Conquer Club

EU Elections

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

EU Elections

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon May 26, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm glad they turned out the way they did. There's nothing worse than a bunch of yes-people patting each other on the back. While I am a fan of integration (I would like to see air traffic fully integrated) and austerity, I also like when political strangleholds are loosened. Europe became less like North Korea and more like Syria this past week.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: EU Elections

Postby betiko on Tue May 27, 2014 3:55 am

A fucking disgrace.
I m ashamed to see selfish assholeness all across europe and nationalism rising.
Low lifers should get a bit more education and would need to think before voting.

I voted for the ecology party in france. Ecology treated at a european level would make sense, voting for them on a domestic level is useless.

The nationalists number 1 here with 25%, this is a huge shock and shame for most french.
The same happened everywhere..
Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 27, 2014 4:21 am

At least the crazies still don't have enough seats to give the EU too much of a rattle. Should be just about business as usual.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby betiko on Tue May 27, 2014 4:24 am

mrswdk wrote:At least the crazies still don't have enough seats to give the EU too much of a rattle. Should be just about business as usual.

They are trying to unite but they are too dumb for that.
Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 27, 2014 4:37 am

Those cry babies need a kick up the ass. How do you go about teaching people that their discontent is not someone else's fault? Reinstate military service in every country where one of the clown parties won? Maybe eating squirrels in a forest for 10 weeks would give these people some backbone.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby notyou2 on Tue May 27, 2014 6:20 am

mrswdk wrote:Those cry babies need a kick up the ass. How do you go about teaching people that their discontent is not someone else's fault? Reinstate military service in every country where one of the clown parties won? Maybe eating squirrels in a forest for 10 weeks would give these people some backbone.

Hire the US propaganda machine. Just look how good a job it has done elsewhere in the world.
Captain notyou2

Postby betiko on Tue May 27, 2014 7:11 am

eating squirrels seems fair.

What I hate the most about all this shit is the hypocrisy of the extreme left; basically they want to give more money for the lower classes but they don't want the country to give more money to other europeans that are even more in need, or they want to change the free circulation of workers because eastern europeans work for shit wages and can come over and take "our" jobs.
Major betiko

Postby Donelladan on Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 am

I'm glad they turned out the way they did. There's nothing worse than a bunch of yes-people patting each other on the back. While I am a fan of integration (I would like to see air traffic fully integrated) and austerity, I also like when political strangleholds are loosened. Europe became less like North Korea and more like Syria this past week

I am wondering what do you mean by " I'm glad they turned out the way they did".
Firstly because, what do you know in Canada ( or US, or everywhere else not being EU ) of how they turned out? What are the news in your country? What do you think is the result?
And, then, why are you glad?
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Donelladan on Tue May 27, 2014 7:49 am

What I hate the most about all this shit is the hypocrisy of the extreme left; basically they want to give more money for the lower classes but they don't want the country to give more money to other europeans that are even more in need, or they want to change the free circulation of workers because eastern europeans work for shit wages and can come over and take "our" jobs.

Woow. Seems you know nothing about extrem left.
but they don't want the country to give more money to other europeans that are even more in need

This is not true.
they want to change the free circulation of workers because eastern europeans work for shit wages and can come over and take "our" jobs

This isn't true either. Or you may be referring to some specific extrem left party.
Basically any extrem left party is for the free circulation all over the world, so it includes Europe. Extrem left are usually against borders.
What extrem left want is that all workers in Europe are treated fairly and more or less equally, meaning, anyone working in France should be paid like a French, anyone working in Germany should be paid like a German and so on.
But they definitely are not against free circulation of workers.

Extrem left are totally pro-european, they just want a 100% different Europe. And they are so right on that because it is what want more or less everyone in Europe. And that is why Extrem Right is rising, because, so far, European Union is totally made for the advantage of company, for the advantage of trade, , and very few for the advantage of the people.
If for once european union was really caring of people rather than money, then maybe next time French would stop voting for anti-european party such as the extrem right.
Last edited by Donelladan on Tue May 27, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue May 27, 2014 10:17 am

Donelladan wrote:Extrem left are totally pro-european, they just want a 100% different Europe.

Good one.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue May 27, 2014 10:34 am

Donelladan wrote:
I'm glad they turned out the way they did. There's nothing worse than a bunch of yes-people patting each other on the back. While I am a fan of integration (I would like to see air traffic fully integrated) and austerity, I also like when political strangleholds are loosened. Europe became less like North Korea and more like Syria this past week

I am wondering what do you mean by " I'm glad they turned out the way they did".
Firstly because, what do you know in Canada ( or US, or everywhere else not being EU ) of how they turned out? What are the news in your country? What do you think is the result?
And, then, why are you glad?

In Canada, every major newspaper covered the EU elections.

I use this handy infographic:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6ab558d2-e292-11e3-a829-00144feabdc0.html#axzz32vjU3RA6
to see the results.

