Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Jesus, what a depressing episode. They weren't kidding when they said all of my favorite characters would die. f*ck me running.
Major tkr4lf

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:45 am

wow.... Ive been expecting since ages to see robb killed... but robb, his wife, cathlyn, balck fish, edmur (?) all at once...
God the starks are weak now! I guess bolton will take over winterfeld now. Oh and lord frey... what you did wasn't very wise. You are soo going to get hammered! A bit of an over reaction from him maybe! lol
You saw that comming when in season 1 they make that oath and robb marries that girl in season 2. You're like, ok, they present the freys basically only for that oath and the oath is broken a few episodes later, something will happen there... And then when edmur "replaces" robb, you're like wow, this is going a bit too smoothly... But I would never have expected something that dramatic!

So basically we have a young cripple, a 6 year old, a bastard with a face eaten by a hawk, a 14 year old married to a midget, and a 12 year old maniac assassin. Way to go starks! lol. But I don't expect any of these characters to die any time soon now. Time for a few lannisters to die...

In the trailer you see theon's sister, wonder what will happen with the greyjoys, I really don't see where they are standing....

On daenerys side, everything seems to go way too smoothly on this season 3... She gets nothing but new powerfull allies and great victories. Something bad has to happen... probably treason somewhere!

What will happen to igritt? She can't forgive jon... that will be a hell of a relationship for the near future!
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:48 am

Bones2484 wrote:It kind of bothered me that they had Robb's wife at the Red Wedding in the show.

where is she in the book?I guess she still dies somewhere around the ceremony right? By the way, I suspect her family to be very powerfull back in volantis.... and to come with a vengeance.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:06 am

betiko wrote:wow.... Ive been expecting since ages to see robb killed... but robb, his wife, cathlyn, balck fish, edmur (?) all at once...
God the starks are weak now! I guess bolton will take over winterfeld now. Oh and lord frey... what you did wasn't very wise. You are soo going to get hammered! A bit of an over reaction from him maybe! lol
You saw that comming when in season 1 they make that oath and robb marries that girl in season 2. You're like, ok, they present the freys basically only for that oath and the oath is broken a few episodes later, something will happen there... And then when edmur "replaces" robb, you're like wow, this is going a bit too smoothly... But I would never have expected something that dramatic!

So basically we have a young cripple, a 6 year old, a bastard with a face eaten by a hawk, a 14 year old married to a midget, and a 12 year old maniac assassin. Way to go starks! lol. But I don't expect any of these characters to die any time soon now. Time for a few lannisters to die...

In the trailer you see theon's sister, wonder what will happen with the greyjoys, I really don't see where they are standing....

On daenerys side, everything seems to go way too smoothly on this season 3... She gets nothing but new powerfull allies and great victories. Something bad has to happen... probably treason somewhere!

What will happen to igritt? She can't forgive jon... that will be a hell of a relationship for the near future!

Bolton take over winterfell? You're forgetting Tyrion married Sanza
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:32 am

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:wow.... Ive been expecting since ages to see robb killed... but robb, his wife, cathlyn, balck fish, edmur (?) all at once...

yeah but given how "powerful" tyrion is at the moment... i doubt tywin will give him winterfell.. but hope you're right! Bolton has been doing everything to be usefull for the lannisters, bringing jaimie back, plotting against the "rebel king of the north"... house tully is basically gone now (unless edmur survived and was somehow part of this whole plan???)
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 am

betiko wrote:
waauw wrote:

yeah but given how "powerful" tyrion is at the moment... i doubt tywin will give him winterfell.. but hope you're right! Bolton has been doing everything to be usefull for the lannisters, bringing jaimie back, plotting against the "rebel king of the north"... house tully is basically gone now (unless edmur survived and was somehow part of this whole plan???)

I don't think Ser Frey wants to give up his family wedding into a more prestigious family. Lord Frey only thinks about himself. My guess is Edmur will be forced to give in to the Lannisters but will survive.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby kizkiz on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:13 am

betiko wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:It kind of bothered me that they had Robb's wife at the Red Wedding in the show.

where is she in the book?I guess she still dies somewhere around the ceremony right? By the way, I suspect her family to be very powerfull back in volantis.... and to come with a vengeance.

