Conquer Club

Anyone been to a psychic reading?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

so?

Total votes : 0

Re: Anyone been to a psychic reading?

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:42 pm

clangfield wrote:It's been in the paper today that Uri Geller claims to have been a) working as a spy for the CIA and b) ended the Cold War.
As far as I'm aware, ex-Mossad agents recruited by the CIA don't tend to advertise the fact... #-o
It's nutters like him that remove any semblance of credibility (if there is any) from the proper consideration of the "supernatural" - or to use Michael Bentine's phrase, the supra-conscious.
I also see that some orientals are trying to increase their life spans (and other aspects) by plastic surgery on their hands to lengthen the "lines".
It's nutters like them that remove any semblance of credibility (if there is any) from the human race... :cry:

Uri Geller has been proven a fraud a couple of times.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:50 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:So, where's the evidence that supports the supernatural attributes of psychics or the claim that "there actually are real psychics out there"?

There are some that really have the gift, and those say the gift is of everyone, they just need training.

But for every 1 with the gift there are like 50 that are a fraud. But "evidence" it's hard to find in mainstream media, because of the implications.

It's no secret anymore that the CIA successfully experimented with remote viewing.
General nietzsche

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 pm

nietzsche wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:So, where's the evidence that supports the supernatural attributes of psychics or the claim that "there actually are real psychics out there"?

There are some that really have the gift, and those say the gift is of everyone, they just need training.

But for every 1 with the gift there are like 50 that are a fraud. But "evidence" it's hard to find in mainstream media, because of the implications.

It's no secret anymore that the CIA successfully experimented with remote viewing.

Oh, I remember this conversation. Didn't you send me a youtube video or something?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:54 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

Oh, I remember this conversation. Didn't you send me a youtube video or something?

I did, but not exactly the same topic.

About your question:

In 1984 remote viewer Joseph McMoneagle was awarded a legion of merit for determining "150 essential elements of information...producing crucial and vital intelligence unavailable from any other source".[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing

http://www.lfr.org/lfr/csl/media/air_mayresponse.html
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:00 pm

The psychic phenomena is real, but it's surrounded by many fraudulent claims as well, specially because people is willing to spend money on fortune tellers.

What I don't understand is why "man of science" close their eyes to it, when it doesn't defy science at all, science is supposed to describe what the real world is, not to say what can be and what cannot.

There have been many double blind tests confirming the psychic abilities of normal subjects, done in universities, and the metadata completely confirms it. Yet "man of science" claim they cannot repeat them, actually I don't think they even try. But if they try to repeat some experiment less probable for which they are biased, I bet they replicate it in the first try.
General nietzsche

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:55 pm

nietzsche wrote:
clangfield wrote:It's been in the paper today that Uri Geller claims to have been a) working as a spy for the CIA and b) ended the Cold War.
As far as I'm aware, ex-Mossad agents recruited by the CIA don't tend to advertise the fact... #-o
It's nutters like him that remove any semblance of credibility (if there is any) from the proper consideration of the "supernatural" - or to use Michael Bentine's phrase, the supra-conscious.
I also see that some orientals are trying to increase their life spans (and other aspects) by plastic surgery on their hands to lengthen the "lines".
It's nutters like them that remove any semblance of credibility (if there is any) from the human race... :cry:

Uri Geller has been proven a fraud a couple of times.

Yes he has.
Long ago too.
I remember a quote from his mother long ago - "He always was a liar".
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:29 pm

nietzsche wrote:The psychic phenomena is real, but it's surrounded by many fraudulent claims as well, specially because people is willing to spend money on fortune tellers.

What I don't understand is why "man of science" close their eyes to it, when it doesn't defy science at all, science is supposed to describe what the real world is, not to say what can be and what cannot.

There have been many double blind tests confirming the psychic abilities of normal subjects, done in universities, and the metadata completely confirms it. Yet "man of science" claim they cannot repeat them, actually I don't think they even try. But if they try to repeat some experiment less probable for which they are biased, I bet they replicate it in the first try.

Its not so much that real scientists dispute this.. most actually do not, its just that since it has little real value because it is so rare. Also, I think most folks are rather glad that science is not yet to the point of actually being able to, say, train people predict things reliably. However, there are experiments that are getting closer.. studies into better types of "lie detectors", studies into what part of the brain is used for various types of thinking, etc.

Besides, if there ever were anything truly real, it would not be long before folks doing the research started getting "knocks on the door" from government types. Overall, its probably safer for any real psychics that most people don't believe they are anything but frauds.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,