Conquer Club

All you Trump haters

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

All you Trump haters

Postby patches70 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 am

I'm surprised you haven't raised hell about something of actual substance Trump did with virtually no fanfare nor hardly a mention.

During the week of Christmas he pardoned 5 megabanks under fire for fraud and corruption. Waivers were issued for Citigroup, JPMorgan, Barclays, UBS and Deutsche Bank. All five of these banks were involved in the LIBOR scandal, which I talked about way back when in this very fora. Deutsche had to plead guilty to wire fraud in 2015 and had to pay $3.5 billion in penalties. Early in 2017 Deutsche also had to pay the DOJ another $7.2 billion in a settlement over the LIBOR mess. Deutsche by far had to pay the most but they were also the main culprit in LIBOR.
Then there was the Deutsche Bank trader David Liew who pleaded guilty to fraud over his attempt to manipulate the precious metals market and exposed that the big banks have been spoofing the PM markets for a long time now. Citi, JPM and Barclays got 5 year waivers while Deutsche and UBS got 3 year waivers.

Another interesting tidbit, Deutsche also does business with Trump, back before he became President. No one knows exactly for sure, but Deutsche has loaned Trump somewhere between $150 to $300 million over the past decade or so and it's not really clear exactly how much he owes them, but I bet this waiver can go a hell of a long way to paying them back.

I've waited for a while, to see if anyone here would post about this. Instead most Trump hate is Russia BS, or the latest "shithole" statement, things that are irrelevant or untrue at best.
This particular thing though, the waivers, now that's something of actual significance and not a single one of you Trump haters has even mentioned it.

Why?

Don't you Trump haters care that Trump is scratching the backs of the big banks? I am genuinely curious as to why you never Trumpers, those of you who think Trump is corrupt, vile or whatever, haven't even bothered to mention this at all?
Also, has your favored propaganda deliver system actually reported on this at all?

Please, sincere answers to those questions would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Edit: Oh, and there are a couple of more little tidbits of info about this to be revealed in a bit.
Private patches70

Re: All you Trump haters

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:09 am

My favored propaganda deliver system has not actually reported on this at all. My news outlet shuts down for two weeks after Christmas.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 am

patches70 wrote:During the week of Christmas he pardoned 5 megabanks under fire for fraud and corruption.

Even a cursory google shows that this statement isn't true.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:21 am

Here's the apparent pardoning for your perusal:
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/12/29/2017-27977/exemptions-from-certain-prohibited-transaction-restrictions

Basically, the 5 firms are under investigations. They all have retirement plans for their employees. While under investigation, they are not allowed to control that money but must pay another company to manage it (choose where to invest it). The 5 firms already had an Obama-era exemption to that clause (they are allowed to manage the retirement funds of their own employees) and it was just extended. This seems like a non-story.

When you work for a financial company, it's not crazy to expect that you would be able to manage your own retirement fund.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 am

Don't forget that just before Christmas Trump also signed a new tax law that means Deutsche Bank employees now pay less inheritance and income tax.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby KoolBak on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 am

Hey patchy. I would LOVE you to follow up with this, i.e., keep posting the facts you find about waivers relating to relaxed lending criteria and payment forgiveness.

I was a correspondent banker for several years (lent money to downstream banks overnight to keep them within federal leverage regs) so found that Libor thing very interesting.

Have also had the joy during my entire commercial lending stint of experiencing several annual federal audits of our portfolios. Wonder what I could have done to make those assholes look the other way....obviously you're saying theres something...would have made life SO much easier.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Wow patches, somehow you found a way to blame "Trump Haters" for something Trump did that you don't agree with. Congrats!
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:21 pm

KoolBak wrote:Hey patchy. I would LOVE you to follow up with this, i.e., keep posting the facts you find about waivers relating to relaxed lending criteria and payment forgiveness.

I was a correspondent banker for several years (lent money to downstream banks overnight to keep them within federal leverage regs) so found that Libor thing very interesting.

Have also had the joy during my entire commercial lending stint of experiencing several annual federal audits of our portfolios. Wonder what I could have done to make those assholes look the other way....obviously you're saying theres something...would have made life SO much easier.

3-6 more zeroes, KB... :D
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby KoolBak on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:49 pm

we had up to 100 mill going out every night. It was heavily scrutinized but they were small downstream banks ;o)

AND:

Postby notyou2 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:40 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Wow patches, somehow you found a way to blame "Trump Haters" for something Trump did that you don't agree with. Congrats!

Obviously fell off his high horse. Give him a boost so he can get back on it Mook.
Captain notyou2

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Patches may have overstated his case, but the underlying problem he points to is real.

The American populace tends to devote way too much attention to trivial mis-steps by its leaders and not much on their real crimes.

Waaaay too much attention is paid to Trump's annoying but trivial personal habits -- his bullying handshakes, his dissing of his wife, his ugly wig -- and not enough to actual policy decisions.

This isn't new.

For three years America sat transfixed by the issue of who all was sucking Bill Clinton's dick, while his real crimes -- like the war on Serbia and the expansion of NATO onto Russia's doorstep (essentially a resumption of the Cold War with neither legislative nor public debate) -- passed by mostly without comment.

For three years America sat transfixed by the story of Richard Nixon and his silly little attempt to spy on his opponents during the campaign, while his real crime -- the transition to a permanent war economy (the fact that the end of the Vietnam War resulted neither in a reduction in the cost of America's military, nor in any meaningful tax savings to the people) was almost completely ignored.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby KoolBak on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:02 am

I feel so stoopid. Thanks for pointing out our faults. I was actually happy with my life.....silly me.