I compare that to what I knew of the election results from 2009. (EPP with 274 seats, S+D with 194 seats).

Coming into the election, I was a bit worried that the Euroskeptics hadn't found a Spitzencandidat, but they still managed to get nearly 30% of the vote.

I am glad for precisely the reasons I said - political strangleholds (when any viewpoint takes on a majority that allows it to disregard the wishes of the minorities) are toxic and gave way to the phrase "Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner".
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 am

Nationalism is mostly silly. But then again, I like Captain Kirk, and he has recited the US Constitution a couple of times.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby notyou2 on Wed May 28, 2014 8:01 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Nationalism is mostly silly. But then again, I like Captain Kirk, and he has recited the US Constitution a couple of times.

--Andy

Pretty good for a Canadian eh?
Captain notyou2

Postby Ray Rider on Thu May 29, 2014 2:58 am

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm glad they turned out the way they did. There's nothing worse than a bunch of yes-people patting each other on the back. While I am a fan of integration (I would like to see air traffic fully integrated) and austerity, I also like when political strangleholds are loosened. Europe became less like North Korea and more like Syria this past week.

I'm against bureaucratic behemoths with little accountability to the people they are supposed to represent and I'm in favor of keeping the decision-making/law-making processes as close to the populace as possible which is why I'm generally opposed to the EU. I regularly watch UK MEP Dan Hannan's speeches and read his articles on the Telegraph; plus I enjoy a good Nigel Farrage speech from time to time which is why I'm quite happy with the results of the election. I tend to side with the UK on matters concerning the EU and I believe they tied themselves to a sinking ship in pursuing greater integration with the EU rather than pursuing deeper relations with the countries of the commonwealth + the US. If the much smaller nation of Switzerland can continue to do phenomenally well outside of the EU, there's no reason the UK can't do the same and better.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Pope Joan on Thu May 29, 2014 4:00 am

Ray Rider wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I'm glad they turned out the way they did. There's nothing worse than a bunch of yes-people patting each other on the back. While I am a fan of integration (I would like to see air traffic fully integrated) and austerity, I also like when political strangleholds are loosened. Europe became less like North Korea and more like Syria this past week.

I'm against bureaucratic behemoths with little accountability to the people they are supposed to represent and I'm in favor of keeping the decision-making/law-making processes as close to the populace as possible which is why I'm generally opposed to the EU. I regularly watch UK MEP Dan Hannan's speeches and read his articles on the Telegraph; plus I enjoy a good Nigel Farrage speech from time to time which is why I'm quite happy with the results of the election. I tend to side with the UK on matters concerning the EU and I believe they tied themselves to a sinking ship in pursuing greater integration with the EU rather than pursuing deeper relations with the countries of the commonwealth + the US. If the much smaller nation of Switzerland can continue to do phenomenally well outside of the EU, there's no reason the UK can't do the same and better.

I agree that the EU parliament is a useless behemoth, a freak show costing Euro 2,000,000,000 per year with powers similar to the XV-th century English parliament and accountability similar to Nigerian government. I voted LibDem last week because I am basically pro-EU and the libdems looked like an underdog (and did not get any seats in West Midlands at the end). Nevertheless, I would switch to any at least quarter-serious party that makes an election promise to abolish the EU parliament.
Brigadier Pope Joan

Postby mrswdk on Thu May 29, 2014 4:26 am

Ray Rider wrote:If the much smaller nation of Switzerland can continue to do phenomenally well outside of the EU, there's no reason the UK can't do the same and better.

So you think it's possible for the UK to emulate the Swiss model or what?

'sides, Switzerland isn't exactly a non-participant in the EU. It pays through the nose to get the same access to the common market that EU states get.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby JPcelticfc on Thu May 29, 2014 4:57 am

Lads just be happy you don't live in the north of Ireland. Apparently we elect anyone that shouts "fleg." I yearn for the day there is a united Ireland!!
Major JPcelticfc

Postby mrswdk on Thu May 29, 2014 5:10 am

JPcelticfc wrote:Lads just be happy you don't live in the north of Ireland. Apparently we elect anyone that shouts "fleg." I yearn for the day there is a united Ireland!!

Never gonna happen. At least you can watch the two parts play rugby on the same team.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby JPcelticfc on Thu May 29, 2014 4:19 pm

mrswdk wrote:
JPcelticfc wrote:Lads just be happy you don't live in the north of Ireland. Apparently we elect anyone that shouts "fleg." I yearn for the day there is a united Ireland!!

Never gonna happen. At least you can watch the two parts play rugby on the same team.

It will happen in the future. Perhaps not immediately but in the foreseeable future, say in the next 30-50 years. Changing demographics, Sinn Fein's rise, British disillusionment and unionists parties all tripping over themselves to move further to right makes it inevitable.
Major JPcelticfc

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,