Is Phatscotty a Republican?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is Phatscotty a Republican?

Postby thegreekdog on Fri May 17, 2013 7:39 am

At my own personal risk* I create this thread to determine, once and for all, whether Phatscotty is a Republican and what kind of Republican he is.

Phatscotty, please answer the following questions:

- Who did you vote for in the 2012 presidential election?
- Who did you vote for in the 2008 presidential election?
- Who did you vote for in the 2004 presidential election?
- At the time, did you support the war in Iraq?
- At the time, did you support the war in Afghanistan?
- Did you support, during the Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, and Bush Jr. administrations, the creation and/or maintenance of military presence overseas?
- Are you in favor of the federal bonus depreciation deduction?
- Are you in favor of the federal credit for research and development?
- Are you in favor of making abortion illegal?
- Are you in favor of making English the official language of the United States?
- Are you in favor of making flag burning illegal?
- Are you in favor of making gay marriage illegal?

I may have additional questions for you as you answer these.

Thanks.

TGD, registered Libertarian, tax attorney, and constitutional scholar

* Personal risk may include, but is not limited to, bodily harm, banning, and accusations of trolling, baiting, and flaming.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Is Phatscotty a Republican?

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 am

I endorse this.

--Andy, unregistered monkey, belligerent Star Trek enthusiast, and Futurama-phile
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri May 17, 2013 10:30 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I endorse this.

--Andy, unregistered monkey, belligerent Star Trek enthusiast, and Futurama-phile

The first is illegal in 3 states, the second in 8, and the 3rd in 5.
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Fri May 17, 2013 4:53 pm

thegreekdog wrote:At my own personal risk* I create this thread to determine, once and for all, whether Phatscotty is a Republican and what kind of Republican he is.

- Did you support, during the Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, and Bush Jr. administrations, the creation and/or maintenance of military presence overseas?
- Are you in favor of making English the official language of the United States?

Thanks.

* Personal risk may include, but is not limited to, bodily harm, banning, and accusations of trolling, baiting, and flaming.

You think I would report you or something?

That's okay. All my life there has been confusion as to exactly where I stand, but like I have said repeatedly, I am a registered independent who is fiscally concerned, and the fiscal concern is growing more and more and time goes by. Independents do not always act a certain way, which is why it is hard for some people who think because I go to the right on one issue, I am chained to the right on every issue. Anyhoo...

2012 - I voted for Romney, specifically against Obama
2008 - Ron Paul
2004 - Ralp Nader

I have never, EVER supported the Iraq war. I was against it even before it started, even when Keith Olberman and Hillary Clitnon were for it. Being against the Iraq war was probably the #1 reason I was demonized as a Liberal from the years 2001-2006.

I supported the Afghanistan actions, but was hoping we would clean house, get the terrorists, and get out. I would have preferred to leave after about 6 months.

I don't think I supported any kind of military presence overseas. Of course each situation is different, and I'm not a pacifist, but my first votes I could cast were for Ross Perot and Jesse Ventura, and their position on the military was a heavy reason for my support, that is that the military is far too stretched out and intervenes way too much in other countries. I am for the strongest of strong defenses, as to me that is the most important function of government, and I think there is a lot of difference between a strong defense and a large military that outspends the rest of the world combined.

I don't know exactly what the federal bonus is, but I can tell you if it costs money that we don't have, I am very likely against it unless there is a specific good and legitimate reason for it's existence.

Federal credit for RnD, I am not dead set against it, but I would much rather prefer the tax system we have were not in place in order for there to be deductions in the first place.

I am not in favor of making abortion illegal.

I think it's important to have an official language. That is not to say that no other language can be spoken, but when it comes to government forms, yes I think they should be in English. We should provide translators and forms written in other languages upon request. However I have not heard a lot of arguments against this or put a lot of thought into it, so I would be open to listen and possibly be persuaded upon discovery of previously unknown details/situations.

I believe burning the flag is a form of free speech, and making it illegal would infringe on the first amendment.

I have a problem with the way your last question is asked. As of right now, gay marriage is not recognized by a majority of states, so I think it's incorrect to ask if I support making it illegal, as that is the way it mostly is. But to skip the re-asking, I can tolerate whichever way the voters decide, so long as the voters get a chance to decide. That is to say, if the voters decide not to change the definition of marriage, I support that. Likewise, if the voters decide to change the definition of marriage, I support that too. The marriage issue is mostly one of process to me, and overall I don't think the government should be involved in marriage in the first place.
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Lootifer on Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Tsk tsk TGD, you forget that PS can quite easily, and does as seen above, claim to be a libertarian.

I do doubt his honesty and consistency though. Much like he'd probably lie on a MBTI test to avoid being a F.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Fri May 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Lootifer wrote:Tsk tsk TGD, you forget that PS can quite easily, and does as seen above, claim to be a libertarian.

I do doubt his honesty and consistency though. Much like he'd probably lie on a MBTI test to avoid being a F.

there's a perfect example. I made no such claim. That should about do it concerning dishonesty.
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 12:00 am

thegreekdog wrote:Phatscotty, please answer the following questions:

And the reason you believe you'll get an honest answer is...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat May 18, 2013 12:10 am

Yeah, I'm not seeing why PS would suddenly choose to be honest with us.

1. He suffers no consequences of being dishonest--other than the status quo of distrust from us, so by not incurring an additional negative consequence, he may as well opt for dishonesty.

2. He could profit from becoming honest, but then we'd have no way of knowing whether he was honest or not. This uncertainty seems to preclude the possibility of such profit, so why would PS still opt for honesty if the gains are uncertain?

