Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)


yes true, they are the 1990s generation, but not anymore... Media can be partially blamed though. Usually, Brazilians who get too much attention end up ruining their own careers so quick; unlike Messi and CR7 who got the hugest all time attention and still going on.

By talent, I mean the ability to do whatever you want with the ball.. Ronaldinho is a magician who can always find new ways to trick ya. I already told ya that Ronaldo was a real phenomenon because he did change the philosophy of the game. On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!


You actually think Ronaldinho was born in the 90's? :?


I didn't categorize Ronaldinho in the 1990s generation... I implied he's 2000s generation... Now go back and think more what it should mean! :|
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 pm

On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!


Gonna have to disagree with this comment. Ronaldinho did have tricks but the only thing he was best at is being the ugliest footballer to live. :D
Image
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
User avatar
Major Nola_Lifer
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: 雪山
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:44 pm

HardAttack wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)


Juninho?


Juninho it is =D>


Juninho played for Lyon, never for Monaco!! ;)
7 seasons, 7 championships, a true legend and probably the best free kick player ever. He will be playing for the NY red bulls with Thierry Henry next season.
Romario ended his career aged over 40 if I remember well...
Also don't forget Aldaïr playing for the AS Roma who stayed there for decades, or Roberto Carlos who is still playing
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby crispybits on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!


Gonna have to disagree with this comment. Ronaldinho did have tricks but the only thing he was best at is being the ugliest footballer to live. :D


You've obviously never heard of Ian Dowie :lol:

(or Dirk Kuyt, or Carlos Tevez)
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!


Gonna have to disagree with this comment. Ronaldinho did have tricks but the only thing he was best at is being the ugliest footballer to live. :D


sorry but I have to disagree again! :)


Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:18 pm

betiko wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)


Juninho?


Juninho it is =D>


Juninho played for Lyon, never for Monaco!! ;)
7 seasons, 7 championships, a true legend and probably the best free kick player ever. He will be playing for the NY red bulls with Thierry Henry next season.
Romario ended his career aged over 40 if I remember well...
Also don't forget Aldaïr playing for the AS Roma who stayed there for decades, or Roberto Carlos who is still playing


great addition brother,
ty.
User avatar
Colonel HardAttack
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


I'm very dissapointed of you Pirlo...



In the last part of his career, they called him El Gordito in Spain, and El Gordito shut a lot of mouths up.
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


I'm very dissapointed of you Pirlo...

In the last part of his career, they called him El Gordito in Spain, and El Gordito shut a lot of mouths up.


Meh

you are talking as if I criticized him.. I know how much of a talent he got.. but I still think Ronaldinho's one is/was better... in terms of skills and tricks...



Are you sure you saw how amazing this guy is?
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:20 pm

nietzsche wrote:nobody watch Pirlo's video.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 821AAOaDfZ


Asking american teenagers about football and footballers is like asking a women how an itchy dick feels? :D
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:43 am

The Wizard, the only Wizard...
It is Zinedine Zidane's word once he was asked, "Zinedine, who is the best footballer you have ever played with/against", didnt think more than 3 seconds, spoke it out, "it is Ronaldo" he answered. I count myself to be lucky though, had times to see his performance. Sad for today's kids, missed a lot. Thanks to youtube, bringing little bit of ronaldo anyway.



To me, ronaldinho seems like to be a very good footballer, his style looks like beach football more than modern 90 minutes football we have in our leagues. Ronaldo on the other hand, wizard in skills and abilities, meeting it with a great athletic, power instruments to become the single and ever legend with unbelievable coordination abilities IMO. Watch the fkin above video to the last minute, you will see.

Still can not believe and can not stop laughin to see how desperate defenders are when it is ronaldo comin with the ball to score it. IMO, his injury should and well be tied to his this extra ordinary, unbelievable skills, which demands great pressure on/in tissues/joints far far more than any ordinary footballer, adding his being not a skinny type, then this pressure is even more.

