Conquer Club

Rioting in Ferguson

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Rioting in Ferguson

Postby JamesKer1 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:13 am

http://news.yahoo.com/renewed-rioting-k ... 03888.html

FERGUSON Mo. (Reuters) - An uneasy calm settled over Ferguson, Missouri, early Tuesday after a second night of violent clashes between law enforcement and residents protesting the police shooting of an unarmed black teenager, with another demonstration planned for mid-morning.

So far, more than 50 people have been arrested in protests following the death of Michael Brown, 18, in a largely black St. Louis suburb on Saturday after what police officials said was a struggle with a gun in a squad car.

The FBI has opened a civil rights investigation into the racially charged case, and St. Louis County is also investigating the shooting.

Police have not said why Brown was in the police car. At least one shot was fired during the struggle, and then the officer fired more shots before leaving the car, police said.

Chanting "hands up, don’t shoot," protesters overnight challenged police trying to seal off the neighborhood where Brown was shot, a low-income, high-crime area east of downtown Ferguson. Some protesters said they were outraged that Brown appeared to have been shot while holding his hands up in surrender, calling the shooting the latest in a long history of police harassment of area minorities.

"They brought this on themselves," said 25-year-old Adam Burcher of Ferguson, who stood outside the Ferguson Police Department on Monday night with a sign reading "Stop Killing."

Later on Tuesday, a protest is expected outside the St. Louis County prosecutor's office in Clayton, Missouri, and officials are also expected to identify the police officer involved in the shooting.

Brown's family has hired Benjamin Crump, an attorney who represented the family of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager whose fatal shooting in Florida by a neighborhood watch volunteer in 2012 triggered nationwide protests.

"To bring further calm, and for people to have confidence, we need the Justice Department to take over this investigation completely and not rely on the St. Louis police," Crump told CNN in an interview on Tuesday.

Brown’s parents have called for calm, but demonstrations have turned violent. More violence ensued on Monday night as officers in riot gear, armed with rifles and accompanied by dogs tried to secure the area.

Some protesters said they were trying to honor Brown’s memory. A memorial of flowers, notes and candles grew near the apartment building where Brown reportedly was walking to see his grandmother before he became involved with police.

"We aren't going to let this one go," said 18-year-old Dreya Harris of St. Louis. "People feel like in the Trayvon Martin case that there was no justice."

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson has said officers are determined to keep a lid on the simmering tensions.

The expected announcement identifying the officer involved in the shooting also could escalate tensions in an area that has seen a stark demographic shift in recent decades.

Officials, who so far have not disclosed the officer's race, have said the six-year police veteran is on administrative leave pending the investigation. About two-thirds of Ferguson's 21,000-strong population are black, while 50 of the 53 members of its police department members are white.

Most of the communities around Ferguson have gone from white to mostly black in the last 40 years, said Terry Jones, political science professor at University of Missouri-St. Louis.

"There's a long history of racial injustice," said Jones. "Slowly and not so surely, the St. Louis metropolitan area has been trying to figure out a way forward. As the Michael Brown shooting indicates, there are often setbacks."

Sickening. Make the officers wear cameras so that police brutality is all recorded (and therefore the likelihood is diminished), and complaints of police brutality can also easily be looked into and squashed. This incident went way too far.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Re: Rioting in Ferguson

Postby chang50 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:38 am

JamesKer1 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/renewed-rioting-killing-black-missouri-teen-023503888.html

FERGUSON Mo. (Reuters) - An uneasy calm settled over Ferguson, Missouri, early Tuesday after a second night of violent clashes between law enforcement and residents protesting the police shooting of an unarmed black teenager, with another demonstration planned for mid-morning.

So far, more than 50 people have been arrested in protests following the death of Michael Brown, 18, in a largely black St. Louis suburb on Saturday after what police officials said was a struggle with a gun in a squad car.

The FBI has opened a civil rights investigation into the racially charged case, and St. Louis County is also investigating the shooting.

Police have not said why Brown was in the police car. At least one shot was fired during the struggle, and then the officer fired more shots before leaving the car, police said.

