Conquer Club

Are you a nomophobe?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which OT regular is most likely to be a smartphone limpet?

Total votes : 0

Re: Are you a nomophobe?

Postby khazalid on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:42 am

i'm a bad ambassador
for that elusive place
you're searching for
i wanna show you so much more
but maybe some other time...

- neil hannon

in other words, i am unfamiliar with your ambassadorial demaracations
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby KoolBak on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:23 am

notyou2 wrote:We decided to put a box at the door and make all the guests deposit their phones upon entering when we entertain.

Your entertainees must really trust / like you....that would kill most functions I am aware of :lol: More effective, however, than taking keys to assure no one drives hammered....no one would leave without thier lifeline....lol.

That is, however, one of the reasons I love camping in the boonies....absolutely NO cell service for 40+ miles :twisted:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby RiskTycoon on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:29 am

KoolBak wrote:I consolidated everything to my (windows) phone.....used to have home line, personal land line and 3 business lines.....all into my cell now. Also my email / etc is avail tere so if I am away from the shop, I am LOST without my phone. If I run to the store and forget it, I seriously have withdrawl anxiety.....stupid but true.....DO NOT want to miss orders / calls from customers / or from my kids if they need me.....could give a squirt of piss about anything else :lol:

What pisses me off are those that just CANNOT put the fooking thing down for texting / facebag / that bullshit, even when driving or having a conversation....I've knocked phones out of peoples hands several times....sure gets a response :lol:

I threw mine out the window driving down route 3A once for the reason that customers kept calling me and driving me bananas! I DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR YOU, stop calling me! And now your bid just went up astronomically! They accepted it anyway... of course. can't even bid myself out of a job....

Then i got married and had kids. Now I have a phone again...... dang. But as long as the family is happy I could do without easily.
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby KoolBak on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:13 pm

:lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby macbone on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:31 pm

I have a cheap Sony Ericsson smart phone, and honestly, I don't really care whether I have it with me when I leave my house or not. I hate to part with my ipod, though. I don't check it constantly, but I use it to browse the web, listen to music, and play games. I don't leave home without it. =)
Colonel macbone

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,