Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby betiko on Fri May 17, 2013 3:58 pm

so you agree that for the people just watching the show the whole harrenhall situation isn't explained clearly? bolton and his men just happen to be in harrenhall, we don't even know why.

didn't realize that petyr baelish aka littlefinger is just going like that to eyrie, uninvited, unanounced and simply to marry the queen of the castle! :lol:
Also it was his idea and not tywin's?? I thought that baelish was kind of holding to the idea of marrying Sansa until tywin told him he would marry lady arryn.. (so many "y"s in all those names gosh) all these stuff aren't really shown in the show.
General betiko

Medals: 163
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (31) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Postby kizkiz on Fri May 17, 2013 4:06 pm

betiko wrote:so you agree that for the people just watching the show the whole harrenhall situation isn't explained clearly? bolton and his men just happen to be in harrenhall, we don't even know why.

didn't realize that petyr baelish aka littlefinger is just going like that to eyrie, uninvited, unanounced and simply to marry the queen of the castle! :lol:
Also it was his idea and not tywin's?? I thought that baelish was kind of holding to the idea of marrying Sansa until tywin told him he would marry lady arryn.. (so many "y"s in all those names gosh) all these stuff aren't really shown in the show.

Even in the book he simply disappears off to marry lysa without any kind of contact. Twas all his own idea.
Harrenahll was as i said. Treachery by the mummers to let Bolton in and take it from Tywins men
Major kizkiz

Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)
Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Bones2484 on Fri May 17, 2013 5:33 pm

betiko wrote:so you agree that for the people just watching the show the whole harrenhall situation isn't explained clearly? bolton and his men just happen to be in harrenhall, we don't even know why.

Well... it was explained, just might not have seen the relevance of it. We did see Tywin leave and we did see Robb and his men enter a short time later.

If you remember, Robb and company traveled to Harrenhall expecting a fight at the beginning of this season. When they got there they just found it empty with a bunch of Northeners dead (and Maester Qyburn barely alive). Robb then left Bolton in charge and went back to Riverrun. The show never explained the Bloody Mummers and where they came from, they just "appeared" in an episode where they captured Brienne/Jaime and brought them back to Harrenhall.

But as Kizkiz said, in the books it happens differently.
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby Bones2484 on Sun May 19, 2013 10:31 pm

That was a great episode.

Hooray Sam the Slayer lives!
Major Bones2484

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby betiko on Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 am

Bones2484 wrote:That was a great episode.

sam that fat bastard idiot. is it me or did he not pick up the magic dagger after stabbing that white walker? and wasn't it the white walker leader?

interesting character that daenerys has encountered. he isn't from braavos rght, it's another of the captains that he killed that was from braavos? also when the lord of yunkai had powerfull allies was he refering to them or to some other kingdoms?
General betiko

Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (31) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Postby Symmetry on Mon May 20, 2013 8:34 am

betiko wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:That was a great episode.

sam that fat bastard idiot. is it me or did he not pick up the magic dagger after stabbing that white walker? and wasn't it the white walker leader?

interesting character that daenerys has encountered. he isn't from braavos rght, it's another of the captains that he killed that was from braavos? also when the lord of yunkai had powerfull allies was he refering to them or to some other kingdoms?

I thought he left it too.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby Bones2484 on Mon May 20, 2013 9:48 am

betiko wrote:also when the lord of yunkai had powerfull allies was he refering to them or to some other kingdoms?

He was referring to them.
Major Bones2484

Postby betiko on Tue May 21, 2013 5:35 am

i've heard a friend telling me that he wonders how the hell are they going to make the entire finish of the book 3 in those last 2 episodes, and that basically after 8 episodes we're halfway through the book. The more I think about it, the more I feel like buying the books and start reading them.. If I do should I start back from AGOT, or should I guy directly, the book 4?
General betiko

Postby kizkiz on Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 am

Start from the first book
Major kizkiz

Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)
Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Symmetry on Tue May 21, 2013 10:51 am

betiko wrote:i've heard a friend telling me that he wonders how the hell are they going to make the entire finish of the book 3 in those last 2 episodes, and that basically after 8 episodes we're halfway through the book. The more I think about it, the more I feel like buying the books and start reading them.. If I do should I start back from AGOT, or should I guy directly, the book 4?

