He's called a "traitor"

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: He's called a "traitor"

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:21 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Snowden denies he provided or lost any information to the Chinese or Russians:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/10/snowden-denies-information-russia-china

Interesting article. Especially this passage:
The extraordinary claim that China had drained the contents of Snowden's laptops first appeared in the New York Times in a June 24 article. The paper published the claim with no evidence and without any attribution to any identified sources.

In lieu of any evidence, the NYT circulated this obviously significant assertion by quoting what it called "two Western intelligence experts" who "worked for major government spy agencies". Those "experts" were not identified. The article then stated that these experts "said they believed that the Chinese government had managed to drain the contents of the four laptops that Mr. Snowden said he brought to Hong Kong" (emphasis added).

So that's how this "China-drained-his-laptops" claim was created: by the New York Times citing two anonymous sources saying they "believed" this happened. From there, it predictably spread everywhere as truth.

Once again, America's "independent media" is sucking up the government's line like a pack of starving hounds at a puddle of blood. The same "independent media" that swallowed the Warren Commission report hook, line, and sinker. The same "independent media" that parroted all the BS stories about Saddam's "weapons of mass destruction" and are now desperately pretending that it wasn't them.

Exactly.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 pm

wow still talking about this,unreal,if you all think he is a hero,the leave the usa,move to cuba or china
Sergeant 1st Class karel

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:28 pm

karel wrote:Image
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:37 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:

sucks truth hurts dont it
Sergeant 1st Class karel

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:59 pm

karel wrote:wow still talking about this,unreal,if you all think he is a hero,the leave the usa,move to cuba or china

Yet again, I'm not sure anyone here is calling him a hero. I'm not. I am coming to believe even more strongly that he IS a patriot, however.

I'm quite confused by your assertion that my opinion means I should leave the USA though. Aside from my 23 years in the military defending this nation, I would have thought that someone crying so loudly about "AMERICA!!!!" would believe in the freedom to hold an opinion. I guess you don't believe in American ideals or the Constitution?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:01 pm

karel wrote:wow still talking about this,unreal,if you all think he is a hero,the leave the usa,move to cuba or china

When you've got a nice dictatorship at home, why would you go to all the hassle and expense of moving to a different one?
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

When you've got a nice dictatorship at home, why would you go to all the hassle and expense of moving to a different one?

we do really,umm did not know that,wow were are you from,russia?,cuz if so you should be use to that
Sergeant 1st Class karel

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:04 pm

karel wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

we do really,umm did not know that,wow were are you from,russia?,cuz if so you should be use to that

Yeah, actually I am from a land that was formerly under Russian occupation, thank you. And yes, I know quite a bit about these things, thank you very much.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:06 pm

karel wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Have a gander at this and see if you still don't think we're headed that direction:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-tirman/nsa-deep-state_b_3569316.html

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:19 pm

no im not going to look at it,its pretty much simple,nsa doing there jobs,dont see no point to click on link,and i hope this duche bag dies in a plane crash and fries to death,he gets everything coming to him
Sergeant 1st Class karel

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:20 pm

karel wrote:no im not going to look at it,its pretty much simple,nsa doing there jobs,dont see no point to click on link,and i hope this duche bag dies in a plane crash and fries to death,he gets everything coming to him

I've never taken you for someone who prefers not to know the truth. I always thought you were a good American, a patriot. It saddens me to see that you are nothing more than a bully.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:34 pm

karel wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

sucks truth hurts dont it

How much truth did you suck?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:52 pm

well looks like you sure in the f*ck dont understand it...maybe we should call of of you a traitor for supporting this dickbag
Sergeant 1st Class karel

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:27 pm

karel wrote:well looks like you sure in the f*ck dont understand it...maybe we should call of of you a traitor for supporting this dickbag

Given that you're clearly not interested in actually educating yourself on the subject at all, it doesn't matter at all what you call me, as whatever you choose will almost of necessity be inaccurate.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby rishaed on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:03 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:

+1000 Saxbucks if i could
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby patches70 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 pm

karel wrote:well looks like you sure in the f*ck dont understand it...maybe we should call of of you a traitor for supporting this dickbag

Corporal patches70

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby karel on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 pm

well all i have to say is when ur city gets blown up,then you will be wishing they did them taps........o'well good luck.......try not to get fried
Sergeant 1st Class karel

Postby rishaed on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 pm

karel wrote:well all i have to say is when ur city gets blown up,then you will be wishing they did them taps........o'well good luck.......try not to get fried

You are currently the governments dream citizen right now. :!:
Smart enough to do your job, ignorant (by choice i guess) to trust the government even when you shouldn't :roll:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby Frigidus on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:00 am

karel wrote:well all i have to say is when ur city gets blown up,then you will be wishing they did them taps........o'well good luck.......try not to get fried

I'd be more concerned about dying from inclement weather than I'm concerned about being killed by terrorists. They're a non-entity. After a quick search online I found out that 17 Americans died worldwide in 2011 as a result of terrorism. All 17 of them occurred in the Middle East. Don't get me wrong, every death is a tragedy, but it seems to me the best way to prevent this is to get the f*ck out of the Middle East.

The truth is that the perpetrators of 9/11 exploited holes in airline security that don't exist any more. They never had the resources to destroy a building on their own and they had to hijack someone else's technology to do it. Forgive me if I don't shit my pants over Chicago being destroyed and forgive me if I'm more concerned by blatant violations of the Constitution than by modern day's boogeyman equivalent of Communists.
Sergeant Frigidus

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby patches70 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:56 am

When did we get so afraid? This is puzzling to me, to be so fearful to allow the government to take our privacy, our liberty, and for what?

I don't know about the rest of my countrymen, but I don't live in fear. I'd much rather live in freedom and privacy and I'll just take my chances against the tuurrriisstss. I'm willing to bet I won't ever be killed in a terrorist attack, but my chances of getting shot by some itchy fingered thug of a cop are quite a bit higher.

Afraid of people living in caves and mud huts. Go figure. Just gimme a call if you ever need me to come over and squash that teeny tiny spider that's scaring the crap out of you. Or a mouse or any other little critter that might scare you as well.

frigidus wrote:Forgive me if I don't shit my pants over Chicago being destroyed

Hahah! We don't have to worry about terrorists destroying Chicago, Chicagians are doing pretty good destroying Chicago all on their own!
Corporal patches70

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Frigidus on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:25 pm

patches70 wrote:

Hahah! We don't have to worry about terrorists destroying Chicago, Chicagians are doing pretty good destroying Chicago all on their own!

No joke. If the government is really interested in protecting American lives they should camp the army out here.
Sergeant Frigidus

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Frigidus wrote:
patches70 wrote:

No joke. If the government is really interested in protecting American lives they should camp the army out here.

What's Ditka doing these days? He oughta be able to handle a tiny mishap like that.

Postby Frigidus on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
patches70 wrote:

What's Ditka doing these days? He oughta be able to handle a tiny mishap like that.

Those gang bangers won't know what happened when they get hit by Hurricane Ditka.
Sergeant Frigidus

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five