Chanting "hands up, don’t shoot," protesters overnight challenged police trying to seal off the neighborhood where Brown was shot, a low-income, high-crime area east of downtown Ferguson. Some protesters said they were outraged that Brown appeared to have been shot while holding his hands up in surrender, calling the shooting the latest in a long history of police harassment of area minorities.

"They brought this on themselves," said 25-year-old Adam Burcher of Ferguson, who stood outside the Ferguson Police Department on Monday night with a sign reading "Stop Killing."

Later on Tuesday, a protest is expected outside the St. Louis County prosecutor's office in Clayton, Missouri, and officials are also expected to identify the police officer involved in the shooting.

Brown's family has hired Benjamin Crump, an attorney who represented the family of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager whose fatal shooting in Florida by a neighborhood watch volunteer in 2012 triggered nationwide protests.

"To bring further calm, and for people to have confidence, we need the Justice Department to take over this investigation completely and not rely on the St. Louis police," Crump told CNN in an interview on Tuesday.

Brown’s parents have called for calm, but demonstrations have turned violent. More violence ensued on Monday night as officers in riot gear, armed with rifles and accompanied by dogs tried to secure the area.

Some protesters said they were trying to honor Brown’s memory. A memorial of flowers, notes and candles grew near the apartment building where Brown reportedly was walking to see his grandmother before he became involved with police.

"We aren't going to let this one go," said 18-year-old Dreya Harris of St. Louis. "People feel like in the Trayvon Martin case that there was no justice."

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson has said officers are determined to keep a lid on the simmering tensions.

The expected announcement identifying the officer involved in the shooting also could escalate tensions in an area that has seen a stark demographic shift in recent decades.

Officials, who so far have not disclosed the officer's race, have said the six-year police veteran is on administrative leave pending the investigation. About two-thirds of Ferguson's 21,000-strong population are black, while 50 of the 53 members of its police department members are white.

Most of the communities around Ferguson have gone from white to mostly black in the last 40 years, said Terry Jones, political science professor at University of Missouri-St. Louis.

"There's a long history of racial injustice," said Jones. "Slowly and not so surely, the St. Louis metropolitan area has been trying to figure out a way forward. As the Michael Brown shooting indicates, there are often setbacks."

Sickening. Make the officers wear cameras so that police brutality is all recorded (and therefore the likelihood is diminished), and complaints of police brutality can also easily be looked into and squashed. This incident went way too far.

Seems hardly a week goes by without some similar incident of police brutality,what a seriously fucked-up country by first world standards.
Captain chang50

Postby Borderdawg on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:52 am

I'm not a big fan of cops, but let's try something new here. Let's actually wait until ALL the facts are in before we condemn anyone.
Asst. Gatekeeper, XI Games.
Corporal Borderdawg

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:58 pm

inb4 betiko says "American cops are evil, nothing justifies that sort of violence" and then proceeds to defend French cops that do the same thing.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby danfrank666 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Borderdawg wrote:I'm not a big fan of cops, but let's try something new here. Let's actually wait until ALL the facts are in before we condemn anyone.

R u saying that the looting is justified ?
Cadet danfrank666

Postby Borderdawg on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:02 pm

danfrank666 wrote:
Borderdawg wrote:I'm not a big fan of cops, but let's try something new here. Let's actually wait until ALL the facts are in before we condemn anyone.

R u saying that the looting is justified ?

Oh, Hell No!! The store owners should be shooting looters and leaving the bodies in the street. I was talking about the cop and the feller he shot. Pretty sure there's more to both sides of this story yet to come. I'm just saying we should wait a few days before we convict the cop or the kid.
Corporal Borderdawg

Postby patches70 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:41 pm

The cop claims he kid attacked him. The cop even yelled "He's coming right at me!" so it's all legal.