3. Could he be taking a chance--regardless of that uncertainty? Maybe.

4. PS is consistently dodgy, so even if he throws down some answers here, we can (a) find discrepancies between the current claims with the past claims, and (b) look for future inconsistencies. (RE: a & b, that kind of investigation is pretty much profitless, and has been conducted many times in the past--confirming his inconsistency).

Given all this, PS is likely being dishonest--or he isn't aware of his dishonesty (mild dissociative disorder/complete inability to understand oneself). Or he's the Dodge King Troll.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 18, 2013 12:13 am

:lol:

Now back to your regularly scheduled coordinated smear job programming
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ooge on Sat May 18, 2013 5:09 am

Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:At my own personal risk* I create this thread to determine, once and for all, whether Phatscotty is a Republican and what kind of Republican he is.

Thanks.

You think I would report you or something?

That's okay. All my life there has been confusion as to exactly where I stand, but like I have said repeatedly, I am a registered independent who is fiscally concerned, and the fiscal concern is growing more and more and time goes by. Independents do not always act a certain way, which is why it is hard for some people who think because I go to the right on one issue, I am chained to the right on every issue. Anyhoo...

2012 - I voted for Romney, specifically against Obama
2008 - Ron Paul
2004 - Ralp Nader

I have never, EVER supported the Iraq war. I was against it even before it started, even when Keith Olberman and Hillary Clitnon were for it. Being against the Iraq war was probably the #1 reason I was demonized as a Liberal from the years 2001-2006.

I supported the Afghanistan actions, but was hoping we would clean house, get the terrorists, and get out. I would have preferred to leave after about 6 months.

I don't think I supported any kind of military presence overseas. Of course each situation is different, and I'm not a pacifist, but my first votes I could cast were for Ross Perot and Jesse Ventura, and their position on the military was a heavy reason for my support, that is that the military is far too stretched out and intervenes way too much in other countries. I am for the strongest of strong defenses, as to me that is the most important function of government, and I think there is a lot of difference between a strong defense and a large military that outspends the rest of the world combined.

I don't know exactly what the federal bonus is, but I can tell you if it costs money that we don't have, I am very likely against it unless there is a specific good and legitimate reason for it's existence.

Federal credit for RnD, I am not dead set against it, but I would much rather prefer the tax system we have were not in place in order for there to be deductions in the first place.

I am not in favor of making abortion illegal.

I think it's important to have an official language. That is not to say that no other language can be spoken, but when it comes to government forms, yes I think they should be in English. We should provide translators and forms written in other languages upon request. However I have not heard a lot of arguments against this or put a lot of thought into it, so I would be open to listen and possibly be persuaded upon discovery of previously unknown details/situations.

I believe burning the flag is a form of free speech, and making it illegal would infringe on the first amendment.

I have a problem with the way your last question is asked. As of right now, gay marriage is not recognized by a majority of states, so I think it's incorrect to ask if I support making it illegal, as that is the way it mostly is. But to skip the re-asking, I can tolerate whichever way the voters decide, so long as the voters get a chance to decide. That is to say, if the voters decide not to change the definition of marriage, I support that. Likewise, if the voters decide to change the definition of marriage, I support that too. The marriage issue is mostly one of process to me, and overall I don't think the government should be involved in marriage in the first place.

By that voting record he appears to be in favor of wherever the political winds blow,the mind of a scattered brain individual with no core principles.reminds me of a fan of the New York Yankees living in Boston going to Red Sox games,He is not really a Fan of the Yankees, he just likes getting all the negative attention.
Major ooge

Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby waauw on Sat May 18, 2013 5:56 am

I have to say, even though phatscotty sounds quite extreme in other topics, his answers here are quite similar to my own opinions. I've found some newlyfounded respect for the guy 8-[

George Santayana: Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
Cook waauw

Location: Physically in Belgium, mentally lost in his fantasy world
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby ooge on Sat May 18, 2013 5:58 am

waauw wrote:I have to say, even though phatscotty sounds quite extreme in other topics, his answers here are quite similar to my own opinions. I've found some newlyfounded respect for the guy 8-[

that will change if he ever calls you a racist.
Major ooge

Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat May 18, 2013 7:28 am

waauw wrote:I have to say, even though phatscotty sounds quite extreme in other topics, his answers here are quite similar to my own opinions. I've found some newlyfounded respect for the guy 8-[

it'll change within 10 days. Wait for the next hot topic, and you'll find the Dodge King Troll at his finest.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby john9blue on Sat May 18, 2013 11:12 am

ITT are a bunch of douchebags.

if you think scotty is a liar here about his beliefs, then call him out on it when he tries to argue against them in another thread.

wait nvm, it's easier to stick your head in the sand and pretend that people you don't agree with are all dishonest scumbags.

bunch of fucking morons. i don't often defend scotty, but the level of idiocy here is ridiculous.

also, this made me laugh:

ooge wrote: By that voting record he appears to be in favor of wherever the political winds blow,the mind of a scattered brain individual with no core principles.reminds me of a fan of the New York Yankees living in Boston going to Red Sox games,He is not really a Fan of the Yankees, he just likes getting all the negative attention.

because it's coming from someone so thoroughly indoctrinated and so predictable that i could probably write a computer program to make their posts for them. i can see why you'd be against individual thought. get back in line soldier!
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 11:21 am

john9blue wrote:ITT are a bunch of douchebags.

if you think scotty is a liar here about his beliefs, then call him out on it when he tries to argue against them in another thread.

I do. All the time.

john9blue wrote:wait nvm, it's easier to stick your head in the sand and pretend that people you don't agree with are all dishonest scumbags.

Occasionally, there are people who are dishonest scumbags.

john9blue wrote:bunch of fucking morons. i don't often defend scotty, but the level of idiocy here is ridiculous.

Actually, you do. Frequently.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?