Catholic Church abuse: $57 million spent to hide sex scandal

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Catholic Church abuse: $57 million spent to hide sex scandal

Postby pimpdave on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 pm

New documents have come to light as part of the dozens of sexual abuse cases within the Catholic Church.

In 2007, the Catholic Church transferred $57 million into a trust fund to provide "improved protection" for the church against court action.

Former Milwaukee Archbishop Timothy Dolan wrote the transfer was to protect the funds from any legal claim or liability, and the Vatican approved the transfer one month later.

Four years later, the Milwaukee Archdiocese filed a petition for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The judge overseeing the case ordered the documents revealing the transfer to be released. The documents say the church granted then-Archbishop Timothy Dolan permission to move the money from a cemetery fund into a trust.

Dolan's 2007 letter and the response from the Vatican were included in the documents, which were released as part of a deal with in the federal bankruptcy court between the archdiocese and clergy sex abuse victims suing the archdiocese for fraud.

An attorney representing the abuse victims said the money's intended use was to pay offenders to "quietly go away."

Victims said the archdiocese transferred priests involved in the sexual abuse cases to new Catholic churches without warning parishioners and covered up priests' crimes.

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/07/03/Cath ... 372865113/
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Catholic Church abuse: $57 million spent to hide sex sca

Postby pimpdave on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:59 pm

I wonder what Doctors Without Borders would do with $57 million dollars. Would they spend it in their effort to secularly help people, or would they rape children and then use the money to cover it up and make it possible for the child rapist to not only go unpunished, but continue raping children?

I'm curious to know what both god worshipers and atheists think.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby pimpdave on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:17 am

I just looked it up. You guys know that Doctors Without Borders operates on an annual budget of $400 million? That covers the entire world, and they don't even have to pay out hush money!

Now, Milwaukee has a population of about 600,000, and it cost $57 million to shut up the victims of god worshiper leader sex abuse there. New York City has a population of 8 million. Does that mean it'll cost about $912 million to shut up those victims? That could fund Doctors Without Borders for over two whole years!

So, why is it worth it to keep supporting something that requires the expense of evil to do a little good? Why is Doctors Without Borders not as good or holy as a god worshiping organization that also rapes children?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Fun questions, PD. I'd be sincerely interested in hearing from a theist/believer on this.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby warmonger1981 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:55 pm

Those people are not godly. Thats pure evil. When money and leaders of any organization get to much power they inevitability self destruct or will do anything in their power to keep their secrets secret.
Lieutenant warmonger1981

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12)

Return to Babble-On Five