The FSA is not pleased at all.
Private patches70

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Amen to that. Appearances can be deceiving. Out of the violent response with the looting and the vandalism and the robberies and the burglaries and the assaults, I want to know how many of those barbarians know what actually happened? Answer: ZERO Maybe the kid was trying PCP for the first time? Maybe the cop had cocaine in his system? How about we find out those things first. Just an idea before tearing down your own neighborhood.

Even if it turns out this cop was a total pig and shot down an innocent person for no reason, that still does not excuse the rioting. If that turns out to be the case, they should rightly so take the riot or at least riot like activities directly to the police station. Granted I'm sure the violence was committed mostly by younger people, opportunists, people who live on feelings and emotions instead of their minds, people who like violence and like to steal and feel entitled to 'racial justice' and people who just realized they could get some free shit and feel justified taking it from a random business based on what one police officer may have done wrong. There is no excuse for any of it, shame on them and the images they are providing of themselves around the world. What would MLK do? NOT this!

This in no way helps their cause, or their seeming demand for immediate justice where we don't even try to figure out what actually happened, just throw whoever is accused of anything straight to jail to appease the mob.
Major Phatscotty

Postby patches70 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:49 pm

Hey, now this is just me thinking out loud, OK? So don't no one go popping a blood vessel and start mashing keys to yell at me.

The rioting, it's easy to say- "Oh, look at all those idiots!" and pass judgement. Heck, I basically agree, but it's not the rioting that's the problem here.

We are bombarded constantly about "American Freedom", of how wealthy we are, of how we've turned it around from the near crash and it's bullshit.

We see this stuff on the TV and we ask "How can these people do this?" It's the wrong question. The right question is "Were all these people just waiting for an excuse?"

The government think tanks have been thinking long and hard about that latter question. It's why our police are now well militarized. It's why the department of education needs to buy hundreds of small arms and millions of rounds of ammunition. It's why homeland security is moving programs to get military APC's to as many police districts as they can. It's why we passed things like the NDAA, have a nation wide meta data gathering program spying on virtually every American on the planet.

I could go on and on, but what you all should be wondering about is what is brewing under the surface in our society. There are people, I have no way of knowing how many, possibly millions, who are just waiting for something. Waiting for a chance to release all the pent up anger, all that frustration.
Sure, one can say they shouldn't have that anger and frustration, but that's easier said than done. Sure we can lay blame, it's the government's fault, it's republican's fault, it's democrat's fault, whatever and whomever one would like to blame, but it doesn't just magically make what it is that is boiling underneath our society go away.

I don't know how to fix it and I don't even know what to call what it is that I'm talking about or how to explain it correctly. But it's there, it manifested itself in Ferguson and it'll manifest again soon enough somewhere else. It's not just about race, or creed, or economic standing, or missed opportunities, or lost opportunities, or discrimination, or bigotry, or class warfare, or political divides. Those all those things contribute. I don't know exactly what it is, but there are other things that contribute that one may not consider, like boredom. Respect, apathy, lack of empathy, toss that into the mix as well.

It's a sickness is the best way I can describe it, but even that isn't right either. I dunno, but I can't see a way to reverse whatever this is. Ferguson is just a little place of maybe 20,000 people. Imagine an LA or NYC going nuts like this. When millions of people one day say "f*ck the police, f*ck the system, f*ck you" and then just let loose all that pent up what-ever-it-is inside them.
We can have the police crack down. We can get harsher with these people, but it only increases whatever this thing is, infects more people.

We like to boil it all down to "racism" and make it a black vs white thing or a rich vs poor thing, but it goes much deeper than that I think. And by trying to simplify whatever this is only feeds whatever this is. I am really starting to think that for all the talk about how free and how great and how bless the US is, deep down we are a very sick nation and I have no idea what the cure is.

