Conquer Club

The World Of Today

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The World Of Today

Postby MnrToti on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:16 pm

With todays society and all the "rules" basically telling us to, "be nice", do you think the world has gone soft, and what can be done about it?
Sergeant MnrToti

Re: The World Of Today

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:01 pm

MnrToti wrote:With todays society and all the "rules" basically telling us to, "be nice", do you think the world has gone soft, and what can be done about it?

Unfortunately, the rules don't tell us to be nice. They pretend to, but they actually don't. The basic rule of niceness is "live and let live", but most rules say anything but that. Most rules forbid a few very specific and narrowly-defined forms of nastiness, while allowing people to treat each other like shit in any way that's not specifically posted.

Now, as to your second question. Yeah, the world has gotten softer. Why do you think it's a bad thing? Throughout most of history the life of most men has been defined by long periods of starvation, slavery to brutish masters, draconian punishments for trivial crimes, and any number of cruel diseases for which there was no cure. All four of those things have been dramatically reduced in modern times. I don't see that as a bad thing at all.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 pm

I think what Toti is saying is that genocide against the white farmers must immediately be resumed.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby MnrToti on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:06 am

Yes, so we can finally retaliate and kill some blacks :-)
Sergeant MnrToti

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:55 am

Dukasaur wrote:
MnrToti wrote:With todays society and all the "rules" basically telling us to, "be nice", do you think the world has gone soft, and what can be done about it?

Unfortunately, the rules don't tell us to be nice. They pretend to, but they actually don't. The basic rule of niceness is "live and let live", but most rules say anything but that. Most rules forbid a few very specific and narrowly-defined forms of nastiness, while allowing people to treat each other like shit in any way that's not specifically posted.

Now, as to your second question. Yeah, the world has gotten softer. Why do you think it's a bad thing? Throughout most of history the life of most men has been defined by long periods of starvation, slavery to brutish masters, draconian punishments for trivial crimes, and any number of cruel diseases for which there was no cure. All four of those things have been dramatically reduced in modern times. I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

You forgot the part where people had to go outside even in winter to have a shit, and whipe off with snow. Those were some cruell times, I m glad life got softer.
Major betiko

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 am

betiko wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

You forgot the part where people had to go outside even in winter to have a shit, and whipe off with snow. Those were some cruell times, I m glad life got softer.

-----Well THE GOLDEN RULE...Is do unto others as you want them to treat you...It says nothing about being nice...You can treat people like shit,if you don't mind being treated like shit...( ;) shit,ironic ;) )...
-----Yes,but I think they used icicles back then... :lol:
-----But back then,everyone walked etc...Not driving their fat asses around in cars...I'm not talking about to work either...At our family store...Awesome Americans would get in their cars,drive across the street to our store,buy 40's,lottery tickets...Then drive right back across the street to their house...When their lazy fat asses could have walked... :( GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THE NEW WORLD...Remember when we had to get up and use needle nose pliers to change the TV channel...I miss that,GOOD TIMES... REALLY THAT WAS SWEET IT GAVE US SOMETHING TO DO =D> ... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D...What can be done...Stop relying on devices so much...Get back to using the power of your own 2 feet etc...If you want to talk to your friend around the block...Walk over and say HI...Stop texting ,I'm at Subway taking a shit on Facebook....Get out and go see people,tell them I had lunch at Subway and took a shit...
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby MnrToti on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:54 pm

You guys get me wrong! I don't mean about how we had to shit outside :?
I mean everything now is about feelings. "Use your words" "Call me by the right pronoun" "All meat-eaters must die" All three are true, actually happened. Why does everything have to be about feelings and why can't we just beat up the people being rude?
Sergeant MnrToti

Postby mrswdk on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:19 pm

MnrToti wrote:You guys get me wrong! I don't mean about how we had to shit outside :?
I mean everything now is about feelings. "Use your words" "Call me by the right pronoun" "All meat-eaters must die" All three are true, actually happened. Why does everything have to be about feelings and why can't we just beat up the people being rude?

So when people say stuff like 'all meat eaters must die' you get so upset that you wish you were allowed to beat them up in retaliation. Who's the one who's gone soft again?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:26 pm

mrswdk wrote:
MnrToti wrote:You guys get me wrong! I don't mean about how we had to shit outside :?

So when people say stuff like 'all meat eaters must die' you get so upset that you wish you were allowed to beat them up in retaliation. Who's the one who's gone soft again?

If i got so upset about it, i d cut the guy's finger and feed him with it. See if he wants to commit suicide for eating meat.
Mnrtoti is too soft. Do people caress you while you go "purrrr purrrr"?
Major betiko

Postby MnrToti on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:50 pm

betiko wrote:If i got so upset about it, i d cut the guy's finger and feed him with it. See if he wants to commit suicide for eating meat.
Mnrtoti is too soft. Do people caress you while you go "purrrr purrrr"?