Thank you ronny, may live forever.
User avatar
Colonel HardAttack
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:35 am

I don't need to see youtube.. I had the fortune to see Ronaldo's and Ronaldinho's every single game live when they were playing. I still believe no one is even close to Ronaldinho's magic! XD
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:08 pm

HardAttack wrote:The Wizard, the only Wizard...
It is Zinedine Zidane's word once he was asked, "Zinedine, who is the best footballer you have ever played with/against", didnt think more than 3 seconds, spoke it out, "it is Ronaldo" he answered. I count myself to be lucky though, had times to see his performance. Sad for today's kids, missed a lot. Thanks to youtube, bringing little bit of ronaldo anyway.



To me, ronaldinho seems like to be a very good footballer, his style looks like beach football more than modern 90 minutes football we have in our leagues. Ronaldo on the other hand, wizard in skills and abilities, meeting it with a great athletic, power instruments to become the single and ever legend with unbelievable coordination abilities IMO. Watch the fkin above video to the last minute, you will see.

Still can not believe and can not stop laughin to see how desperate defenders are when it is ronaldo comin with the ball to score it. IMO, his injury should and well be tied to his this extra ordinary, unbelievable skills, which demands great pressure on/in tissues/joints far far more than any ordinary footballer, adding his being not a skinny type, then this pressure is even more.

Thank you ronny, may live forever.



No Pirlo, it doesn't matter if you saw all the games live, you need to watch that video, is way better than mine. It counteracts your video by far.

I respect your POV Pirlo, and it comes a point when it's about of taste. Ronaldo was all that Hardattack described but was also a person that everybody liked for his effort, you could see he was giving it all and he was risking an injury ALL the time. You can see many defenders didn't kick him because they couldn't! by the time they would've decided to kick him he was gone.

It was joy to watch him play, not that Ronaldinho wasn't but to be honest I think defenders were equally striken by his ability AND the thought that they were in front of a giant parrot dancing. Ronaldo was more direct towards the goal.

Who was more effective in his teams it's impossible to determine, but let's not forget Ronaldo scored 15 goals in the World Cups.

As Hardattack says, we are lucky to have seen him play, kids today type ronaldo in youtube and all they get is CR7. CR7 by the end of his career will have scored more goals than Ronaldo but el Fenomeno will forever stay with us that saw him play.

Also, we got to see Zidane and Ronaldo play in the same team.
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:47 pm

nietzsche wrote:Also, we got to see Zidane and Ronaldo play in the same team.


Bitch please... Newer generations got to see Ronaldinho and Messi in the same team!

Image
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Also, we got to see Zidane and Ronaldo play in the same team.


Bitch please... Newer generations got to see Ronaldinho and Messi in the same team!

Image


Are you saying Ronaldinho was in the same category that Zidane?
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:10 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Also, we got to see Zidane and Ronaldo play in the same team.


Bitch please... Newer generations got to see Ronaldinho and Messi in the same team!

Image


Are you saying Ronaldinho was in the same category that Zidane?


I don't thinks it's wise to say that, because Ronaldinho ruined his own career too early! but the couple of years he spent in Barca during his peak were tremendously amazing and a lot better than any couple of years of any other player; maybe except Messi's last 2 years. But oh well, even the one who could beat him to that was in his team!

so seriously... Bitch please! XD
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby HardAttack on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:17 am

i am not going to repeat it again and again,
no point. Pirlo is sorta professional on the field, so i have got respect on his views...
But once again, comparing ronaldinho with ronaldo is something quite like comparing 100 with 1 ...
There had been lots of players in the past we can name to have great free kick talent, one of them was ronaldinho,
it is ok, ronaldinho also had some tricks, good technique, etc...
But, when you take ronaldo under the scope, you will see something very different...You will see a porche, a 500cc kawasaki engine if you know what i mean ? Ronaldinho's play always seemed to me to be too polite, fragile, powerless, on the other hand ronaldo used to be the engine, like a horse running on the field and no way losing the ball but bringing it to score, no matter how many defenders there are...And nietzche brought a very good aspect, that is ronaldo always showed up the ARTIST, he played from heart, didnt care if defenders to come to tackle him to injury but he kept playing in brave, just like a true star. I didnt see him losing his line even after his popularity grew up like a rocket, he still used to keep the affability he always had. He came to europe scene as someone, played like someone, and left to brazil back like someone...Still there in brazil like someone. His popularity did not change him from 1 to 100...To me this is a GREAT and HUGE sign of good character...I FCK A LOT RESPECT that. From this point of view, i like messi too, i see ronaldo's decent fellow approach in messi too, and for that reason messi gets good points from me as well...
I dislike players, who are there to scream/to show/to imply, HEY I DID THIS, I BROUGHT THE POINTS TO THE TEAM etc sort of moves acts...

