Conquer Club

Can you beat me in typing speed?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Can you beat me in typing speed?

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:34 pm

How fast are you at typing? I type more than 40 words a minute, according to this test: http://www.jonmiles.co.uk/fingerjig.php

The average score for Fingerjig is 476,983. If you can beat this then you're doing well!

I got 1,066,280 points.

The test is in six parts; there's no use taking a screen shot of the result from the first part only, as it is too easy.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:37 pm

Why would I care?
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Nickbaldwin on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:43 pm

No I couldnt :( I couldnt even be bothered to go all the way through :P
Captain Nickbaldwin

Postby Phobia on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:57 pm

not good enough. what caughted me out often is that the words are from an american dictionary. so, words such as civilization came up, but here in the uk we spell it as civilisation!

Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:38 pm

Phobia wrote:not good enough. what caughted me out often is that the words are from an american dictionary. so, words such as civilization came up, but here in the uk we spell it as civilisation!

Hehe. And I am from Sweden. :D
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby debra79 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:50 pm

Phobia wrote:not good enough. what caughted me out often is that the words are from an american dictionary. so, words such as civilization came up, but here in the uk we spell it as civilisation!

Don't know how that all works then, seeing as it's a UK website :S

According to real typing test websites I type more than 60 words per minute. I only got somewhere in the 500,000 mark for this test. What I found interesting was that when the words contained letters only from the right half of the keyboard, my wpm went down to 22, and then when it was just letters from the left side, went up to over 50. Wonder if that's because I'm left handed?
Corporal debra79

Postby Colaalone on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:05 pm

1,811,401,645... not bad I guess.
Luis Buñuel wrote:In the name of hypocrites,
doctors have invented the most exquisite form of
torture ever known to man: survival.
Cook Colaalone

Location: Checking into a Las Vegas hotel with the intent of committing capital fraud and a head full of acid

Postby Norse on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:12 pm

lol, it is spelt civilization in england
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Nickbaldwin on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:29 pm

debra79 wrote:

Don't know how that all works then, seeing as it's a UK website :S

According to real typing test websites I type more than 60 words per minute. I only got somewhere in the 500,000 mark for this test. What I found interesting was that when the words contained letters only from the right half of the keyboard, my wpm went down to 22, and then when it was just letters from the left side, went up to over 50. Wonder if that's because I'm left handed?

I got that aswell, and I'm left handed too.
Captain Nickbaldwin

Postby debra79 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:33 pm

Norse wrote:lol, it is spelt civilization in england
Not according to dictionary.co.uk: civilization, UK USUALLY civilisation
Corporal debra79

Postby dwightschrute on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:34 pm

it wont let me do it.
Festivus for the rest of us.
-Frank Castanza

Cook dwightschrute

Postby dwightschrute on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:36 pm

but i can type like 80 words per minute
-Frank Castanza

Cook dwightschrute

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:44 pm

Does it really matter how fast someone can type, unless they are going to work for the Television Captioning company?

Everything else is done on shorthand typewriters, which are totally different.

If you can type as fast as some of you say, my solution is step away from the keyboard, go outside and get some air!
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby debra79 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:49 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:Does it really matter how fast someone can type, unless they are going to work for the Television Captioning company?
There are many jobs that require you to have fast data entry speeds, especially in the Accounting field, which I work in!

Anarkistsdream wrote:Everything else is done on shorthand typewriters, which are totally different.
I've never even seen a shorthand typewriter, much less used one. They are generally reserved for court clerks.

Anarkistsdream wrote:If you can type as fast as some of you say, my solution is step away from the keyboard, go outside and get some air!
I learnt how to type fast in Advanced Keyboarding in High School over 10 years ago. It's a skill once learnt, never forgotten. So no, thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I will step away from the keyboard. I get plenty enough air.
Corporal debra79

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:55 pm

debra79 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:Does it really matter how fast someone can type, unless they are going to work for the Television Captioning company?
There are many jobs that require you to have fast data entry speeds, especially in the Accounting field, which I work in!

Anarkistsdream wrote:Everything else is done on shorthand typewriters, which are totally different.
I've never even seen a shorthand typewriter, much less used one. They are generally reserved for court clerks.

Anarkistsdream wrote:If you can type as fast as some of you say, my solution is step away from the keyboard, go outside and get some air!
I learnt how to type fast in Advanced Keyboarding in High School over 10 years ago. It's a skill once learnt, never forgotten. So no, thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I will step away from the keyboard. I get plenty enough air.

Touché, my dear!!! Well spoken... And I have seen several other occupations aside from court clerks who use shorthand typewriters... Many other people in the law field, as well as some in the medical field.

And you took a typing class... That makes sense. They didn't have that when I was in high school... :wink:
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby debra79 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:58 pm

It was part of a computer class, we didn't type on the old school typewriters...I'm not that old! :lol:
Corporal debra79

Postby dwightschrute on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:00 pm

Everything else is done on shorthand typewriters, which are totally different.

If you can type as fast as some of you say, my solution is step away from the keyboard, go outside and get some air!
i do that a lot, but we took all this typing stuff in school and i dont do 80 i was jk.
-Frank Castanza

Cook dwightschrute

Postby Phobia on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:14 pm

debra79 wrote:
Norse wrote:lol, it is spelt civilization in england
Not according to dictionary.co.uk: civilization, UK USUALLY civilisation

yeah, anything ending in -zation or similar, is always -sation in uk

analyze - analyse
apologize - apologise
authorize - authorise
capitalize - capitalise

and so on and so on

i think the misleading thing is the game civilization, it is just spelt like that in the uk
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby debra79 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:26 pm

yeah, anything ending in -zation or similar, is always -sation in uk
It's the same in Australia, oddly enough :wink: But I did a double-take when someone from the UK would post that people from the UK spell words with a z, instead of an s.
Corporal debra79

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:48 am

basically I type on an actual typing application 165 words per minute. I couldnt get shit for points because I was actually typing too fast for it to log my typing that I was doing it'd miss a letter at the beginning because I was going to fast for the typing aplication and count the entire word as wrong so I got a fairly low score.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby alex_white101 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:18 am

Colaalone wrote:Image

1,811,401,645... not bad I guess.

lmao
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby debra79 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:20 am

reverend_kyle wrote:basically I type on an actual typing application 165 words per minute.
I don't see how that is physically possible, I'd like to see you prove it :)
Corporal debra79

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:23 am

debra79 wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:basically I type on an actual typing application 165 words per minute.
I don't see how that is physically possible, I'd like to see you prove it :)

I'm a pretty amazing typer. 165 would be my technical max and it takes quite a bit of practice to achieve but I have acheived it 2 or 3 times. My high normal is about 135 and my regular without really thinking about it is between 90 and 100.

I don't have a typing thing on my computer so I will screenshot it next september when i'm back in school.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby debra79 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:16 am

There are plenty of free typing tests you can do online. Go and find one and come back with the results. I would like you to validate your statement that you can type 135 words per minute, because that's just Ripley's material!
Corporal debra79

Postby Balsiefen on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:47 am

:shock: wow, i only got 59461

then again i am dyspraxic ( cant even spell it)
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,