Whose Responsibility are Children?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Who's Responsibility are Children?

Postby Lootifer on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:PS nice to see you back Woodruff.

Thanks, but I suspect it's not going to last long. I can only tolerate indiscriminate intolerance for so long, and that level is getting lower and lower the older I get.

Do what I do and channel ur rage into trolling, rather than outright abuse. Whenever PS really riles me up I just go down tangent alley in the troll forest. Probably still bannable, but most people round here are pretty hesitant to click the ole report button.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:17 am

Strolling subtly through Troll Forest leaves few tracks.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby john9blue on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:24 am

Woodruff wrote:

Thanks, but I suspect it's not going to last long. I can only tolerate indiscriminate intolerance for so long, and that level is getting lower and lower the older I get.

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, amirite?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:37 am

john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Ah yes, Mr Moderate...as soon as you can point my indiscriminate intolerance, then we'll be good to continue the conversation.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby john9blue on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:33 am

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Ah yes, Mr Moderate...as soon as you can point my indiscriminate intolerance, then we'll be good to continue the conversation.

you just said that you were unable to tolerate indiscriminate intolerance, making you intolerant. that's the irony of your post.
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:58 pm

john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

you just said that you were unable to tolerate indiscriminate intolerance, making you intolerant. that's the irony of your post.

Actually, I said I could tolerate it...but only for so long before I had to remove myself from the situation, which I would suggest is absolutely a form of tolerance. Nice try, but you've failed spectacularly.

It's good to know you're still an idiot.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby john9blue on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:you just said that you were unable to tolerate indiscriminate intolerance, making you intolerant. that's the irony of your post.

Actually, I said I could tolerate it...but only for so long before I had to remove myself from the situation, which I would suggest is absolutely a form of tolerance. Nice try, but you've failed spectacularly.

so removing yourself puts you in a quantum state between tolerance and intolerance... wat?

you either tolerate something or you don't. there's no third option lol
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:30 pm

john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:you just said that you were unable to tolerate indiscriminate intolerance, making you intolerant. that's the irony of your post.

so removing yourself puts you in a quantum state between tolerance and intolerance... wat?

you either tolerate something or you don't. there's no third option lol

You used to have a better grasp of logic. What has happened to you? Perhaps your desire to argue with me has tainted your ability to think clearly?

If I do nothing to try to stop something from happening, I am tolerating its existence. It is simply easier for me to tolerate if I am no longer being subjected to that situation, so I remove myself from that situation. Intolerance is actively trying to get that situation to stop by some action.

You're trying too hard, John.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:50 pm

I've wasted my time on worse arguments. Carry on, gentlemen.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Lootifer on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:58 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:I've wasted my time on worse arguments. Carry on, gentlemen.

Gentlemen ios overstating a bit, but yes, i concur ole chap, what what.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:34 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:I've wasted my time on worse arguments. Carry on, gentlemen.

With some people, wasting time is the goal...
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Lootifer wrote:

Gentlemen ios overstating a bit, but yes, i concur ole chap, what what.

JOHN BLUE IS TOO A GENTLEMAN! He and I are both survivors. I understand what he goes through and he handles it like a gentleman!
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Postby 2dimes on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

Disagree, some conversations might become less productive than others here. I don't think they are a waste of time.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:29 pm

2dimes wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Disagree, some conversations might become less productive than others here. I don't think they are a waste of time.

I agree. But for some people, wasting time is their goal
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby 2dimes on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Only in the same way buying beer is eating money. After all you can get water out of the faucet for much less.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby john9blue on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 pm

is this thread now about time-wasting arguments we've had with woody?

i'm not sure if i can convince him that "i can only tolerate it for so long before i tolerate it" is an idiotic thing to say.

i won't get my hopes up though...
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 pm

john9blue wrote:i'm not sure if i can convince him that "i can only tolerate it for so long before i tolerate it" is an idiotic thing to say.

I wouldn't expect you to understand what the concept of tolerance means, John, but you're still trying way too hard. Not that I particularly mind you continuing to embarrass yourself, but I would think that you'd mind it.

Postby john9blue on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:47 pm

would it be accurate to say that i'm tolerating your bullshit right now?
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 pm

john9blue wrote:would it be accurate to say that i'm tolerating your bullshit right now?

I suppose if you consider it bullshit, sure. Alternatively, you could explore the English language and discover its vast complexity for yourself!

Postby john9blue on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:08 pm

why not both?
Captain john9blue

Postby Lootifer on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 pm

J9B v Woody bears a strange similarity to PS v Sym...

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Lootifer wrote:J9B v Woody bears a strange similarity to PS v Sym...

I hadn't noticed Phatscotty and Symmetry go at each other much. BBS and Symmetry, on the other hand...

Postby Lootifer on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Well anyone v Symm really... f*ck REAL DEBATE, LETS ARGUE SEMANTICS!

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Lootifer wrote:Well anyone v Symm really... f*ck REAL DEBATE, LETS ARGUE SEMANTICS!

Doesn't real debate involve the meanings of the terms being employed?
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Well anyone v Symm really... f*ck REAL DEBATE, LETS ARGUE SEMANTICS!

Doesn't real debate involve the meanings of the terms being employed?

It becomes productive when you get past that point. Most of the time, you're still languishing in some fruitless muddle. Sorry. :(
Colonel BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five