Only the ladies. ;)
Sergeant MnrToti

Postby MnrToti on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:54 pm

mrswdk wrote:

What I mean is how far has the world come that this has actually become acceptable? When did people just decide: "f*ck it, I ain't eating a normal diet, I'll just eat nothing but plants and shit, people who disagree must die."
Sergeant MnrToti

Postby mrswdk on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:15 pm

I don't think that's anywhere close to being a mainstream point of view in any society anywhere in the world.

Even if it was, you're talking about people who preach death to anyone who doesn't join their cause. Doesn't sound very soft. The guy crying about it online (you) sounds soft.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:29 pm

MnrToti wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

What I mean is how far has the world come that this has actually become acceptable? When did people just decide: "f*ck it, I ain't eating a normal diet, I'll just eat nothing but plants and shit, people who disagree must die."

I don't know where you hang out. Must be some strange places. I've known tons of vegetarians and vegans over the years. At least 40 or 50. Not one of them has every suggested that those who disagree with them must die. You probably ran across some particularly weird and aggressive vegan. Out of context I can't tell you if he was just blowing off steam or genuinely deranged. You obviously know this guy so you'll have to make that determination.

Mind you, there have been some serious weirdos that have been vegetarians -- the puritan torture-advocate John Harvey Kellog, Nazis Rudolf Hess and Adolf Hitler, mega-murderer Pol Pot, deci-murderer Charles Manson, etc. -- but none of them, as far as I know killed people for eating meat. And none of them, I don't think, can be considered typical examples of "The World of Today".
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:22 pm

"All meat-eaters must die" is strictly speaking, true.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:05 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:"All meat-eaters must die" is strictly speaking, true.

I was living on purified agar, but somebody tricked me and slipped in some gelatin. I'm doomed.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 am

Depends on your age, but wait anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby mrswdk on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 am

DoomYoshi wrote:"All meat-eaters must die" is, strictly speaking, true.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby MnrToti on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:10 am

Dukasaur wrote:
MnrToti wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

I don't know where you hang out. Must be some strange places. I've known tons of vegetarians and vegans over the years. At least 40 or 50. Not one of them has every suggested that those who disagree with them must die. You probably ran across some particularly weird and aggressive vegan. Out of context I can't tell you if he was just blowing off steam or genuinely deranged. You obviously know this guy so you'll have to make that determination.

Mind you, there have been some serious weirdos that have been vegetarians -- the puritan torture-advocate John Harvey Kellog, Nazis Rudolf Hess and Adolf Hitler, mega-murderer Pol Pot, deci-murderer Charles Manson, etc. -- but none of them, as far as I know killed people for eating meat. And none of them, I don't think, can be considered typical examples of "The World of Today".

What should it be named? "The world" ?
Sergeant MnrToti

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:"All meat-eaters must die" is strictly speaking, true.

I was living on purified agar, but somebody tricked me and slipped in some gelatin. I'm doomed.

Even if you ate nothing but purified agar you still must die. Past generations used to buy skulls as souvenirs called memento mori simply for the purpose of pondering their eventual fate. Now reminding someone of the end is seen as an insult. Tell me who the soft are in this story again?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:54 pm

MnrToti wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
MnrToti wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

What should it be named? "The world" ?

No, the point is that they are not typical examples. Typical means average. Weirdos and outliers are, by definition, not typical.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Weirdos must die.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby tzor on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Well, first of all, I don't think the "rules" tell us to be "nice." Chivalry (an interesting topic in and of itself because it was a forced mode of conduct for armored military officers on horseback) is basically dead these days. What we have left is a mild form of passive aggressive behavior with a veneer of "nice." We have a bunch of whiners who go into a panic the moment they hear something outside their own worldview.

Have we gone "soft?" Absolutely. Someone today just referred to a change of the tax code as "rape." No, rape is violence against another person, a show of force to break the will of another and to derive perverse pleasure from such domination. Not getting a tax break is not rape. But to the soft people of today, a scratch is the same as an amputation, a molehill is as tall as a mountain.

Dukasaur wrote:I don't know where you hang out. Must be some strange places. I've known tons of vegetarians and vegans over the years. At least 40 or 50. Not one of them has every suggested that those who disagree with them must die. You probably ran across some particularly weird and aggressive vegan. Out of context I can't tell you if he was just blowing off steam or genuinely deranged. You obviously know this guy so you'll have to make that determination.

I'm going to second that notion. The vegetarians and vegans I've known were always nice. One, a doctor who went vegan after a heart attack, used to make a killer lentil soup. Some, alas, have no choice in the matter. The husband of one of my writing buddies in National Novel Writing Month has no choice in the matter. He's actually become allergic to meat. Even chicken broth in a product can cause him to get violently sick.

I prefer part time vegetarians myself. 8-)
Cadet tzor

Postby 2dimes on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Like Mary Moon?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mrswdk on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Mary Moon also must die.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Yes, everyone must die. Thank god. Thank Satan. Thank reality.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,