Ancient Israel (with map)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

How sympathetic are you to the idea of the 12 tribes of Israel conquering ancient Israel?

It's God's prophecy
5
28%
I want a valley of bones
3
17%
Kittens
10
56%
 
Total votes : 18

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:16 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Symmetry, do you hate everything about Israel? Because you are completely fixated on this map idea.


I do not hate Israel, and I'm not alone in my concerns as to the maps and boundaries of what constitutes Israel, ancient or modern. You are welcome to discuss this reasonably with me but I can't reciprocate. Fair?


Sym, what don't you hate about Israel?


Oh, now you're making me fal-afel.

Yeah, I should have guesses NS wouldn't reply.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby TeeGee on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 am

I voted kittens coz they are cute and cuddly......


....and fit nicely down the barrel of a bazooka with a little nudge from a broom handle :D


PS: No kittens were harmed in typing this post
Image
User avatar
Captain TeeGee
Head Global Moderator
Head Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Outback, NSW
Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4)
General Contribution (6)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:41 am

Symmetry wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:why do you love Hitler so much Symm?


I don't think I've ever seen such a direct correlation between levels of argument, rank and physical height.


For the first time, I've laughed out loud at a Symmetry post due to the humor of the post.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:42 am

Symmetry wrote:How sympathetic are you to the idea of the 12 tribes of Israel conquering ancient Israel?

Image


I'm indifferent given that ancient Israel is, well, ancient.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:How sympathetic are you to the idea of the 12 tribes of Israel conquering ancient Israel?

Image


I'm indifferent given that ancient Israel is, well, ancient.


Thanks for coming.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 am

Was there a further point to this thread? I'm struggling to understand why you have an opinion, one way or another, on ancient Israel and whether or not some tribes fought over it (or didn't fight over it, as the case may be).
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:45 am

thegreekdog wrote:Was there a further point to this thread? I'm struggling to understand why you have an opinion, one way or another, on ancient Israel and whether or not some tribes fought over it (or didn't fight over it, as the case may be).


In your struggle, what were the arguments battling it out? I might be able to clarify.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:48 am

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Was there a further point to this thread? I'm struggling to understand why you have an opinion, one way or another, on ancient Israel and whether or not some tribes fought over it (or didn't fight over it, as the case may be).


In your struggle, what arguments were battling it out? I might be able to clarify.


(1) I should care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.
(2) I should not care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.

I voted the latter, probably because I don't know why I should care about something that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago. I hope that helps you help me.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Was there a further point to this thread? I'm struggling to understand why you have an opinion, one way or another, on ancient Israel and whether or not some tribes fought over it (or didn't fight over it, as the case may be).


In your struggle, what arguments were battling it out? I might be able to clarify.


(1) I should care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.
(2) I should not care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.

I voted the latter, probably because I don't know why I should care about something that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago. I hope that helps you help me.


I'm not sure, it's clearly something you care about now, but you seem conflicted about whether you "should" care.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 am

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Was there a further point to this thread? I'm struggling to understand why you have an opinion, one way or another, on ancient Israel and whether or not some tribes fought over it (or didn't fight over it, as the case may be).


In your struggle, what arguments were battling it out? I might be able to clarify.


(1) I should care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.
(2) I should not care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.

I voted the latter, probably because I don't know why I should care about something that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago. I hope that helps you help me.


I'm not sure, it's clearly something you care about now, but you seem conflicted about whether you "should" care.


I care because I don't understand why you care. You still haven't explained why you care and I've asked twice already.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:04 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Was there a further point to this thread? I'm struggling to understand why you have an opinion, one way or another, on ancient Israel and whether or not some tribes fought over it (or didn't fight over it, as the case may be).


In your struggle, what arguments were battling it out? I might be able to clarify.


(1) I should care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.
(2) I should not care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.

I voted the latter, probably because I don't know why I should care about something that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago. I hope that helps you help me.


I'm not sure, it's clearly something you care about now, but you seem conflicted about whether you "should" care.


I care because I don't understand why you care. You still haven't explained why you care and I've asked twice already.


You care because I care? Will the third time be on bended knee?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:09 am

Sure.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:13 am

thegreekdog wrote:Sure.


You're charming when you blush.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:33 am

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Sure.


You're charming when you blush.


I'm blushing because you keep not answering the question; it's puzzling. I mean, seriously, you started this thread. I'm just an ignorant bystander who is trying to understand.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:45 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Sure.


You're charming when you blush.


I'm blushing because you keep not answering the question; it's puzzling. I mean, seriously, you started this thread. I'm just an ignorant bystander who is trying to understand.


Aww, and you don't even mention the question you want me to answer.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Login