I dunno, I'm just musing is all. If it all burns down, it's OK, I got plenty of marshmallows. But it saddens me to see how we've squandered the blessings we've had. Such is human nature I suppose. Maybe some of you who are more eloquent can explain it better.
But those think tanks I mentioned earlier? They understand what I'm trying to say here, and they are preparing the only way they know how. Will it matter? I guess time will tell and when that time comes, it'll be very hard to tell who are the "good guys" and who are the "bad guys". IMO. As in, tell me, who is the "good guys" and who is the "bad guys" in this picture-

Private patches70

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:44 am

I have been following the rash of unjustifiable police shootings over the last year in New Mexico, I think the total is up to 21. Almost all of the victims were white, some Hispanics, only a few blacks. It ranges all the way from homeless people being shot in the back to sticking a cattle prod up a guy's ass to a certain police officer who has shot 3 people in the last year and has been found to have tinkered with his dash cam each time. Anyways, none of it made national news as it happened.

This is the closest it got to anything 'violent' or any crimes being committed, and I think this is the way many similar cases should be reacted to.
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:13 am

patches70 wrote:Hey, now this is just me thinking out loud, OK? So don't no one go popping a blood vessel and start mashing keys to yell at me.

The rioting, it's easy to say- "Oh, look at all those idiots!" and pass judgement. Heck, I basically agree, but it's not the rioting that's the problem here.

We are bombarded constantly about "American Freedom", of how wealthy we are, of how we've turned it around from the near crash and it's bullshit.

We see this stuff on the TV and we ask "How can these people do this?" It's the wrong question. The right question is "Were all these people just waiting for an excuse?"

The government think tanks have been thinking long and hard about that latter question. It's why our police are now well militarized. It's why the department of education needs to buy hundreds of small arms and millions of rounds of ammunition. It's why homeland security is moving programs to get military APC's to as many police districts as they can. It's why we passed things like the NDAA, have a nation wide meta data gathering program spying on virtually every American on the planet.

I could go on and on, but what you all should be wondering about is what is brewing under the surface in our society. There are people, I have no way of knowing how many, possibly millions, who are just waiting for something.
Waiting for a chance to release all the pent up anger, all that frustration.

I doubt that's the main reason why police are becoming increasingly militarized in the US. You can make similar (and practically unfalsifiable claims) about an unseen, potential mob lurking in the shadows within every Western country, but you see different types of police forces across countries. (if I had to guess, the US has the most militarized police force for a country of its wealth).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby shickingbrits on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:02 am

Oh the poor beleaguered USG! After systematically denying justice for their atrocities to the people, denying access to civil disobedience and arming themselves to the teeth, they must face the disordered mob.

The uppity citizens who dare to challenge the erosion of their rights, can't they understand that the USG is just leashing their natural hostility? Whoa to those citizens who have forced the USG to reaffirm the modern meaning of freedom, justice and security.

Is it not the unruly mob that has forced the government to subvert democracy, infiltrate peaceful protest, frustrate grassroots movements and quash the only remaining outlet of expression? After the police "helped" that boy, this is the thanks?

Let's take further pre-emptive measures. If it's the natural tendency of the mob to seek injustice, seek imprisonment and disrupt security, why should the USG suffer for it? Perhaps we should enact pre-emptive prolonged detention so that the "good" people of delicate sensibility aren't burdened with the dilemma of deciphering right from wrong.

Sergeant shickingbrits

Postby danfrank666 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:54 am

This is my juvenile statement. For whatever it maybe You and i , the people of the U S are the ones being attacked. Just one example , the devaluing of the currency ( although its been going on for decades) has really been ramped up the past 4 years or so. Devaluing the currency really hurts us all , but more specifically the poor. The poor they are the monkey in the middle . So with all the spying and the militarizing of the police , is it truly to subdue the revolutionized people of america ? Is the populous going to turn so violent that we the people need to be herded into concentration camps ? Thats was a great point , whats under our society thats waiting to boil over ?

I believe the seeds are being planted for world war III , I also believe that there is going to be more than just two sides.

thought incomplete but need to run :shock:
Cadet danfrank666

Postby oVo on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:38 pm

chang50 wrote:Seems hardly a week goes by without some similar incident of police brutality,what a seriously fucked-up country by first world standards.

This wasn't Police Brutality, it was the use of excessive and deadly force.

