Poor Guy.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Poor Guy.

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:40 pm

So the curlette's school had a "school in action" night yesterday - to show next year's new intake various things they can do when they get there. The curlette (a freshman, or for non-US types, in her first year at the school) is in the acapella group, who performed at various points.

One of the guys in the acapella group is a senior (i.e. in his last year at the school) and wanted to ask a particular girl to the "Prom" with him. So he decided to make the "Prom proposal" a special thing - he got the whole acapella group to serenade her as he handed a bunch of roses in front of what was by now a huge audience.

She said "I'll think about it..."
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Poor Guy.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Ouch.
I am what I am.

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:11 am

It would've worked in the movies, or she would've bit him, and then later his dick would start to bleed. Later, he and/or his dick would turn into a werewolf.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:35 am

I'm indifferent.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:44 am

Oof.

On the other hand, good on her for not feeling like she had to say yes because of the circumstances.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby fadedpsychosis on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:07 pm

my guess is she was trying to politely say no, and not completely reject him in front of a crowd... though everyone in their year is going to see who she ends up going with
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Yes, I said to the curlette - "Yes, he was dreadfully embarrassed - but how must she have felt?"
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Return to Babble-On Five