Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby spurgistan on Mon May 06, 2013 10:10 pm

oh shit spoiler sorry : (
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:Am I the only one who finds the Daenerys storyline to be way more poorly written then every other storyline?

Ever since the beggining of season 2 it's been pretty much a string of disappointments for me. In this last episode, for instance:

show

On the other hand, all the other storylines are excellent. Especially liked the stuff beyond the wall. Didn't see it coming but it makes sense in retrospect.

I always thought that while reading the books. I've a feeling that, unless Martin totally flips and, like, kills her off or something, she'll pretty much conquer all of Westeros in the end. It seems kinda obvious with what you pointed out. She 1) has dragons, 2) has righteousness (kills the slavers, spares the women from rape, etc.), and 3) has a badass army now. It seems like Martin is really grooming this character to conquer the anarchy of Westeros, which is what the first Targaryens did.

-TG

show
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 06, 2013 11:33 pm

show
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:Am I the only one who finds the Daenerys storyline to be way more poorly written then every other storyline?

Ever since the beggining of season 2 it's been pretty much a string of disappointments for me. In this last episode, for instance:

show

On the other hand, all the other storylines are excellent. Especially liked the stuff beyond the wall. Didn't see it coming but it makes sense in retrospect.

I always thought that while reading the books. I've a feeling that, unless Martin totally flips and, like, kills her off or something, she'll pretty much conquer all of Westeros in the end. It seems kinda obvious with what you pointed out. She 1) has dragons, 2) has righteousness (kills the slavers, spares the women from rape, etc.), and 3) has a badass army now. It seems like Martin is really grooming this character to conquer the anarchy of Westeros, which is what the first Targaryens did.

-TG

show

show
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Gillipig on Tue May 07, 2013 3:00 am

Quite a lot of diversion from the book in the sixth episode. Most of the plot was seriously altered with. I don't mind that though, I read the books to get the real story, I consider the tv series is an "alternative song of ice and fire universe" so I don't mind when it does something different. I was disappointed to see that they cut out the part where Tywin and Cersei got intimate though. It was one of those scenes I really looked forward to seeing on the screen, but I suppose they decided they didn't want their relationship to go in that direction. FIne but, meh, I wanted to see that.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby kizkiz on Tue May 07, 2013 4:15 am

Gillipig wrote:. I was disappointed to see that they cut out the part where Tywin and Cersei got intimate though. .

Don't you mean jaime?
Major kizkiz

Postby betiko on Tue May 07, 2013 4:53 am

Gillipig wrote:Quite a lot of diversion from the book in the sixth episode. Most of the plot was seriously altered with. I don't mind that though, I read the books to get the real story, I consider the tv series is an "alternative song of ice and fire universe" so I don't mind when it does something different. I was disappointed to see that they cut out the part where Tywin and Cersei got intimate though. It was one of those scenes I really looked forward to seeing on the screen, but I suppose they decided they didn't want their relationship to go in that direction. FIne but, meh, I wanted to see that.

so that should ve happened at this point? well if it only happens in the book i wouldn't mind to hear you tell us in which conditions. she proposes her father to have sex with her so that she doesn't mary loras or something?
Major betiko

Postby thegreekdog on Tue May 07, 2013 9:11 am

So who do people think will end up being the monarch in charge at the end?

I'm going with Baelish.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby betiko on Tue May 07, 2013 11:16 am

thegreekdog wrote:So who do people think will end up being the monarch in charge at the end?

I'm going with Baelish.

I ll go for varyn then! :) but won t they be too old by the end of book 7?

Other than this, it felt at the beginning of the story that Brann was kind of the main character for the future...

But I don t know, seems like the Starks have never been interested in the iron throne, don t think it will be a stark (maybe the queen will though, Arya?.. At the end of the season one I though Gundry and Arya could end up ruling)

Daeneris, I don t know, she s gonna get screwed, even if she s pure & smart.

I think Jon snow s girlfriend will die sooner or later, Jon is just meant to be miserable. No throne for him.

Robb is a character that smells like dead meat since season 1. Don t know how, but his story is too linear, he is too perfect. He will be a great character to moarn once he dies, like Ned.