To me, an artist, a player/athlet whatever, first of all they are human, then they are whatever they are.
User avatar
Colonel HardAttack
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 am

HardAttack wrote:i am not going to repeat it again and again,
no point. Pirlo is sorta professional on the field, so i have got respect on his views...
But once again, comparing ronaldinho with ronaldo is something quite like comparing 100 with 1 ...
There had been lots of players in the past we can name to have great free kick talent, one of them was ronaldinho,
it is ok, ronaldinho also had some tricks, good technique, etc...
But, when you take ronaldo under the scope, you will see something very different...You will see a porche, a 500cc kawasaki engine if you know what i mean ? Ronaldinho's play always seemed to me to be too polite, fragile, powerless, on the other hand ronaldo used to be the engine, like a horse running on the field and no way losing the ball but bringing it to score, no matter how many defenders there are...And nietzche brought a very good aspect, that is ronaldo always showed up the ARTIST, he played from heart, didnt care if defenders to come to tackle him to injury but he kept playing in brave, just like a true star. I didnt see him losing his line even after his popularity grew up like a rocket, he still used to keep the affability he always had. He came to europe scene as someone, played like someone, and left to brazil back like someone...Still there in brazil like someone. His popularity did not change him from 1 to 100...To me this is a GREAT and HUGE sign of good character...I FCK A LOT RESPECT that. From this point of view, i like messi too, i see ronaldo's decent fellow approach in messi too, and for that reason messi gets good points from me as well...
I dislike players, who are there to scream/to show/to imply, HEY I DID THIS, I BROUGHT THE POINTS TO THE TEAM etc sort of moves acts...

To me, an artist, a player/athlet whatever, first of all they are human, then they are whatever they are.


If I was a club owner and got to choose between Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, I'd definitely pick Ronaldo for many reasons. for example: (a) Ronaldo served 8-10 years, while the other served 2-3; (b) Ronaldo's personality seems to be easier to deal with (kind of HR management philosophy) and this is important for clubs because the player is also a human who has a tough mood sometimes which affects his teammates. A player is not just 90 minutes on the field... there are a lot going on behind the scenes and that's what Guardiola addressed to bring the best of Barca players.. He got rid of difficult persons.

What I'm saying Ronaldinho is best at, is the raw talent... not the overall abilities and career length/achievements. But oh well... He played like a street freestyle mode and still won the biggest titles - La Liga, champions League and World Cup :D
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 pm

Seriously, I couldn't pick one between the 3 ronaldos at their best if I was a manager.

ronaldinho: have you guys forgotten what type of player this guy was before getting the "ballon d'or"? ("balon de oro" in spain, I don't know how it's called in english, because "golden ball" sounds awfull lol). I remember the ceremony with ronaldinho. That's it, he obtained all the goals he could possibly dream of as a kid in club, national team and individually (champion's league, world cup, ballon d'or). That's where his ambition was standing; reaching the the zenith of football. That night he brough he Ma' on stage when he received the best individual prize for a footballer in '05. He made it. This guy from the favellas made it, he had won everything, with tons of money, was crowned the best footballer and there was his ma' who had suffered all her life. They both cried and there was nothing that could ever make them prouder. Ronaldinho was like 26 and he decided his career was over, he had so much talent, had such great contracts with his club and Nike that from now on it would only be about having fun, clubbing, samba and bitches! Being the best ever was never his goal; he was happy with just being the best at some point. But can the shit he's been up to since half a decade erase the freaking monster this guy was? He had 2-3 years during which he did stuff from another planet, really... He was touched by grace!

