Conquer Club

This thread is about cars

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: This thread is about cars

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Purple Pacer Power
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Skoffin on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 am

It's Thursday, bitches!

Ferrarri's are fucking shit.
Though some do look pretty.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby karel on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:36 am

riskllama wrote:
betiko wrote:this is the real shit

neat looking car, betty - what is it? not sure how i feel about the exposed rivets, tho.

karel wrote:im in the middle of restoring my 67 plymouth fury vip fastback,going to be sweet ride when all done.2 door fast top with 383

i think that's the only decent thing you've ever said on here, karel...

eat shit
Corporal karel

Postby karel on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:41 am

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ ... tion=click

what the car looked like in 67,sad thing is thats the color of my car,lol
Corporal karel

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:31 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Image

Hillbilly
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:31 am

karel wrote:https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=pics+of+1967+plymouth+fury+vip+2+door+fastback&fr2=sp-qrw-corr-top&imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi0.wp.com%2Fwww.curbsideclassic.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2F1967-Plymouth-Fury-04-05.jpg%3Fresize%3D558%252C323#id=-1&iurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi0.wp.com%2Fwww.curbsideclassic.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2F1967-Plymouth-Fury-04-05.jpg%3Fresize%3D558%252C323&action=click

Redneck
Major betiko

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 am

betiko wrote:Image

Eurotrash.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby KoolBak on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:02 am

Karel....what motor? Hopefully the 440.

Skof...my parents had an Isetta when I was a kid....goofy damn thing, but worth a shitload now....dude up the street has 4 in his garage that he's restoring....cool.

So when I win the lottery, here's a couple cars I'd buy.

55 Nomad restomod

Bentley Continental Speed GT

Chevy Cheetah Kit car (FAR cooler than the stupid Cobra)

"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Hum... stupid cobra? I m pretty sure you know better.

By isetta you mean the Iso Grifo in one of the first pages? That car is sick.

Ps: hicky
Major betiko

Postby KoolBak on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Lol...actually love the cobra...super sexy, super fast. Just not a Ford guy and that Cheetah was made to compete against the cobra but never went into production. I have a hotwheel (small toy cars in case you dinna know) of a cheetah I got as a kid and always thought that body was the sexiest ever designed.

As far as Isetta, don't know what they were called elsewhere but made by BMW and popular here in the 60's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta

And by the way, I am thankful for this thread ;o)

AND:

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:58 pm

betiko wrote:Hum... stupid cobra? I m pretty sure you know better.

Cobra was stupid. Sure, it had all that legendary power. Great, as long as the road goes in a straight line for miles and miles. First time you want to turn a corner you'd better go down to walking speed if you want to live.

So yeah. Great car if you live in Kansas, Nebraska, Saskatchewan, etc. For 99% of the world that has roads with corners, a real stupid deathtrap.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby riskllama on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:15 pm

I would say most NA cars from the 50's-60"s did not have a very good power/handling ratio, duk - corvettes were notorious for that.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby notyou2 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:44 pm

karel wrote:https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=pics+of+1967+plymouth+fury+vip+2+door+fastback&fr2=sp-qrw-corr-top&imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi0.wp.com%2Fwww.curbsideclassic.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2F1967-Plymouth-Fury-04-05.jpg%3Fresize%3D558%252C323#id=-1&iurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi0.wp.com%2Fwww.curbsideclassic.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2F1967-Plymouth-Fury-04-05.jpg%3Fresize%3D558%252C323&action=click

lol, hippy car
Captain notyou2

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:46 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Cobra was stupid. Sure, it had all that legendary power. Great, as long as the road goes in a straight line for miles and miles. First time you want to turn a corner you'd better go down to walking speed if you want to live.

So yeah. Great car if you live in Kansas, Nebraska, Saskatchewan, etc. For 99% of the world that has roads with corners, a real stupid deathtrap.

How very stupid is your comment? The cobra was a track racer.... by no way it's a 1/4 mile wonder. Seems like you're a bit confused with all the muscle cars from the 60s-70s.
Or like that el camino turd... lol. How dare you criticize the cobra's cornering ability when you post an el camino? Troll.

The cobra is a mean beast that pisses on all of you.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:52 am

riskllama wrote:I would say most NA cars from the 50's-60"s did not have a very good power/handling ratio, duk - corvettes were notorious for that.

The cobra was english... just powered by a ford engine and prepared by shelby...
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:03 pm

KoolBak wrote:Lol...actually love the cobra...super sexy, super fast. Just not a Ford guy and that Cheetah was made to compete against the cobra but never went into production. I have a hotwheel (small toy cars in case you dinna know) of a cheetah I got as a kid and always thought that body was the sexiest ever designed.

As far as Isetta, don't know what they were called elsewhere but made by BMW and popular here in the 60's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta

And by the way, I am thankful for this thread ;o)

Of course I know hot wheels!
Where do you think my love for cars comes from? Although when I was a kid, i mostly had Majorettes, a french brand that did pretty good models and that is quite popular in europe. I had a lot of matchbox cars, which were awesome too. (Aren't matchbox american too? Why so little love for matchbox? They were not inferior to hot wheels... )
I also had some corgi (english). All those were like 1/43 or close enough.
When I was like 11 years old I started a 1/18 collection, I had only Bburago, an awesome italian brand. I still have that collection at my parent's.. there s around 40 of them on some shelves.

