier sister.. But you never know. His weight in silver may be offered as a wedding present.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:22 am

strike wolf wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
DaGip wrote:

Can I marry you?

Are you a hot girl?

He's Ugly Betty's uglier sister.. But you never know. His weight in silver may be offered as a wedding present.

Isn't ugly Betty a pretty girl pretending to be ugly? And so her "uglier" sister could very well be an even prettier girl trying to be super ugly. I'd say take your chances with DaGip AoG.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby waauw on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:07 pm

let the countdown begin :D

Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:36 pm

Wow! I had seen a 1 minute trailer this is much more complete!

Also, they just finished airing season 3 on tv tonight. Even if it s old stuff it was fun to watch season 3 again with the red wedding.

I ve started reading the book (book 4 directly) but i m advancing at a pretty slow pace.
Major betiko

Postby DaGip on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:54 pm

I vow not to jerk off until 4-12-15.
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby kizkiz on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:21 pm

betiko wrote:
I ve started reading the book (book 4 directly) but i m advancing at a pretty slow pace.

That's because A feast for Crows is by far the most boring book.
He manages to only include the boring characters, and it drags something rotten
Major kizkiz

Postby waauw on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:57 pm

kizkiz wrote:
betiko wrote:

That's because A feast for Crows is by far the most boring book.
He manages to only include the boring characters, and it drags something rotten

Yeah, honestly I don't even think you'd miss anything of importance if you just skipped that book and went straight for the good stuff(book 5 :twisted: )

book 4 is probably GRRM's biggest career failure. I've never seen a writer write 3 top notch books and then write such book 4 crap.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:13 pm

It s not fun at all for now. Too many unknown characters you don t really care about.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:21 pm

betiko wrote:It s not fun at all for now. Too many unknown characters you don t really care about.

exactly. Tyrion, Daeneris, John, Stannis, Arya, Davos. They all appear in book 5, not book 4.
Anyway, I wish you strength. Once you do reach book 5. It'll all be worth it :)
Lieutenant waauw

Postby kizkiz on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:21 am

Yup, it's crazy
He split one book into two as it was too long, but instead of doing half and half he runs them over the same time period, only covering certain characters in each book.
How he managed to put all the interesting people in one book and all the boring in another is amazing
The trouble is, you have to read it!
Major kizkiz

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:57 am

I'm not reading it. I've boycotted GRRM. There are plenty of other "dark fantasy" books out there that are as good or better than Song of Ice and Fire. I understand his frustration and anger with people concerned about him dying such that he can't finish the books; but that doesn't mean I have to keep purchasing his product. The way I've dealt with his snail's pace writing is to boycott him (the man tours the world like no one I've ever seen).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:28 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I'm not reading it. I've boycotted GRRM. There are plenty of other "dark fantasy" books out there that are as good or better than Song of Ice and Fire. I understand his frustration and anger with people concerned about him dying such that he can't finish the books; but that doesn't mean I have to keep purchasing his product. The way I've dealt with his snail's pace writing is to boycott him (the man tours the world like no one I've ever seen).

True, but annoyingly the writers I picked up to replace him are writing at a snail's pace too. Joe Abercombie is perhaps the only current fantasy writer I like. He builds disappointment into his stories.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby waauw on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I'm not reading it. I've boycotted GRRM. There are plenty of other "dark fantasy" books out there that are as good or better than Song of Ice and Fire. I understand his frustration and anger with people concerned about him dying such that he can't finish the books; but that doesn't mean I have to keep purchasing his product. The way I've dealt with his snail's pace writing is to boycott him (the man tours the world like no one I've ever seen).

True, but annoyingly the writers I picked up to replace him are writing at a snail's pace too. Joe Abercombie is perhaps the only current fantasy writer I like. He builds winto his stories.

You should try Brandon Sanderson. Great writer and he's got new books coming out every year.
plus, his world building is phenomenal.
Lieutenant waauw

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,