Conquer Club

dear mods

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

do you agree?

Total votes : 0

dear mods

Postby heavycola on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:42 am

Am i alone in noticing an increase in pointless mod activity in this forum recently?
I have had a post deleted that, while facetious, annoying and not very funny, wouldn't (I am sure) have been deleted if it hadn't been in a thread started by a mod. And a GFY option in a poll has also been removed. These are just examples I have noticed cos I posted them.
Why? Why can't people tell poll makers to GFT? Why can't posters be flippant or irritating? And what's wrong with a conversation going a little off course? That's what conversations do. And in any longish thread there are usually a few different convos going on anwyay. So why so strict?

Is there any chance of toning it down a bit? Otherwise the forum just becomes a reflection of the personal taste and whims of a few, and that sucks, frankly.

Lots of love
HC
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Re: dear mods

Postby Norse on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 am

heavycola wrote: These are just examples I have noticed cos I posted them.
Why? Why can't people tell poll makers to GFT?

Go f*ck t
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby unriggable on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:01 pm

MOD EDIT

:lol:
Cook unriggable

Postby Huckleberryhound on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:45 pm

Hecter is a cunt
Corporal Huckleberryhound

Postby Norse on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:47 pm

Huckleberryhound wrote:Hecter is a cunt
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby cena-rules on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:13 pm

suck it up cupcake and

GFY
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby heavycola on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:23 pm

bunch of benders.

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:32 pm

the yay-sayers are the majority again.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Norse on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:38 pm

The really stupid thing about this particular poll, is that the actual poll question is "do you agree"

Agree with what?

Let me list many different contrasting questions you posed in the introduction:-

Is there any chance of toning it down a bit?

So why so strict?

Am i alone in noticing an increase in pointless mod activity in this forum recently?

Which of these questions are we agreeing on? Do we agree with you, or the mods?

Be more specific in future

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby hecter on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:17 pm

Norse wrote:
Huckleberryhound wrote:Hecter is a cunt
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby heavycola on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:22 pm

Norse wrote:The really stupid thing about this particular poll, is that the actual poll question is "do you agree"

Agree with what?

Let me list many different contrasting questions you posed in the introduction:-

Is there any chance of toning it down a bit?

So why so strict?

Which of these questions are we agreeing on? Do we agree with you, or the mods?

Be more specific in future

Well, the first two you list are obviously addressed to the moderators - why i would want to poll 3 people is a question best left to yourself - and the last one does not really go with 'do you agree'. I'm going to plump for the only one that makes any sense as a forum poll question. The one I started the post with.

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:36 pm

Someone hand me a Guinness, the Brits are gonna start fighting again... Typical soddish behavior... 8)
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby s.xkitten on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:37 pm

*hands anarkistsdreams a Guinness, and sits down in his lap*
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby Norse on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:51 pm

heavycola wrote:
Well, the first two you list are obviously addressed to the moderators - why i would want to poll 3 people is a question best left to yourself - and the last one does not really go with 'do you agree'. I'm going to plump for the only one that makes any sense as a forum poll question. The one I started the post with.

Apology accepted

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Riao on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:01 pm

heavycola wrote:Well, the first two you list are obviously addressed to the moderators - why i would want to poll 3 people is a question best left to yourself - and the last one does not really go with 'do you agree'. I'm going to plump for the only one that makes any sense as a forum poll question. The one I started the post with.

In that case I made a mistake. I agreed that you were "alone in noticing an increase in pointless mod activity in this forum recently". So I suppose since I actually think that the mods have indeed been a little harsh in their judgements lately, I should have chosen the GFY option.

Is that really what you intended?
Corporal Riao

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:27 am

Sorry to disappoint you Riao, but you just agreed with the general gist of the first post.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby heavycola on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:04 am

all this pointless arguing - can't you see it's what they want? As soon as we turn on each other - they've won.
Take my hands and dream with me; dream of a forum where anyone can say whatever they want, where communists and atheists and christians and anarcho-feminist-libertarians and pre-raphaelites can get naked and have food fights and maybe even a little sex without fear of persecution, without having our wings clipped and our voices silenced.

Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Postby Riao on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:14 am

MeDeFe wrote:Sorry to disappoint you Riao, but you just agreed with the general gist of the first post.

Not disappointed, that is what I intended. Actually, I was just being pointless and needlessly argumentative.

I agree with heavycola... especially about the naked food-fights.
Corporal Riao

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,