CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What was the cause of the Boston Marathon blasts?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Islamic Terrorists
14
23%
Other, Foreign Terrorists
2
3%
Organized Crime
3
5%
Domestic Right-Wing Terrorists
26
42%
Domestic Left-Wing Terrorists
11
18%
Gas Line Explosion or Similar Accident
1
2%
Other than Options Listed
5
8%
 
Total votes : 62

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Maugena on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:00 am

Sincerely, f*ck you guys for speculating this.
Scatter me into the wind, drifting for eternity, forever undone.
Blissfully through with reality's unacceptable nature and apparent being.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKjzDU7V7es
User avatar
New Recruit Maugena
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby chang50 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:19 am

Maugena wrote:Sincerely, f*ck you guys for speculating this.


Isn't that precisely what the police/FBI are doing at the outset of their investigations?
User avatar
Captain chang50
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 am

chang50 wrote:
Maugena wrote:Sincerely, f*ck you guys for speculating this.


Isn't that precisely what the police/FBI are doing at the outset of their investigations?


Therefore Maugena wants to f*ck the police/FBI?


This thread has taken a new twist...
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby crispybits on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:03 am

I hate it when people say "f*ck the police!". Don't just f*ck the police. Take the police out on a couple of dates. Maybe to a movie or for a stroll in the park. Cook the police delicious home made food. Make them fall in love with you. Then f*ck the police. And then stop texting or answering their calls. Ignore the police. Make the police miss you. Make the police sad. Make the police cry....
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby AAFitz on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:12 am

crispybits wrote:I hate it when people say "f*ck the police!". Don't just f*ck the police. Take the police out on a couple of dates. Maybe to a movie or for a stroll in the park. Cook the police delicious home made food. Make them fall in love with you. Then f*ck the police. And then stop texting or answering their calls. Ignore the police. Make the police miss you. Make the police sad. Make the police cry....


Actually, statistically, you should just go ahead and give it a shot since you would be less likely to get divorced.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
User avatar
Major AAFitz
 
Posts: 7216
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 am

Maugena wrote:Sincerely, f*ck you guys for speculating this.


Why?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:06 am

Maugena wrote:Sincerely, f*ck you guys for speculating this.

I agree that any jokes(tongue in cheek or no) are inappropriate but yeah I don't see a problem with speculating. That's the second thing I did when I heard the news was ask myself "Who and why?".
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:25 am

This could possibly be an attack on gay marriage

Maybe Maugena "knows" someone who is a Bostonian?
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Symmetry on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 am

Phatscotty wrote:This could possibly be an attack on gay marriage

Maybe Maugena "knows" someone who is a Bostonian?


:roll:
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:40 pm

User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Maugena on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:47 am

chang50 wrote:
Maugena wrote:Sincerely, f*ck you guys for speculating this.


Isn't that precisely what the police/FBI are doing at the outset of their investigations?

They're paid to find the culprit.
A portion of you are sitting around the campfire playing a game of whodunnit.
I personally think it's tasteless.
That is all.
Scatter me into the wind, drifting for eternity, forever undone.
Blissfully through with reality's unacceptable nature and apparent being.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKjzDU7V7es
User avatar
New Recruit Maugena
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:29 am

Maugena wrote:
chang50 wrote:
Maugena wrote:Sincerely, f*ck you guys for speculating this.


Isn't that precisely what the police/FBI are doing at the outset of their investigations?

They're paid to find the culprit.
A portion of you are sitting around the campfire playing a game of whodunnit.
I personally think it's tasteless.
That is all.


Why do you think it's tasteless? If people were joking about it, I could understand why you would find joking tasteless, but nobody appears to be joking.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that this is completely blown out of proportion. Right before I read about the Boston Marathon explosions, I had read an article about how some 4 or 5 people were shot and killed in random acts of violence in Chicago; no great hue and cry there.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:35 am

thegreekdog wrote: Right before I read about the Boston Marathon explosions, I had read an article about how some 4 or 5 people were shot and killed in random acts of violence in Chicago; no great hue and cry there.


I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that you read this article and dismissed it?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 am

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote: Right before I read about the Boston Marathon explosions, I had read an article about how some 4 or 5 people were shot and killed in random acts of violence in Chicago; no great hue and cry there.


I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that you read this article and dismissed it?


No. That's why I put the sentence, "Frankly, I'm of the opinion that this is completely blown out of proportion" before what you've quoted.

Compare - in the Boston Marathaon bombing, 4 people were killed. In Chicago over the weekend, 4 to 5 people were killed. To my knowledge, CNN is not reporting on the Chicago shootings, the president has not commented on the massive amount of violence in his hometown, and the federal government is not in the process of passing a law or regulation to solve the gun violence in Chicago (note that none of the guns used in the Chicago shootings were assault weapons).

Erego, "I'm of the opinion that [the Boston Marathon bombing] is completely blown out of proportion."
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:47 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote: Right before I read about the Boston Marathon explosions, I had read an article about how some 4 or 5 people were shot and killed in random acts of violence in Chicago; no great hue and cry there.


I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that you read this article and dismissed it?


No. That's why I put the sentence, "Frankly, I'm of the opinion that this is completely blown out of proportion" before what you've quoted.

Compare - in the Boston Marathaon bombing, 4 people were killed. In Chicago over the weekend, 4 to 5 people were killed. To my knowledge, CNN is not reporting on the Chicago shootings, the president has not commented on the massive amount of violence in his hometown, and the federal government is not in the process of passing a law or regulation to solve the gun violence in Chicago (note that none of the guns used in the Chicago shootings were assault weapons).

Erego, "I'm of the opinion that [the Boston Marathon bombing] is completely blown out of proportion."


What would you consider a reasonable degree of proportion?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: casper, spikypineapple and 8 guests

Login