Benghazi - Massive Coverup

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Benghazi

Postby fadedpsychosis on Mon May 13, 2013 1:46 pm

so as this topic treads perilously close to stuff I'm legally not allowed to have a public opinion on, I will simply say this: through my life, things didn't seem near as F***ed up as they do now until W came into office, and it hasn't gotten better since...
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby 2dimes on Mon May 13, 2013 1:58 pm

I've never met him so I won't go as far as to say, "Shoot, don't blame my boy Dubya, he's terrific!"

I will absolutely say that the guys doing evil things that the potus de jour is partially taking the blame for, have been getting away with most of it far less detected, up until him.

I assure you there's a reason B.K. Barunt and many other fellows, several veterens become, how should I word it? Less than patriotic after service.

Dick, Don and a few others are just working in a time when it's too easy for some random Canuck to get information.
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Re: Benghazi

Postby Woodruff on Mon May 13, 2013 5:50 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
2dimes wrote:Now that they are just concentrating on taking out the perceived "bad guys" that are at the root of things like the gulf war etc. people are still complaining

If they wanted to take out the bad guys at the root of the gulf war, there would be drone strikes at places like 5959 Las Colinas Boulevard, Irving, TX and 5 Houston Center, Houston, TX.

Indeed.

Dukasaur wrote:Neither Iraq nor Afghanistan nor Libya nor Syria has made sense

I'm going to quibble a bit. I agree regarding Iraq, Libya and Syria. But I do feel that our actions in Afghanistan were justified. I also believe we badly fumbled our opportunity to improve the situation while we were there, however.

I'd want to agree with you on AFG, but given the certainty of the underlined, I wouldn't advocate for war. It is to be expected that the US cannot transport democracy or improve countries by invasion (and/or foreign aid).

But we have done so in the past. I remain convinced we could have done so in the case of Afghanistan.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Woodruff on Mon May 13, 2013 5:53 pm

2dimes wrote:I assure you there's a reason B.K. Barunt and many other fellows, several veterens become, how should I word it? Less than patriotic after service.

To be honest, I actually consider them to be QUITE patriotic. Certainly their brand of patriotism is different than what most think, but they're much more interested in the IDEALS of this country than most of the jingoistic, unrepentant fucktards who claim to be patriotic.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Phatscotty on Mon May 13, 2013 6:35 pm

ooge wrote:The only part of Ron Pauls Ideology that I agee with. Its sad to think a lot of past interventions were done to protect some corporations interests.right now the US navy protects shipping lanes it seems to me China benefits greatly from this,why not charge them a fee?

I think almost all Americans agree with this part. My only question is, why do we only elect people who disagree with this part?
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Dukasaur on Mon May 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
ooge wrote:The only part of Ron Pauls Ideology that I agee with. Its sad to think a lot of past interventions were done to protect some corporations interests.right now the US navy protects shipping lanes it seems to me China benefits greatly from this,why not charge them a fee?

I think almost all Americans agree with this part. My only question is, why do we only elect people who disagree with this part?

Three really quick videos, grand total of five minutes to watch all three.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Re: Benghazi

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon May 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Woodruff wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
2dimes wrote:Now that they are just concentrating on taking out the perceived "bad guys" that are at the root of things like the gulf war etc. people are still complaining

If they wanted to take out the bad guys at the root of the gulf war, there would be drone strikes at places like 5959 Las Colinas Boulevard, Irving, TX and 5 Houston Center, Houston, TX.

Indeed.

Dukasaur wrote:Neither Iraq nor Afghanistan nor Libya nor Syria has made sense

I'm going to quibble a bit. I agree regarding Iraq, Libya and Syria. But I do feel that our actions in Afghanistan were justified. I also believe we badly fumbled our opportunity to improve the situation while we were there, however.

I'd want to agree with you on AFG, but given the certainty of the underlined, I wouldn't advocate for war. It is to be expected that the US cannot transport democracy or improve countries by invasion (and/or foreign aid).

But we have done so in the past. I remain convinced we could have done so in the case of Afghanistan.

Our success rate is about 33% in the past 100 years--with "democracy" at least meaning something equivalent to modern day Iran (+4 on the Polity IV index).*

Check out After War: The Political Economy of Exporting Democracy.

book review/summary:
http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/file ... 9n1-16.pdf

Chapter 1:
http://www.ccoyne.com/Coyne_-_After_War_-_Chapter_1.PDF

*If we raise the standard of democracy to +8 (France, GER, US, etc.), then the US' success rate is about 1% or 5% (I forget the source of that study though. :/
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby 2dimes on Mon May 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Woodruff wrote:
2dimes wrote:I assure you there's a reason B.K. Barunt and many other fellows, several veterens become, how should I word it? Less than patriotic after service.

To be honest, I actually consider them to be QUITE patriotic. Certainly their brand of patriotism is different than what most think, but they're much more interested in the IDEALS of this country than most of the jingoistic, unrepentant fucktards who claim to be patriotic.

Well, that is why I am at a loss for preferred wording.

Blindly agreeing with the president is potentially important for an active duty member of the armed forces at the lower levels for sure. End up involved in the wrong operation and experience some corrupt comanding officers or maybe some operation some in the chain of command would rather you just agree with, and...
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon May 13, 2013 9:37 pm

This topic is all just out of control. Remember it was spontaneous riots that caused this attack on the embassy. The CIA report even said that, and there is no way this transparent administration would edit the talking points behind what truly happened.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Postby rishaed on Mon May 13, 2013 11:55 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:This topic is all just out of control. Remember it was spontaneous riots that caused this attack on the embassy. The CIA report even said that, and there is no way this transparent administration would edit the talking points behind what truly happened.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anybody else see what is funny with this statement? :roll: ](*,) :ugeek:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby Phatscotty on Tue May 14, 2013 12:00 am

the sarcasm?
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re:

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 14, 2013 12:33 am

2dimes wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Well, that is why I am at a loss for preferred wording.

Blindly agreeing with the president is potentially important for an active duty member of the armed forces at the lower levels for sure.

Actually, I don't think it's important in any way. Not necessary at all. What IS necessary is that active duty member support the policies of the President anyway, regardless of their agreement, as long as nothing criminal is directed. As well, the active duty member needs to maintain the impression of propriety, as the US military is highly interested in public appearance.

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 14, 2013 12:33 am

rishaed wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:This topic is all just out of control. Remember it was spontaneous riots that caused this attack on the embassy. The CIA report even said that, and there is no way this transparent administration would edit the talking points behind what truly happened.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having seen Patrick in this forum enough, I'm quite certain that was intentional.

Re:

Postby fadedpsychosis on Tue May 14, 2013 4:08 am

2dimes wrote:Blindly agreeing with the president is potentially important for an active duty member of the armed forces at the lower levels for sure. End up involved in the wrong operation and experience some corrupt comanding officers or maybe some operation some in the chain of command would rather you just agree with, and...

it's not that we blindly agree with the president, it's that we are supposed to (and in fact are legally obligated) to keep our private opinions private
Woodruff wrote:Actually, I don't think it's important in any way. Not necessary at all. What IS necessary is that active duty member support the policies of the President anyway, regardless of their agreement, as long as nothing criminal is directed. As well, the active duty member needs to maintain the impression of propriety, as the US military is highly interested in public appearance.

yeah, what he said
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue May 14, 2013 7:38 am

Woodruff wrote:
rishaed wrote:

Having seen Patrick in this forum enough, I'm quite certain that was intentional.

Thank you Woody, you are correct.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?