This season is only supposed to cover the first half of book 3 (give or take). Also, what kizkiz said.

Postby Donelladan on Tue May 21, 2013 11:09 am

I read all the 5 books. And Betiko, you have to read them. They are really good.
The 1st one you could skip, it is better you read it, but it is really close to the series and will be rather boring ( was the case for me, I watched seaon 1 and 2 then I bought the books).
But you will still learn some small things if you read book 1 so it is not useless.

I just read the whole topic today. Sorry to get back but I wanna reply you about Daenerys part and the slavers.
The slavers have been selling slaves armies since centuries before Daenerys arrives. They think nobody will ever destroy them because it has always been like that. It is exactly like if you are selling guns, you dont expect the guys you sold the guns to kill you to get the money back ( which is exactly what Daenerys did because she wanted her dragon back ^^ ).
Totally OK to me.
Brigadier Donelladan

Medals: 96
Monthly Leader Silver (2) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (14) Challenge Achievement (4)

Postby Symmetry on Tue May 21, 2013 12:35 pm

donelladan wrote:I read all the 5 books. And Betiko, you have to read them. They are really good.
The 1st one you could skip, it is better you read it, but it is really close to the series and will be rather boring ( was the case for me, I watched seaon 1 and 2 then I bought the books).
But you will still learn some small things if you read book 1 so it is not useless.

I just read the whole topic today. Sorry to get back but I wanna reply you about Daenerys part and the slavers.
The slavers have been selling slaves armies since centuries before Daenerys arrives. They think nobody will ever destroy them because it has always been like that. It is exactly like if you are selling guns, you dont expect the guys you sold the guns to kill you to get the money back ( which is exactly what Daenerys did because she wanted her dragon back ^^ ).
Totally OK to me.

No, it was dumb. It's part of the story in order to advance the plot.

Postby ooge on Tue May 21, 2013 6:44 pm

I keep waiting for something big to happen this season,I hope I am not disappointed.
Major ooge

Medals: 103
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (10)

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 21, 2013 6:50 pm

ooge wrote:I keep waiting for something big to happen this season,I hope I am not disappointed.

Ep 9 will not be a disappointment for you, then. In my opinion it was the biggest "wow" moment in all five books, just ahead of Ned's death.
Major Bones2484

Postby ooge on Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
ooge wrote:I keep waiting for something big to happen this season,I hope I am not disappointed.

Ep 9 will not be a disappointment for you, then. In my opinion it was the biggest "wow" moment in all five books, just ahead of Ned's death.

Well dont give it away,I have heard that there is a "wow" moment and so far I have not tried to look it up to see what it is,I think Ned's moment occurred in episode 8,that is why I was beginning to wonder with this season.
Major ooge

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (10)

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 21, 2013 7:09 pm

ooge wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

Well dont give it away,I have heard that there is a "wow" moment and so far I have not tried to look it up to see what it is,I think Ned's moment occurred in episode 8,that is why I was beginning to wonder with this season.

If I was going to give away a spoiler I would have already. Don't worry!
Major Bones2484

Postby ooge on Tue May 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
ooge wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

If I was going to give away a spoiler I would have already. Don't worry!

thanks.
Major ooge

Postby betiko on Tue May 21, 2013 7:19 pm

My guess is tywin or Joffrey gets murdered by another lanister or something. Can t wait for Jaimie to get back. The big thing will be in house lanister, I m pretty convinced (this isn't a spoiler it s just my theory) also is there one week break this time?
General betiko

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 21, 2013 7:21 pm

betiko wrote:My guess is tywin or Joffrey gets murdered by another lanister or something. Can t wait for Jaimie to get back. The big thing will be in house lanister, I m pretty convinced (this isn't a spoiler it s just my theory) also is there one week break this time?

