Whose Responsibility are Children?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby john9blue on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 pm

is this thread now about time-wasting arguments we've had with woody?

i'm not sure if i can convince him that "i can only tolerate it for so long before i tolerate it" is an idiotic thing to say.

i won't get my hopes up though...
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 pm

john9blue wrote:i'm not sure if i can convince him that "i can only tolerate it for so long before i tolerate it" is an idiotic thing to say.


I wouldn't expect you to understand what the concept of tolerance means, John, but you're still trying way too hard. Not that I particularly mind you continuing to embarrass yourself, but I would think that you'd mind it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby john9blue on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:47 pm

would it be accurate to say that i'm tolerating your bullshit right now?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 pm

john9blue wrote:would it be accurate to say that i'm tolerating your bullshit right now?


I suppose if you consider it bullshit, sure. Alternatively, you could explore the English language and discover its vast complexity for yourself!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby john9blue on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:08 pm

why not both?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby Lootifer on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 pm

J9B v Woody bears a strange similarity to PS v Sym...
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Lootifer wrote:J9B v Woody bears a strange similarity to PS v Sym...


I hadn't noticed Phatscotty and Symmetry go at each other much. BBS and Symmetry, on the other hand...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby Lootifer on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Well anyone v Symm really... f*ck REAL DEBATE, LETS ARGUE SEMANTICS!
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Lootifer wrote:Well anyone v Symm really... f*ck REAL DEBATE, LETS ARGUE SEMANTICS!


Doesn't real debate involve the meanings of the terms being employed?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Well anyone v Symm really... f*ck REAL DEBATE, LETS ARGUE SEMANTICS!


Doesn't real debate involve the meanings of the terms being employed?


It becomes productive when you get past that point. Most of the time, you're still languishing in some fruitless muddle. Sorry. :(
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3584
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:50 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Well anyone v Symm really... f*ck REAL DEBATE, LETS ARGUE SEMANTICS!


Doesn't real debate involve the meanings of the terms being employed?


It becomes productive when you get past that point. Most of the time, you're still languishing in some fruitless muddle. Sorry. :(


What makes you think I'm fruitless?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Well anyone v Symm really... f*ck REAL DEBATE, LETS ARGUE SEMANTICS!


Doesn't real debate involve the meanings of the terms being employed?


It becomes productive when you get past that point. Most of the time, you're still languishing in some fruitless muddle. Sorry. :(


What makes you think I'm fruitless?


How many times per day do you roll in muddle?
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3584
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:50 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Well anyone v Symm really... f*ck REAL DEBATE, LETS ARGUE SEMANTICS!


Doesn't real debate involve the meanings of the terms being employed?


It becomes productive when you get past that point. Most of the time, you're still languishing in some fruitless muddle. Sorry. :(


What makes you think I'm fruitless?


How many times per day do you roll in muddle?


Often, I don't languish though.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:25 am

One time, I slipped in some muddle. What should be my next step?
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3584
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Whose Responsibility are Children?

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:28 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:One time, I slipped in some muddle. What should be my next step?


Don't keep languishing in it, you seem to have been in there for a while.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Login