Conquer Club

Alignments of OT Posters

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Alignments of OT Posters

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:04 pm

So... many of you may know Dungeons & Dragons as the game all the cool kids play, but here we're going to determine the alignments of our favorite OT users.

Here are descriptions of the various classes as well as examples:

Lawful Good - A Lawful Good character typically acts with compassion, and always with honor and a sense of duty. A Lawful Good nation would consist of a well-organized government that works for the benefit of its citizens. Lawful Good characters include righteous knights, paladins and most dwarves. Lawful Good characters, especially paladins, may sometimes find themselves faced with the dilemma of whether to obey law or good when the two conflict (e.g. upholding a sworn oath when it would lead innocents to come to harm) or conflicts between two orders (e.g. between religious law and the law of the local ruler).

Neutral Good - A Neutral Good character is guided by his conscience and typically acts altruistically, without regard for or against Lawful precepts such as rules or trandition. A Neutral Good character has no problems with cooperating with lawful officials, but does not feel beholden to them. In the event that doing the right thing requires the bending or breaking of rules, they do not suffer the same inner conflict that a Lawful Good character would.

Chaotic Good - A Chaotic Good character favors change for a greater good, disdains bureaucratic organizations that get in the way of social improvement, and places a high value on personal freedom, not only for onseself, but for others as well. They always intend to do the right thing, but their methods are generally disorganized and often out of alignment with the rest of society. They may create conflict in a team if they feel they are being pushed around, and often view extensive organization and planning as pointless, preferring to improvise.

Lawful Neutral - A Lawful Neutral character typically believes strongly in Lawful concepts such as honor, order, rules, and tradition, and often follows a personal code. A Lawful Neutral society would typically enforce strict laws to maintain social order, and place a high value on traditions and historical precedent. Examples of Lawful Neutral characters might include a soldier who always follows orders, a judge or enforcer that adheres mercilessly to the word of the law, and a disciplined monk. Characters of this alignment are neutral with regard to good and evil. This does not mean that Lawful Neutral characters are amoral or immoral, or do not have a moral compass, but simply that their moral considerations come a distant second to what their code, tradition, or law dictates. They typically have a strong ethical code, but it is primarily guided by their system or belief, not by a commitment to good or evil.

True Neutral - A Neutral character represents neutral on both axes, and tends not to feel strongly towards any alignment. A farmer whose primary overriding concern is to feed his family is of this alignment. Most animals, lacking the capacity for moral judgement, are of this alignment since they are guided by instinct rather than conscious decision. Many roguish characters who play all sides to suit themselves are also of this alignment (such as a weapon merchant with no qualms about selling his wares to both sides of a war for a profit). Some neutral characters, rather than feeling undecided, are commited to a balance between the alingments. They may see good, evil, law and chaos as simply prejudices and dangerous extremes.

Chaotic Neutral - A Chaotic Neutral character is an individualist who follows his or her own heart, and generally shirks rules and traditions. Although they promote the ideals of freedom, it is their own freedom that comes first. Good and evil come second to their need to be free, and the only reliable thing about them is how totally unreliable they are. Chaotic Neutral characters are free-spirited and do not enjoy the unnecessary suffering of others, but if they join a team, it is because that team's goals happen to coincide with their own at the moment. They invariable resent taking orders and can be very selfish in their pursuit of personal goals. A Chaotic Neutral character does not have to be an aimless wanderer; they may have a specific goal in mind, but their methods of achieving that goal are often disorganized, unorthodox, or entirely unpredictable.

Lawful Evil - A Lawful Evil character sees a well-ordered system as being easier to exploit, and shows a combination of desirable and undesirable traits; while they usually obey their superiors and keep their word, they care nothing for the rights and freedoms of other individuals and are not averse to twisting their rules to work in their favor. Examples of this alignment include tyrants, devlis, undiscriminating mercenary types who have a strict code of conduct, and loyal soldiers who enjoy the act of killing.

Neutral Evil - A Neutral Evil character is typically selfish and has no qualms about turning on their allies-of-the-moment, and usually make allies primarily to further their own goals. They have no compunctions about harming others to get what theywant, but neither will they go out of their way to cause carnage or mayhem when they see no direct benefit to it. They abide by laws for only as long as it is convenient for them. A villain of this alignment can be more dangerous than either Lawful or Chaotic Evil characters, since she or he is neither bound by any sort of honor or tradition nor disorganized and pointlessly violent. Another valid interpretation of Netural Evil holds up evil as an ideal, doing evil for evil's sake and trying to spread its influence.