She stays at riverrun and her family live.
God knows why they kill her at the wedding.
Major kizkiz

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:09 am

kizkiz wrote:
betiko wrote:

seriously? in the book she survives with her baby? I guess Martin must ve told the scenarists that she will die in the next books if she isn't dead in book 5.. that would give a little hope to know that a little eddard stark is comming up...but no! lol, what a bunch of assholes!
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:12 am

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:
waauw wrote:

I don't think Ser Frey wants to give up his family wedding into a more prestigious family. Lord Frey only thinks about himself. My guess is Edmur will be forced to give in to the Lannisters but will survive.

so you think edmur will still be out there? seems fair enough, I don't trust him and jrr Martin needs to make the tully survive somehow (even if there is still cathlyn's sister out there that will marry baelish). I guess Edmur has little character and will play the personal card if he's still there...
Major betiko

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:45 am

betiko wrote:
kizkiz wrote:
betiko wrote:

seriously? in the book she survives with her baby? I guess Martin must ve told the scenarists that she will die in the next books if she isn't dead in book 5.. that would give a little hope to know that a little eddard stark is comming up...but no! lol, what a bunch of assholes!

In the books she isn't pregnant. Her mom was secretly giving her "contraceptive tea" (her family is loyal to the Lannisters). So when she doesn't die since she's at Riverrun, it kinda is unimportant.

Also, the Blackfish did not die last night. He got up to pee before all the problems started. The assumption I always make in shows like this is unless you see someone die, they aren't really dead.
Major Bones2484

Postby kizkiz on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:03 am

Just read wiki
Apparently she is talisa of volantis in the tv series rather than jayne westerling.
Tbh, she is nothing more than a plot device to bring about the red wedding, so doesn't make much difference
did they show Robs body with grey winds head sewn on it?
Major kizkiz

Postby ooge on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:43 am

Well that certainly was a kick in the but,after the first season and what happened to Ned Stark,I was wondering if this was going to be a series were only the honorable suffer.I had told myself if they killed the dwarf,I was going to throw in the towel on this series.There are story lines in this I find uninteresting,The girl with the dragons for example.The dwarfs character I probably like the most,so if they had killed him I would have lost interest.
Captain ooge

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:52 pm

the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby nagerous on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:10 pm

That was messed up...
Captain nagerous

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm

I've got to say that the TV series has done a better job on selling Tywin as a threat than in the books.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby kizkiz on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm loving all these people just realising how fucked up the books get :lol:
Was that the end of season 3 btw?
Major kizkiz

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:21 pm

kizkiz wrote:I'm loving all these people just realising how fucked up the books get :lol:
Was that the end of season 3 btw?

1 more ep.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby ooge on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Symmetry wrote:I've got to say that the TV series has done a better job on selling Tywin as a threat than in the books.

I realize it is insulting but I just cant follow all those names.
Captain ooge

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:06 pm

ooge wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I've got to say that the TV series has done a better job on selling Tywin as a threat than in the books.

that's Tywin.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby ooge on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Symmetry wrote:
ooge wrote:

that's Tywin.

Great choice for an actor,everyone is intimidated by him.
Captain ooge

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Really? I agree until Tywin strolled into King's Landing and got the position of the Hand. Immediately afterward he was explicitly planning the moves.

What is great about the series is seeing Tywin verbally dominate his family members. Seeing the body language underscores that threat, which a book obviously can't convey as effectively.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:24 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:

Really? I agree until Tywin strolled into King's Landing and got the position of the Hand. Immediately afterward he was explicitly planning the moves.

What is great about the series is seeing Tywin verbally dominate his family members. Seeing the body language underscores that threat, which a book obviously can't convey as effectively.

So you agree?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby ooge on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Captain ooge

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:12 am

Once the bedding scene happened I totally knew it was coming for some reason.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 am

Bones2484 wrote:
betiko wrote:
kizkiz wrote:
betiko wrote:

In the books she isn't pregnant. Her mom was secretly giving her "contraceptive tea" (her family is loyal to the Lannisters). So when she doesn't die since she's at Riverrun, it kinda is unimportant.

Also, the Blackfish did not die last night. He got up to pee before all the problems started. The assumption I always make in shows like this is unless you see someone die, they aren't really dead.

hummm..... I hope he just went to pee and that he didn't do it on purpose. Oh my god, don't tell me the tullys could be such assholes!!! So you imply that edmur isn't dead either?
Really, if the tullys are part of this.........
Also, speaking of which... I've been wondering something since season 1: is arya's swordmaster dead??? you don't see him die, arya leaves him when he's fighting a few soldiers with a wooden sword, but then he's such a badass that he might have gotten away with it...
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,