AND:

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:24 am

Dukasaur wrote:Patches may have overstated his case, but the underlying problem he points to is real.

The American populace tends to devote way too much attention to trivial mis-steps by its leaders and not much on their real crimes.

Waaaay too much attention is paid to Trump's annoying but trivial personal habits -- his bullying handshakes, his dissing of his wife, his ugly wig -- and not enough to actual policy decisions.

This isn't new.

For three years America sat transfixed by the issue of who all was sucking Bill Clinton's dick, while his real crimes -- like the war on Serbia and the expansion of NATO onto Russia's doorstep (essentially a resumption of the Cold War with neither legislative nor public debate) -- passed by mostly without comment.

For three years America sat transfixed by the story of Richard Nixon and his silly little attempt to spy on his opponents during the campaign, while his real crime -- the transition to a permanent war economy (the fact that the end of the Vietnam War resulted neither in a reduction in the cost of America's military, nor in any meaningful tax savings to the people) was almost completely ignored.

Well said Duk.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby mrswdk on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:13 am

Dukasaur wrote:The American populace tends to devote way too much attention to trivial mis-steps by its leaders and not much on their real crimes.

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am

mrswdk wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:The American populace tends to devote way too much attention to trivial mis-steps by its leaders and not much on their real crimes.

The same applies to the Chinese and Russians.

Postby mrswdk on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

The same applies to the Chinese and Russians.

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:53 pm

KoolBak wrote:I feel so stoopid. Thanks for pointing out our faults. I was actually happy with my life.....silly me.

You always get so offended when I point out things about the American populace.

I don't really mean to single out Americans. The same shit goes on in every country. In Germany and Russia and Turkey and Tanzania and Japan and.... Canada!

It's just so easy to notice in American terms, because American politics is what is splattered on our TV screen every night, while the politics of other countries you have to search to find out about.

But everywhere, the governments steal billions and it passes without commentary, while a Member of Parliament who gets his picture taken with a hooker is on the front page of every paper.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:22 pm

The media occasionally spamming stories about less things that have less direct impact on people's lives (like politicians going to sex parties) doesn't mean that 'people' in general care more about those things than they do about issues that have an impact on them.

Media coverage of the US election seemed to be dominated by 'Hillary's emails' and 'Donald Trump says something offensive', but the issues that voters said had the biggest impact on their vote were the economy, terrorism, foreign policy, and health care.

inb4 'yeah but they think the wrong things about those issues because politicians lie to them'
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby tzor on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:32 pm

I feel I should have a patriotic duty to argue against this, but I have to completely agree. And this isn't a fault of the MSM. It's a broad tendency to look at the unimportant details and ignore the bigger picture. For example there are a lot of people who insist that Obama's "birth certificate" is a flat out forgery. I happen to be one of them. I find it reasonable that someone like Obama couldn't be bothered to actually invest the effort by this team to do the real leg work (or due to a number of boring technical reasons the document is no longer physically available) and it was easier to fake something up to appease the annoying complainers. (Note that doesn't mean that I don't think Obama was born outside of the United States and frankly he got more anti-American indoctrination from American universities but that is neither here nor there.) Do I obsess about it? No, but I'll occasionally mention it in passing to annoy people. :twisted:

Serious crimes happen all the time and people get completely away with them. We might disagree on what those crimes are but they should be the important things to consider. It's a lot like "build the wall" when most of the illegals are due to visa overstays.
Cadet tzor

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm

tzor wrote:

I feel I should have a patriotic duty to argue against this, but I have to completely agree. And this isn't a fault of the MSM. It's a broad tendency to look at the unimportant details and ignore the bigger picture. For example there are a lot of people who insist that Obama's "birth certificate" is a flat out forgery. I happen to be one of them. I find it reasonable that someone like Obama couldn't be bothered to actually invest the effort by this team to do the real leg work (or due to a number of boring technical reasons the document is no longer physically available) and it was easier to fake something up to appease the annoying complainers. (Note that doesn't mean that I don't think Obama was born outside of the United States and frankly he got more anti-American indoctrination from American universities but that is neither here nor there.) Do I obsess about it? No, but I'll occasionally mention it in passing to annoy people. :twisted:

Serious crimes happen all the time and people get completely away with them. We might disagree on what those crimes are but they should be the important things to consider. It's a lot like "build the wall" when most of the illegals are due to visa overstays.

It's fukn Obama's fault!

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 pm

tzor wrote:

Aye!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby karel on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:12 pm

everything trump has done or said he was right every time,and i really dont give 2 shits what any idiot ass snowflake,free border loving lib says,i have better things to do in life instead of hearing these retards flap the yap,they can go suck a big one
Private 1st Class karel

Postby riskllama on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:16 pm

karel wrote:everything trump has done or said he was right every time,and i really dont give 2 shits what any idiot ass snowflake,free border loving lib says,i have better things to do in life instead of hearing these retards flap the yap,they can go suck a big one

and yet, here you are - you & bernie are just different sides of the same retarded coin.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:23 pm

How can you be right all the time when you keep contradicting yourself?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby karel on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:12 pm

riskllama wrote:
karel wrote:everything trump has done or said he was right every time,and i really dont give 2 shits what any idiot ass snowflake,free border loving lib says,i have better things to do in life instead of hearing these retards flap the yap,they can go suck a big one

and yet, here you are - you & bernie are just different sides of the same retarded coin.

cuz i dont believe in your views,who cares,suck it up snowflake get the f*ck over it,trump is the MAN
Private 1st Class karel

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,