Conquer Club

Well-regulated militias

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Would you join the Troll Forest Bridge?

Total votes : 0

Re: Well-regulated militias

Postby fadedpsychosis on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:51 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Thanks for the summary. Not sure what tzor's main point has changed to though.

um.... I think he was using that to say the guard still counts as a militia... y'know, unless they don't
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:09 pm

fadedpsychosis wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Thanks for the summary. Not sure what tzor's main point has changed to though.

um.... I think he was using that to say the guard still counts as a militia... y'know, unless they don't

lol if so, then so what? We'll just have to let tzor unfurl his argument and then refold it.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby tzor on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:lol if so, then so what? We'll just have to let tzor unfurl his argument and then refold it.

Why do I need to unfurl my argument? I'm not drunk enough to unfurl an argument; especially my own.

I've only been pointing out that at the time of the constitution, the notion of militias was something done by the states, and according to the constitution when called into the service of the federal government was then placed under the President as "Commander in Chief." The right to bear arms in the Constitution was a provision to allow state authority to maintain militias.
Cadet tzor

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:05 pm

tzor wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:lol if so, then so what? We'll just have to let tzor unfurl his argument and then refold it.

Why do I need to unfurl my argument? I'm not drunk enough to unfurl an argument; especially my own.

I've only been pointing out that at the time of the constitution, the notion of militias was something done by the states, and according to the constitution when called into the service of the federal government was then placed under the President as "Commander in Chief." The right to bear arms in the Constitution was a provision to allow state authority to maintain militias.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:38 pm

When I have my militia of programmed robotic monkey drones, I look forward to usurping the throne/presidency.

show

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby b.k. barunt on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Sorry andy, the Wicked Witch of the West's monkeys would spank your land based monkeys with a simple air assault.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:41 pm

We have an alliance, luckily. Part of the Axis of Evil.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby tzor on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:45 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:We'll just have to agree to disagree.

We do that often, I'm told.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Did someone mention Flying Monkies?

I prefer the Flying Monkey bar. Next time I head back to Key West, I'm going to stop there.
Cadet tzor

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,