Conquer Club

Tall buildings

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Tall buildings

Postby waauw on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:15 am

DaGip wrote:This?
Click image to enlarge.

over This?

Click image to enlarge.

Only the Antichrist would say such a thing.

well, I think it is indeed hideous when skyscrapers are scattered about, but if you press many of 'm together like in New-York or Shanghai they do seem quite beautiful.

Additionally, in some parts of europe especially Belgium and the Netherlands, skyscrapers should become more common. It's completely ridiculous to keep forbidding the construction of sky scrapers on so many places when the country is so densely populated.

JBlombier wrote:About these church towers waauw mentions. In Utrecht, where I live, we have the Dom Tower. It used to be part of the Dom Church, but after a storm long ago they were separated. This is now the symbol for Utrecht, with its 112 meters in height. Because it is our symbol and we value that, no other building in Utrecht is allowed to be higher than 111 meters! I think that's awesome and I hope they will never change that law.

Same here where I live, Lier:

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby mrswdk on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:40 am

saxitoxin wrote:
JBlombier wrote:About these church towers waauw mentions. In Utrecht, where I live, we have the Dom Tower. It used to be part of the Dom Church, but after a storm long ago they were separated.

Is there a bar at the top?

JBlombier wrote:This is now the symbol for Utrecht, with its 112 meters in height. Because it is our symbol and we value that, no other building in Utrecht is allowed to be higher than 111 meters! I think that's awesome and I hope they will never change that law.

According to Wikipedia, until 1984 no building in Philadelphia could be taller than the statue of William Penn. And then things went to hell. So keep the Dom Tower safe from mrswdk and her minions.

I think the new Crab Shack will fit nicely onto the 2nd floor of the skyscraper that will shortly be constructed on top of the old Crab Shack.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:04 am

crispybits wrote:Here I was thinking the Greeks invented skyscrapers, after all they invented everything else (including fire and God)

notyou2 wrote:That Chicago 10 story sky scraper was designed by a McGill University Graduate

I thought McGill University invented God.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby crispybits on Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:39 am

Ah yes but the Greeks invented McGill University...
Major crispybits

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:32 pm

crispybits wrote:Ah yes but the Greeks invented McGill University...

Frat boys?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:17 pm

DaGip wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
mrswdk wrote:I was drinking in a bar on the 118th floor of a skyscraper tonight. The view was epic. Tall buildings are cool, everyone knows it.

Agreed. They're also a testament to how awesome we are. f*ck the ground, it's dirty.

-TG

f*ck the ground?

Major Phatscotty

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,