Conquer Club

Best and Worst Video Game Plots

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby ga7 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:44 am

Riao wrote:Of the games that I've played, I'd say The Longest Journey (the original) had the best plot.

Great one also. Anyone played In Memoriam? Creepy plot in a nice concept, though lacking in gameplay.
Lieutenant ga7

Postby vtmarik on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:26 am

Best Plot: The entire Metal Gear series (with the exception of Snake's Revenge of course), since they're all interconnected on a fundamental level.

Worst plot: Halo and Advent Rising, Yadda yadda, evil aliens, yadda yadda, destroy mankind, yadda yadda, secret weapon, blah blah, only one man can save the day, yadda yadda, ditto, ditto, etc., etc.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby J-Duds on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:55 pm

The best plot? I can't decide which game I've played had the absolute best, but both of the KOTOR games were pretty in-depth and kept me interested for multiple play-thoughs.

But deciding on the worst of those I've played is easy: Ninja Gaiden. I'm sure that it started as a good idea, but nothing is ever explained in enough detail to you, so you have no idea why your at a certain place or trying to find someone. Not to mention that the plot is full of holes. An hour into the game, the character dies, yet he's up again the next day.
Sergeant J-Duds

Postby unriggable on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:37 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:RTW for me. Altering history, YAY! :D

Rome Total War?

If so, I always found it weird it is that the Persians always take over Russia.
Cook unriggable

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:49 pm

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 for best.
Captain Gilligan

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,