Regarding the bmw isetta... yes, we were just not talking about the same thing. It was troll thorthoth who posted it, i thought you were talking about a car I posted... italian body with corvette engine if i m correct... the iso grifo. Stunning looking car, very few know about it.
Major betiko

Postby KoolBak on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Thats a stretch....Toj designed the Ace, which shelby used as a model for the cobra. And Toj was born in Portugal :lol:

Anyway, the cobra actually had a weight distribution of 48% front, 52% rear. Handled pretty damn well....look at its winning history.

The Cheetah was damn close to a 50/50, thus its funky layout...tranny bolted directly to the diff, no driveline. Driver sat right on this assemly....interior was questionable, but so cool. Actually ran some races and won a handful, but the chassis sucked and politically the timing was poor.

It was compared at length to the Jag E-type which was instrumental in its design as well. Here's a fun article if anyone cares.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/0 ... -part-two/

AND:

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:26 pm

KoolBak wrote:Thats a stretch....Toj designed the Ace, which shelby used as a model for the cobra. And Toj was born in Portugal :lol:

Anyway, the cobra actually had a weight distribution of 48% front, 52% rear. Handled pretty damn well....look at its winning history.

The Cheetah was damn close to a 50/50, thus its funky layout...tranny bolted directly to the diff, no driveline. Driver sat right on this assemly....interior was questionable, but so cool. Actually ran some races and won a handful, but the chassis sucked and politically the timing was poor.

It was compared at length to the Jag E-type which was instrumental in its design as well. Here's a fun article if anyone cares.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/0 ... -part-two/

According to wikipedia, that toj guy had a portuguese dad and an english mom... his dad died when he was 1 and moved directly back to england.... so not very portuguese in my books. But most importantly... AC cars is English.... they produced that Ace during 10 years or so before exporting chasis in the US to mount some ford v8 s in it. And basically... it's been producing this car both in the US and UK at the same time. So you hardly can call it an american car... it s really both. That s by no means a strech. But sure, shelby was the one that made it legendary.
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:30 pm

betiko wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

How very stupid is your comment? The cobra was a track racer.... by no way it's a 1/4 mile wonder. Seems like you're a bit confused with all the muscle cars from the 60s-70s.
Or like that el camino turd... lol. How dare you criticize the cobra's cornering ability when you post an el camino? Troll.

Oh you go ahead and run your silly quarter mile, you big man! Go ahead and get your hair full of dust and collect your $50 first prize that won't even pay for the rubber you burned.

Me and my El Camino and a hot babe with massive tits are going to cruise the beach roads. We'll go over rocks and potholes that will break your Cobra in half. But that don't matter, because you don't have time to go to the beach anyway. You'll be in your garage monkeying with your timing chain for the third time this week.

Oh, by the way... I have 3 cord of firewood in the back, and 6 cases of beer. How many do you have in your toy? We're going to have one legendary party when we get to the beach. Oh yeah, I have a freshly-killed piglet, and a couple quarts of Yukon Jack, and a tent, and a kickass sound system, and the latest Frank Zappa album on 8-track! We're going to be partying for DAYS! Too bad you're busy in your garage. I'll bet that $50 prize makes it all worthwhile, though.

:lol:
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Hey just so you know...
Chicks don't care about cars. You are not going to attract hot girls with a hot car. The only thing you'll attract are a bunch of dudes on testosterone.

As I said... a cobra is enjoyable on a track... not a 1/4 mile thingy. Even if it does well for this.

Why would you need to cargo firewood? Shit, you can pretty much find wood anywhere. And the cobra has a proper trunk for beer and piglets. Kind of. If you just want cargo and off roading, TG totally kicks your ass with his lifted eldorado.
Major betiko

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
betiko wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Oh you go ahead and run your silly quarter mile, you big man! Go ahead and get your hair full of dust and collect your $50 first prize that won't even pay for the rubber you burned.

Me and my El Camino and a hot babe with massive tits are going to cruise the beach roads. We'll go over rocks and potholes that will break your Cobra in half. But that don't matter, because you don't have time to go to the beach anyway. You'll be in your garage monkeying with your timing chain for the third time this week.

Oh, by the way... I have 3 cord of firewood in the back, and 6 cases of beer. How many do you have in your toy? We're going to have one legendary party when we get to the beach. Oh yeah, I have a freshly-killed piglet, and a couple quarts of Yukon Jack, and a tent, and a kickass sound system, and the latest Frank Zappa album on 8-track! We're going to be partying for DAYS! Too bad you're busy in your garage. I'll bet that $50 prize makes it all worthwhile, though.

:lol:

3 cords? Impressive. I didn't know an el camino had tardis properties in the bed.

-TG

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:37 pm

betiko wrote:Hey just so you know...
Chicks don't care about cars. You are not going to attract hot girls with a hot car. The only thing you'll attract are a bunch of dudes on testosterone.

As I said... a cobra is enjoyable on a track... not a 1/4 mile thingy. Even if it does well for this.

Why would you need to cargo firewood? Shit, you can pretty much find wood anywhere. And the cobra has a proper trunk for beer and piglets. Kind of. If you just want cargo and off roading, TG totally kicks your ass with his lifted eldorado.

El dorado? Why how dare you!

-TG

Postby KoolBak on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:33 pm

I had a lot of fun in my elkie (yes, they were 18!)....and it hauled my dirtbike. Loved that car

Oh....and my 72 convertible eldorado was another of my fave cars :lol:

AND:

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:47 pm

Stained Glass Driverless Sleeper Car.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:21 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Stained Glass Driverless Sleeper Car.

again, not a real car.
:roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,