Don't know the whole story of the incident, beyond an abuse of authority, bad judgement and an unnecessary death. Now more unnecessary abuse carried out against a neighborhood by it's occupants.
Major oVo

Postby spurgistan on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:50 am

oVo wrote:
chang50 wrote:Seems hardly a week goes by without some similar incident of police brutality,what a seriously fucked-up country by first world standards.

This wasn't Police Brutality, it was the use of excessive and deadly force.

Don't know the whole story of the incident, beyond an abuse of authority, bad judgement and an unnecessary death. Now more unnecessary abuse carried out against a neighborhood by it's occupants.

So what is police brutality, if shooting an unarmed teenager (reportedly) with his hands up 35 feet away isn't it?
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby DaGip on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:51 am

Didn't the "protestors" start to loot and damage businesses? Doesn't that go from protesting to rioting?

I think once protestors turn into rioters and begin to steal and vandalize property, the police have a right to protect the city.

Does that mean reporters need to be arrested and bullied? No. That's a different issue.

But Rachel Maddow summed up what I was thinking a few days ago about the Bunker Hill incident:

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Context is important.

There were 387 police officers killed in the line of duty last year, and 148 people were shot by police in the line of duty. The number of people shot by police has been getting lower and lower every year.

Overall, 15,000 people were murdered last year. An overwhelming majority murdered were black, and an overwhelming majority of the murderers were black.
Major Phatscotty

Postby shickingbrits on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:25 pm

How many of the 387 were killed by accident?
Sergeant shickingbrits

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:23 pm

IDK, but I know the police response and the images of them are disturbing, as well as the reality the police know exactly what kind of message it's sending to the American public as well as the world.

Yes, the police are in a tight spot. I'm sure part of their strategy is that wherever they make a show of their force, that's gonna attract a certain % of protesters, but that can go both ways too, but what kind of riots will the police have on their hands if a riot breaks out and the rest of everyone elses businesses and houses are looted and trashed and burned to the ground?

I mean, the police can't just go away either right? They are still supposed to be protecting the neighborhoods as local businesses as well.

If people can't do business somewhere, then there are going to be less and less jobs available, creating more and more difficulty and poverty for community families, so really this is a lose/lose situation, even if there is any kind of justice to be served once the events are known.

Must be on pins n needles on the street corners of Ferguson. I have been checking youtube for new kinds of videos purported to be from Ferguson over the last few days on youtube. I can't post them here, but it seems like a lot of random black on white violence. I gotta say, a group of people picking out a person by color of skin and assaulting them violently is much further down the line...unless you believe that ALL cops look for certain colored people and then for no reason whatsoever immediately assault them violently.
Major Phatscotty

Postby patches70 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:28 am

PS, forget the riots for a second, I'll tell you what's happened from the beginning to the end. The cops have already started to lie, to coverup, but that's all been blown now.

Mike Brown and his buddy are walking down the street. For reasons unknown, a police officer driving along slows and harasses the two youths. Neither was armed, neither were doing anything illegal that we know about. The police officer told them to get on the sidewalk as he drove by. Now it is unclear exactly why the police officer stopped, reversed and the following happened. Maybe the Brown and his friend flicked the cop off, or told him to go f*ck himself, I don't know.

But, the police officer hit the brakes, backed up, reached through his open window and grabbed Mike Brown by the neck. Brown pulled himself away and the cop opened his door and grabbed Brown's arm. The door flew open, struck Brown and the door flew back and struck the cop. This pissed the cop off and this is the extent of Brown's "assaulting a police officer".

The cop half exited his vehicle, drew his weapon while he still had a hold of Brown's arm and said "Stop or I'll shoot you!" and then the cop shot Brown once. Brown then gets free from the cop and Brown and his friend run, Brown is bleeding at this point. The cop now exits his vehicle completely, aims his weapon and fires at least once more. Brown's friend ducked behind a parked car in fear for his life. Brown is struck again by the second shot.

At this point, Brown who is shot twice, stops, raises his arms and the cop proceeds to shoot him eight more times, killing Brown.