By the way, about the wolves..so duchess (Sansa's) is the only one dead right? I don t know, kind of feels like Brann and Jon's are the only ones important. For example, where is rickion s? Why Brann has his and not rickion at the moment?
Major betiko

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 07, 2013 11:28 am

betiko wrote:by the way, about the wolves..so duchess (Sansa's) is the only one dead right? I don t know, kind of feels like Brann and Jon's are the only ones important. For example, where is rickion s? Why Brann has his and not rickion at the moment?

They both have their wolves. The show has shown both of them fairly recently. And yes, only Sansa's is dead.

Also, my vote is Jon Snow.
Major Bones2484

Postby betiko on Tue May 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
betiko wrote:by the way, about the wolves..so duchess (Sansa's) is the only one dead right? I don t know, kind of feels like Brann and Jon's are the only ones important. For example, where is rickion s? Why Brann has his and not rickion at the moment?

They both have their wolves. The show has shown both of them fairly recently. And yes, only Sansa's is dead.

I have only seen Summer the whole time. Are you sure you've seen rickion's???? (well who has seen rickion himself, still a completely useless character so far)

also i just googled about the wolves and found this (only season 1 spoilers so no prob)

http://hbowatch.com/game-of-thrones-gui ... irewolves/

it's possible that robb's is around him even if we don't see it. but arya's?? it just escaped ad no one knows where it is? I guess it will just come back.
and ghost: he's with the night's watch right? maybe even with sam? can't remember seeing him with sam and the young mother by the fire... When they all get their pups when season 1 starts it looks like thse wolves would have a bigger role.
Major betiko

Postby kizkiz on Tue May 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Book wise, brand and rickon have theirs with them.
Jon has ghost with him at the wall
Nymeria is running around the woods, still alive and well
As above, only Lady is dead
Major kizkiz

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue May 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
show

show
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue May 07, 2013 12:54 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

show

-TG

show

show

show
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue May 07, 2013 12:56 pm

thegreekdog wrote:So who do people think will end up being the monarch in charge at the end?

I'm going with Baelish.

I'm thinking Baelish will die. His overconfidence will be the end of him.

Arya will get the throne.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue May 07, 2013 1:36 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

show

-TG

show

show

show

show
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 07, 2013 2:44 pm

betiko wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

I have only seen Summer the whole time. Are you sure you've seen rickion's???? (well who has seen rickion himself, still a completely useless character so far)

also i just googled about the wolves and found this (only season 1 spoilers so no prob)

http://hbowatch.com/game-of-thrones-gui ... irewolves/

it's possible that robb's is around him even if we don't see it. but arya's?? it just escaped ad no one knows where it is? I guess it will just come back.
and ghost: he's with the night's watch right? maybe even with sam? can't remember seeing him with sam and the young mother by the fire... When they all get their pups when season 1 starts it looks like thse wolves would have a bigger role.

We've seen Robb's wolf a few times. It was used to threaten Jaime last season, and if you watch the scene where Robb cuts off Karstark's head you can see Grey Wolf in the background.

We've also seen Ghost many times. Last we saw, he was with the Night's Watch on the march back south. Didn't he save Sam from that white walker?

Nymeria (Arya's) is released in order to save it from death in the first few episodes. In the book, there are various characters who tell stories of a "giant wolf who leads a pack of 100 wolves that terrorizes the Trident", but it hasn't been mentioned at all in the series.

As for Shaggydog... I thought we had seen both him and Summer in at least one season as they march towards the wall. I thought I remember some sort of scene where Rickon runs off and the wolves chase after him or something.
Major Bones2484

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Hotpie
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby betiko on Tue May 07, 2013 5:28 pm

looks like BBS sees arya as one of the best (if not the best) options like me (with gundry too?)

yeah bones, i also remember the finger cutting with grey wolf...
ghost is the one we see the most along with summer definitely; I kind of remember him with the night's watch when they were heading towards craster's house. I don't remember seeing him since the rebelion.
So nymeria would have a full pack of wolves? arya will be even more badass when those join her! (well if they do but i guess they will)
didn't realize shaggydog was very dark, now i will know how to diferenciate them. grey wolf and summer look pretty much alike though.
Major betiko

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 07, 2013 5:48 pm

I love Arya and she is one of my favorite characters in the books (and show)... but you guys really see the violent little girl who has a list of people she wants to kill that she names every night before bed, who gave an assassin three names to kill for her, who has killed someone herself, who told Beric that she only believes in "death", regularly rushes people with a sword or knife before being held back... this is the girl who you think is the best option to rule the Seven Kingdoms???

