Conquer Club

Dancing on the street in NY? Prepare for police harassment!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dancing on the street in NY? Prepare for police harassm

Postby _sabotage_ on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Well, going with that means it's not as mathematically trivial. If we add those on parole or awaiting trial, it's even less so.

Which of the countries that I gave figures for do you feel are less free than the US?
Metsfanmax
Killing a human should not be worse than killing a pig.

It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to defend their core beliefs.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:46 am

_sabotage_ wrote:Prison Population per 100,000

Sweden 80
Japan 51
Denmark 73
Germany 78
France 103
England 148
Australia 143
Canada 118

US 707

What could be done to make the US as bad as England, instead of 5 times worse?

Obese government is edified by obese list of laws. The greater the responsibility of the government, the greater the authority. The greater the authority, the more authority is likely to be used, the more people wind up sucked into the system and can be thrown in jail/prison for giving a cloudy urine sample.

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

I can't give a real answer to your Q, never been to any of those countries other than Canada. But I highly suspect if UK had same/similar laws on drugs as US does, and UK shared a border with a country between the source and the demand, they probably would have a lot more prisoners. And it's not just the drugs and the laws against them that land people in prison, it's also what people do in order to be in the position to control the drug, the arrogance that usually comes with controlling a drug and easy money, ego in thinking that person is better or richer than everyone else, jealousy from others who recognize it takes no skill, just force and the will to use it, along with the necessity of the dope game, which is to speak, act, and live as if you don't give a shit about anything and let everyone else know the laws against drugs, theft, murder, prostitution, don't matter one bit to them.
Major Phatscotty

Postby KoolBak on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:34 am

Well said phatty.... :D
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby _sabotage_ on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am

Come now, are you attributing my dealing days to use of force? I never had a weapon, nor struck a blow in any deal I ever did. I did deals for tens of thousands of US$ and had zero protection because: I made at least 100% profit on any deal I made. It was far better for me to let the profit go, because I could do another one pretty soon, if not dead.

I never got cheated on a big deal, because I always gave people ample opportunity to cheat me on a small one. Cheated meant fronting a guy who I would never see again. For me, that was a cheap way to get rid of a bad customer.

I understand that not all dealers are like this, but my point is that selling drugs, in other countries where it is also illegal, is much less violent, but this comes from the place, not the act.

The crew I used to roll with were all executed in China, so there is a severe penalty to consider. So it's not the act that encourages violence, or the penalty.

I would say it is the method of enforcement and the US legal system. We target low level offenders and hit them with harsh penalties and then rerelease them. We have a massive snitch industry, private prison industry, legal industry, enforcement industry. We have a Broadway theatre and need to put on shows and created a system that feeds the shows right through.

Around a decade ago, the UK reclassified weed, but I think it has been classified back as class A(which is no guarantee of quality). The penal system is more focused on reducing recidivism, which at 90% within the first year of release in the US is shocking. They have a clearer parole system, with less benefits/risks associated with snitches. I would say they have a better informed public as well, and by this I mean they appreciate skillful debate more.

The police have harsher restrictions against use of force.

In short they have actually thought the issue through a little bit and not been allowed to rampantly increase prison populations.
Metsfanmax

It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to defend their core beliefs.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:20 pm

_sabotage_ wrote:Come now, are you attributing my dealing days to use of force?

Nope. Like I said I haven't been to China, or wherever you made your deals. I was just relating my experience in my country in my city proportionate with sharing a border with a certain country with certain realities as to a contributing factor in regards to our prison population.

Where I stand on the issue is and always has been crystal clear

_sabotage_ wrote:I never had a weapon, nor struck a blow in any deal I ever did. I did deals for tens of thousands of US$ and had zero protection because: I made at least 100% profit on any deal I made. It was far better for me to let the profit go, because I could do another one pretty soon, if not dead.

But you did go to prison, didn't ya? Did you do a deal with 'the system' too?

Phatscotty wrote:Government legalization is the last thing you guys should want. What's the big problem with the way pot is treated now anyways? The price has went down, you can get the shit anywhere, there are no taxes.....sure, you can go to jail or get a ticket, but seriously, does anyone here know someone who is in jail for smoking a joint?

WTF????

The better answer, IMO, is to decriminalize marijuana. Get the government OUT of it. Basically, the exact same argument I have been making about marriage.

_sabotage_ wrote:I spent 5 years 9 months and 21 days in jail for marijuana and only marijuana, 9 ounces. The government informed my family that I was arrested with 250 kg of heroin.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=180810&hilit=decriminalize

So what's the real story with the 250kg heroin?
Major Phatscotty

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:46 am

The guy I was selling to got caught with 9 ounces of hash. 9 ounces is a 1/4 kilo, or 250g.

The US consulate took the number and "mistakingly" added a k before the g and changed it to heroin from hash. When I asked them about this, they said, what's the difference?

Well, obviously there was a difference if they bothered changing it.

No, I didn't strike a deal.
Metsfanmax

Captain _sabotage_

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:45 pm

So, really that prison time was for a bunch of heroin (you didn't have) and not really for some hash...?

anyways, back on topic

No Federal Charges Expected Against Darren Wilson
http://www.npr.org/2015/01/22/379157142 ... ren-wilson

Just curious, what does this mean to people who participated in 'die in' demonstrations at shopping malls

What does this mean to college professors who gave students extra credit to protest something there is no evidence happened?

What does this mean to the women who got runned over protesting 'hands up, don't shoot' in Minneapolis?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Free speech means that your protest doesn't actually have to be legally rational or anything like that.

I can quite happily paint a picket with "Liberians are stupid". Liberians are seldom stupid (most are well read and intelligent), nor does the law support my assertion that they are. That has no bearing on my protest (other than me being identifiable as a bit of a moron, but free speech mother fuckerz!!!)
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:14 pm

No, the prison time was for hash that the guy had and claimed was from me. The consulate got it wrong, not Macau.
Metsfanmax

Captain _sabotage_

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,