Now, the police officer did not call the shooting in. We now have the leaked dispatch tapes in which the dispatch learns of the shooting because witnesses called it in. Dispatch then attempts to find out what is going on and Ferguson police have no idea that there has been a shooting.

The police officer who shot Brown not only didn't call the shooting in, he did not call EMT or any rescue services.

Now at this point, after the preliminary facts come out, there are protests (understandably so) and the protests turn to rioting. The police initially were unprepared.

The rioting stopped. The protests did not. The police got their shit together and came out full force, riot gear, armored trucks, machine guns, etc etc, but by then the riots had stopped, but not the protests which were contrary to some reports, peaceful. The police at this point restrict airspace so that news choppers are not allowed, the arrest reporters, etc etc.

Sure, some stuff got looted, burned down, but by the time the police actually came in hard core, the riots were already over and the police cracked down on protesters who raised their hands yelling "Don't shoot!" The reason they are doing this is because that's what Brown did before the cop shot him eight more times.

The governor who is aware of what happened, more so than what is being reported, is pissed. Not at the protesters, but at the cops and how they handled it. Hopefully, the governor isn't going to let the cops cover this up, which is what it appears they were attempting before all hell broke loose. Now the cat's out the bag, the cop who shot Brown could very well face murder charges (and if the information that I have is correct, he will).

The militarized police have been withdrawn, on the governor's orders no less, and it's just regular police on station now. No riot gear, just making sure that the protests don't get out of hand, at the moment. The people in Ferguson are pissed, rightfully so, and the protests aren't going to end anytime soon. Not until something is ruled about the shooting and if it goes coverup then TSHTF.

We'll see I suppose, soon enough. But if it turns out that the cop did what witnesses say he did, then the absolutely worst thing that could be done is to whitewash it all and cover it up and give the cop a slap on the wrist. If that happens, then f*ck the police. And if the news gets out wide spread of what happened, well, what do you think, PS? If the shooting went down how I described it above, what would you think?
Private patches70

Postby patches70 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:40 am

Another thing to appreciate, PS, take a look at this picture-

This is the cops in Ferguson last night-

This is the cops tonight-

The cops in both pictures are facing the same thing, here is a picture-

And that's what the cops in the fist picture had to get all riot geared out and tear gas. That is not rioting, that is not looting, that is flat out simple protesting, and this is what the cops last night faced and felt that they had to be decked out like soldiers in Iraq with armored APC's and tear gas.

The riots were over, but the anger is still there.
Private patches70

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:46 am

patches70 wrote:PS, forget the riots for a second, I'll tell you what's happened from the beginning to the end. The cops have already started to lie, to coverup, but that's all been blown now.

Mike Brown and his buddy are walking down the street. For reasons unknown, a police officer driving along slows and harasses the two youths. Neither was armed, neither were doing anything illegal that we know about. The police officer told them to get on the sidewalk as he drove by. Now it is unclear exactly why the police officer stopped, reversed and the following happened. Maybe the Brown and his friend flicked the cop off, or told him to go f*ck himself, I don't know.

But, the police officer hit the brakes, backed up, reached through his open window and grabbed Mike Brown by the neck. Brown pulled himself away and the cop opened his door and grabbed Brown's arm. The door flew open, struck Brown and the door flew back and struck the cop. This pissed the cop off and this is the extent of Brown's "assaulting a police officer".

The cop half exited his vehicle, drew his weapon while he still had a hold of Brown's arm and said "Stop or I'll shoot you!" and then the cop shot Brown once. Brown then gets free from the cop and Brown and his friend run, Brown is bleeding at this point. The cop now exits his vehicle completely, aims his weapon and fires at least once more. Brown's friend ducked behind a parked car in fear for his life. Brown is struck again by the second shot.

At this point, Brown who is shot twice, stops, raises his arms and the cop proceeds to shoot him eight more times, killing Brown.

Now, the police officer did not call the shooting in. We now have the leaked dispatch tapes in which the dispatch learns of the shooting because witnesses called it in. Dispatch then attempts to find out what is going on and Ferguson police have no idea that there has been a shooting.