Scary! Her temper rivals Joffrey's. Granted, it's directed better... but still!

She'd be better In Varys' or Ilyn Payne's roles...
Major Bones2484

Postby Gillipig on Wed May 08, 2013 1:44 am

Is anyone else annoyed by Margaery? I can't decide who I dislike more, her or Cersei.

I don't find Sansa annoying anymore, I did in the first couple of books but now I'm more annoyed with Arya and the things she does because of her tomboy personality. I don't want to spoil anything from the books so I'll just say that I think Arya becomes more annoying and Sansa becomes less annoying.
And no way Arya will ever sit the Iron Throne!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 am

I like Arya a lot! She s got violence issues but she ain't evil. Sansa is just a too polite funbag. I ll see later, but that s what I think now.

I would love to see tyrion rule!
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Wed May 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Okay so to the inevitable, if all the character's in Game of Thrones would have to be played by a cc user, who would be who?

I nominate GLG as King Joffrey. The similarities are striking, he is an evil bitchy boy who lacks common sense and decency and everyone despises him, even his mother. (I just assume the last one is true for GLG as well)
No Robert comes to mind.
Cersei, who here is plotful, mistrusting and slightly mad? Ah, Symmetry, you are our Cersei!
Tyrion, damn, hard to see who here could fill his shoes. I can't for the life of me find one.
Jamie.........need help with this one
Tywin? We don't have many old people here and no one is like Tywin.
Ned, who here is loyal to a fault? Well Andy is but he's not at all like Ned Stark.....This is turning out to be harder than I thought. I need help from you guys to fill these roles.
Robb.........do we have any heroes here? No, didn't think so.
I could see Andy as Arya, though she's a bit more feisty I think they're made of the same stuff.
Sansa, a pretty doe eyed lady, nope, we don't have any of those here on CC. So AoG will have to suffice!
Sandor Clegane (the hound), Evil semp strikes me as a mad dog at times, although I suspect there are others who could get this part.
John Snow, who knows nothing here? The obvious answer would be Funky Terrance, but I'm not sure John Snow knew that little.
Daenerys, I imagine the crossdresser blondiebetty or whatever his name is would like this role, so in absence of any other contenders the role goes by forfeit too.....Violet! I changed my mind, Violet would make a much better Daenerys.
Little Finger, oh boy, here is where I think there are the most candidates. Deep down he's a coward and a weakling, but he's slick and ambitious. Traits that are more common than strong and brave. I'm just gonna leave this spot open for now.
Varys, ah BBS! A slippery type who you never can seem to get a hold off, but all you want to do is corner him and slit his throat.
Theon, maybe it's just because he's being tortured so often and I enjoy the thought of this person being placed in his stead, but I would like to see owenshooter in this role.
Saxi would make an excellent grandmaester Pycelle, he's old, crooked and false.
I would make a good Bronn. Like Bronn I'm not someone who adapts to others will, I don't have much honor and I have a queer facination with dwarfs.
Davos "the onion knight", two words, Victor Sullivan. BAM! That one was a perfect fit!

Joffrey = GLG
Robert = ?
Cersei = Symmetry
Tyrion = ?
Jamie = ?
Tywin = ?
Ned = ?
Robb = ?
Arya = Andy
Sansa = AoG
Sandor Clegane (the hound) = Evil semp
John Snow = ?
Daenerys = Violet
Little Finger = ?
Varys = BBS
Theon Greyjoy = owenshooter
Pycelle (the old grandmaester in kings landing) = Saxi
Khal Drogo = ?
Bronn = Gillipig
Davos Seaworth (the onion knight) = Victor Sullivan
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 08, 2013 2:22 pm

You just want to see my tits, admit it.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 09, 2013 12:33 am

I'm going with Jon Snow for king too. He has an air of nobility like Robb does but with the unfortunate circumstances that breed a quality leader character for books/shows. Watch him turn out to be a dragon like Daenerys.

Oh and no I don't think Arya will have the throne. Right now she seems to be on the path to becoming an assassin. That path doesn't really often coincide with a ruler. I don't know if anything will happen to make her change from that path.

Baelish definitely won't have the throne and even if he does gain it at some point, he won't keep it. The show sets him up as an antagonistic character and for that reason, he can't have the throne.

Oh and I like Margaery, she really doesn't care who hears her talk.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,