CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What was the cause of the Boston Marathon blasts?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Islamic Terrorists
23%
Other, Foreign Terrorists
3%
Organized Crime
5%
Domestic Right-Wing Terrorists
42%
Domestic Left-Wing Terrorists
18%
Gas Line Explosion or Similar Accident
2%
Other than Options Listed
8%

Total votes : 62

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:57 pm

thegreekdog wrote:This is one of the phenomena I dislike the most when one of these kinds of things happens:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings/_/ ... 013/week/4

Amidst an incredibly challenging week for obvious reasons, the Red Sox responded about as well as anyone could have hoped for, going 6-0 on the week before dropping both games in the day/night doubleheader Sunday against the Royals. More importantly, they gave Bostonians something to smile about again.

The Red Sox had a challenging week?
How many Bostonions were negatively effected by the Marathon Bombings? Were all of the people effected Red Sox fans? I'm pretty sure at least one person who was killed was not even from the country.

This shit fucking burns me up.

Probably a sign that you shouldn't get your news on terrorist attacks from ESPN.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:27 pm

thegreekdog wrote:This is one of the phenomena I dislike the most when one of these kinds of things happens:

Amidst an incredibly challenging week for obvious reasons, the Red Sox responded about as well as anyone could have hoped for, going 6-0 on the week before dropping both games in the day/night doubleheader Sunday against the Royals. More importantly, they gave Bostonians something to smile about again.

How many Bostonions were negatively effected by the Marathon Bombings? Were all of the people effected Red Sox fans? I'm pretty sure at least one person who was killed was not even from the country.

Heed it no mind. It's just sappy stuff to which many react positively, which helps their ratings/webpage visits. At least it isn't anything negative. <shrugs>
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby jimboston on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Don't you know that if you even do a stop-over at Logan you instantly become a Red Sox fan?

(i.e. Logan is the Airport in Boston)
Private jimboston

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby jimboston on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 pm

It's pretty clear at this point these guys were Islamic Jihadist Terrorists.

Whether you want to consider them Domestic or International is debatable...
but the cause definitely appears to be Religious Extremism.
Private jimboston

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five