The police officer who shot Brown not only didn't call the shooting in, he did not call EMT or any rescue services.

Now at this point, after the preliminary facts come out, there are protests (understandably so) and the protests turn to rioting. The police initially were unprepared.

The rioting stopped. The protests did not. The police got their shit together and came out full force, riot gear, armored trucks, machine guns, etc etc, but by then the riots had stopped, but not the protests which were contrary to some reports, peaceful. The police at this point restrict airspace so that news choppers are not allowed, the arrest reporters, etc etc.

Sure, some stuff got looted, burned down, but by the time the police actually came in hard core, the riots were already over and the police cracked down on protesters who raised their hands yelling "Don't shoot!" The reason they are doing this is because that's what Brown did before the cop shot him eight more times.

The governor who is aware of what happened, more so than what is being reported, is pissed. Not at the protesters, but at the cops and how they handled it. Hopefully, the governor isn't going to let the cops cover this up, which is what it appears they were attempting before all hell broke loose. Now the cat's out the bag, the cop who shot Brown could very well face murder charges (and if the information that I have is correct, he will).

The militarized police have been withdrawn, on the governor's orders no less, and it's just regular police on station now. No riot gear, just making sure that the protests don't get out of hand, at the moment. The people in Ferguson are pissed, rightfully so, and the protests aren't going to end anytime soon. Not until something is ruled about the shooting and if it goes coverup then TSHTF.

We'll see I suppose, soon enough. But if it turns out that the cop did what witnesses say he did, then the absolutely worst thing that could be done is to whitewash it all and cover it up and give the cop a slap on the wrist. If that happens, then f*ck the police. And if the news gets out wide spread of what happened, well, what do you think, PS? If the shooting went down how I described it above, what would you think?

If it went down the way you described, then that' about as unjustifiable, illegal, PIG as it gets! They are screwing up by not letting any information out to the public or at least taking so long to do so, and some of the continued anger can rightly so be blamed for that. And what you say about the cop driving by and then braking and reversing the car, makes me think of exactly what the dash cam isn't seeing.

What I have been wanting to say is that there needs to be a new kind of leader, on both sides, with a large national following of people with discipline and have goals. The response by both sides was way over the top. Then the Governor is doing the right thing, and I don't have any beef at all with the peaceful protest, not even with the out of hand protests to a certain extent. Like I said it's a lose lose, no matter what happened, no matter if true Justice is served or not. The response to the event, on both sides, has become the event. Sad as that may be, I'm not sure either side really cares what the truth is. I heard the story from the witnesses, who also remain unnamed to my knowledge. I want to see and know who the witnesses are before I take their story into account.

We'll see what happens next I guess. Maybe things have taken a turn for the better as you point out. Let's hope so
Major Phatscotty

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:55 am

Saxi hasn't said anything about Ferguson at all, so out of desperation I had to turn on CNN tonight.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Borderdawg on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:14 am

patches70 wrote:PS, forget the riots for a second, I'll tell you what's happened from the beginning to the end. The cops have already started to lie, to coverup, but that's all been blown now.

This makes no sense. Brown was a good sized man, and it would be both difficult and awkward to grab him by the neck from inside a car. Grabbing him by the wrist or belt would have been much more effective.

Again, this doesn't sound quite right. These actions would put the cop in danger, and as a six year veteran, you'd think he'd know better.
I'm beginning to think there were no innocents here. Browns friend has obviously been coached on how to speak to the media, so I don't have a lot of faith in his version, and I doubt I'll trust the police version much more. I'm thinking that both parties were likely at fault. A tragic death caused by both men's stupidity.

I think there a lot of "If's and Maybe's" that need answers before anyone can present an informed opinion yet.
Corporal Borderdawg

Postby shickingbrits on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:52 am

Definition - Borderdawg:

N., a person who found other means of sanctioned ugliness after their police academy application was rejected.

I'm not saying that is who you are, but it's the impression I take from your name (and posts).
Sergeant shickingbrits

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,