Chaotic Evil - A Chaotic Evil character tends to have no respect for rules, toher peoples' lives, or anything but their own desires, which are typically selfish and cruel. They set a high value on personal freedom, but do not have any regard for the lives or freedom of other people. They do not work well in groups, as they resent being given orders, and usually behave themselves only out of fear of punishment. It is not compulsory for Chaotic Evil characters to be constantly performing sadistic acts just for the sake of being evil, or constantly disobeying orders just for the sake of causing chaos. They do however enjoy the suffering of others, and view honor and self-discipline as weaknesses.

Also, this - https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Re: Alignments of OT Posters

Postby notyou2 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:06 pm

Wizards sucks.

Go Paizo
Captain notyou2

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:08 pm

So we know Symmetry is possibly:

Subject: Why is Symmetry a troll?- a thread by Symmetry

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Let's keep it clean folks, I'm genuinely wondering why I'm considered a troll.

For what it's worth, I've always thought of you more as a fairy.

Gnoll?
Bugbear?

Me or him? I certainly seem to be a bugbear to you on occasion.

I find you very entertaining (except when trying to engage you in serious discussion; then you're just annoying).

So maybe a Lawful Neutral Mage? I find Lawful Neutral Mages both entertaining and annoying when trying to engage in serious discussion. Trolls are chaotic evil, so that wouldn't fit.

Hm...

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Andy: Chaotic Good
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:22 pm

AoG: Chaotic Neutral
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby notyou2 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:48 pm

tgd neutral good
Captain notyou2

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Potential list of posters needing alignment designation:

show

--Andy

Postby notyou2 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Andy: Chaotic Good

I disagree, I believe Andy has many Lawful Good tendencies as well as some chaotic tendencies. I therefore believe he too is Neutral Good.
Captain notyou2

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:55 pm

notyou2 wrote:

I disagree, I believe Andy has many Lawful Good tendencies as well as some chaotic tendencies. I therefore believe he too is Neutral Good.

Andy was only Lawful Good when he was CM. Now that he has retired, definitely Chaotic Good.

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Mets lawful neutral
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Gillipig chaotic evil
Major betiko

Postby notyou2 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

Andy was only Lawful Good when he was CM. Now that he has retired, definitely Chaotic Good.

I agree with you, but I doubt his current pot stirring has erased his years of lawfulness, thus I arrived at NG
Captain notyou2

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:49 pm

DoomYoshi: True Neutral

Why, you ask? This part of the description sealed the deal for me:

"True Neutral - Most animals, lacking the capacity for moral judgement, are of this alignment since they are guided by instinct rather than conscious decision."

--Andy

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:21 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

I agree with you, but I doubt his current pot stirring has erased his years of lawfulness, thus I arrived at NG

I agree with NG if we're averaging over time, but I figured this thread to be more of a snapshot of who they are currently.

Postby notyou2 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

I agree with NG if we're averaging over time, but I figured this thread to be more of a snapshot of who they are currently.

Apparently we need an adjudicator with the Holy Book of Rules.
Captain notyou2

Postby nietzsche on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:29 pm

do me do me!!
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:31 pm

nietzsche wrote:do me do me!!

Lawful Evil

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:32 pm

No one wants to do you even when you re begging in your doggy style position princess!
Major betiko

Postby TeeGee on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:44 pm

betiko wrote:

No one wants to do you even when you re begging in your doggy style position princess!

I'm not so sure, 2 beers and I think AoG might
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:DoomYoshi: True Neutral

Why, you ask? This part of the description sealed the deal for me:

"True Neutral - Most animals, lacking the capacity for moral judgement, are of this alignment since they are guided by instinct rather than conscious decision."

--Andy

random.org says I am Neutral Good today.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby macbone on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 am

Man, there are so many of these things.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Colonel macbone

Postby fadedpsychosis on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:14 am

notyou2 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

Apparently we need an adjudicator with the Holy Book of Rules.

Consult the Book of Armaments!
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:50 am

I can live with lawful neutral. I tend to be lazy playing D&D computer games though, so I usually end up as a paladin.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 am

What would I be? Never played DoD before.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:13 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:What would I be? Never played DoD before.

My immediate assessment would be something close to Neutral Good, since you aren't an antagonist in the Off Topics, except when Wyoming is doing something in sports.

--Andy

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,