Yes. No episode this weekend.
Major Bones2484

Postby Bones2484 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm

It kind of bothered me that they had Robb's wife at the Red Wedding in the show.
Major Bones2484

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Jesus, what a depressing episode. They weren't kidding when they said all of my favorite characters would die. f*ck me running.
Major tkr4lf

Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (14)

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:45 am

wow.... Ive been expecting since ages to see robb killed... but robb, his wife, cathlyn, balck fish, edmur (?) all at once...
God the starks are weak now! I guess bolton will take over winterfeld now. Oh and lord frey... what you did wasn't very wise. You are soo going to get hammered! A bit of an over reaction from him maybe! lol
You saw that comming when in season 1 they make that oath and robb marries that girl in season 2. You're like, ok, they present the freys basically only for that oath and the oath is broken a few episodes later, something will happen there... And then when edmur "replaces" robb, you're like wow, this is going a bit too smoothly... But I would never have expected something that dramatic!

So basically we have a young cripple, a 6 year old, a bastard with a face eaten by a hawk, a 14 year old married to a midget, and a 12 year old maniac assassin. Way to go starks! lol. But I don't expect any of these characters to die any time soon now. Time for a few lannisters to die...

In the trailer you see theon's sister, wonder what will happen with the greyjoys, I really don't see where they are standing....

On daenerys side, everything seems to go way too smoothly on this season 3... She gets nothing but new powerfull allies and great victories. Something bad has to happen... probably treason somewhere!

What will happen to igritt? She can't forgive jon... that will be a hell of a relationship for the near future!
General betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:48 am

Bones2484 wrote:It kind of bothered me that they had Robb's wife at the Red Wedding in the show.

where is she in the book?I guess she still dies somewhere around the ceremony right? By the way, I suspect her family to be very powerfull back in volantis.... and to come with a vengeance.
General betiko

Postby waauw on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:06 am

betiko wrote:wow.... Ive been expecting since ages to see robb killed... but robb, his wife, cathlyn, balck fish, edmur (?) all at once...
God the starks are weak now! I guess bolton will take over winterfeld now. Oh and lord frey... what you did wasn't very wise. You are soo going to get hammered! A bit of an over reaction from him maybe! lol
You saw that comming when in season 1 they make that oath and robb marries that girl in season 2. You're like, ok, they present the freys basically only for that oath and the oath is broken a few episodes later, something will happen there... And then when edmur "replaces" robb, you're like wow, this is going a bit too smoothly... But I would never have expected something that dramatic!

So basically we have a young cripple, a 6 year old, a bastard with a face eaten by a hawk, a 14 year old married to a midget, and a 12 year old maniac assassin. Way to go starks! lol. But I don't expect any of these characters to die any time soon now. Time for a few lannisters to die...

In the trailer you see theon's sister, wonder what will happen with the greyjoys, I really don't see where they are standing....

On daenerys side, everything seems to go way too smoothly on this season 3... She gets nothing but new powerfull allies and great victories. Something bad has to happen... probably treason somewhere!

What will happen to igritt? She can't forgive jon... that will be a hell of a relationship for the near future!

Bolton take over winterfell? You're forgetting Tyrion married Sanza

George Santayana: Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
Cook waauw

Location: Physically in Belgium, mentally lost in his fantasy world
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:32 am

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:wow.... Ive been expecting since ages to see robb killed... but robb, his wife, cathlyn, balck fish, edmur (?) all at once...

Bolton take over winterfell? You're forgetting Tyrion married Sanza

yeah but given how "powerful" tyrion is at the moment... i doubt tywin will give him winterfell.. but hope you're right! Bolton has been doing everything to be usefull for the lannisters, bringing jaimie back, plotting against the "rebel king of the north"... house tully is basically gone now (unless edmur survived and was somehow part of this whole plan???)
General betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five