ronaldo: this guy just was a revolution, no one had ever seen anything like that... outstanding physical, techinal and creativity. The new Pelé since he was 17 playing for PSV. He was even part of Brazil 94' that won the world cup, under the name of "ronaldinho" at the time. He really became famous after his year in Barcelona when he was 19, just before the 98' world cup in france. As a frenchman, I gave our team no chance in the final. They had freakin' ronaldo!! Who could win a world cup final with a team playing with ronaldo as a striker?? you were just doomed!! Luckily for us, he got sick the night before or something, and couldn't play, he came in by the end when Zidane had already scored 2 headers and the world cup was ours. He had signed for Inter the year before and that's when his troubles started. His first year was only reasonable, but then started his knee injuries. Injuries that kept him out of the pitch for entire seasons. this guy, the new pelé was just finished. By some miracle, he came back before the world cup 2002 which he won then signed for Madrid, where he made one of the greatest comebacks for a few seasons. Ronaldo was just like a big baby. He just seems like being such a nice guy, with lots of bad luck but never complaining. I think everybody loved him for his personality. He won 2 "ballons d'or" in 97 and 02. Only for this I think he was better than Ronaldinho. He lost everything and came back with a revenge 5 years later.

cristiano ronaldo: a spoiled brat. good looking with excellent skills. horrible sense of competition. This guy has just been the best at everything since he was a kid and likes to let his opponents know. You cannot deny his incredible skills and his incredible mental and physical preparation. This guy dedicates every second of his life at being the best. He got his "ballon d'or" in '08 when he was 23, a little later he became the most expensive transfer ever for 96M euros when he went to the real madrid. But the runner up from 08', a small argentinian 2 years younger playing for barcelona was going to be his nightmare. Ronaldo will manage to get unhuman stats year after year; but no matter what he would do, the small and ugly argentinian would always do better. And everybody would hate him and love the ugly little argentinian playing for the rival club. Worse of all, the Ugly little argentinian was going to win a 4th straight "ballon d'or" while he has become the eternal runner up... What a tragedy for the narcissist CR7, as he likes to be called.... Nothing is going as planned no matter how awesome he is!
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby CBlake on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 pm

It's only about Clark Dempsey folks
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
User avatar
Captain CBlake
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Where the wild things are
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 pm

CBlake wrote:It's only about Clark Dempsey folks


Ok, this guy is not as good as Dempsey but he's worth a look:

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:29 pm

betiko wrote:Seriously, I couldn't pick one between the 3 ronaldos at their best if I was a manager.

ronaldinho: have you guys forgotten what type of player this guy was before getting the "ballon d'or"? ("balon de oro" in spain, I don't know how it's called in english, because "golden ball" sounds awfull lol). I remember the ceremony with ronaldinho. That's it, he obtained all the goals he could possibly dream of as a kid in club, national team and individually (champion's league, world cup, ballon d'or). That's where his ambition was standing; reaching the the zenith of football. That night he brough he Ma' on stage when he received the best individual prize for a footballer in '05. He made it. This guy from the favellas made it, he had won everything, with tons of money, was crowned the best footballer and there was his ma' who had suffered all her life. They both cried and there was nothing that could ever make them prouder. Ronaldinho was like 26 and he decided his career was over, he had so much talent, had such great contracts with his club and Nike that from now on it would only be about having fun, clubbing, samba and bitches! Being the best ever was never his goal; he was happy with just being the best at some point. But can the shit he's been up to since half a decade erase the freaking monster this guy was? He had 2-3 years during which he did stuff from another planet, really... He was touched by grace!

ronaldo: this guy just was a revolution, no one had ever seen anything like that... outstanding physical, techinal and creativity. The new Pelé since he was 17 playing for PSV. He was even part of Brazil 94' that won the world cup, under the name of "ronaldinho" at the time. He really became famous after his year in Barcelona when he was 19, just before the 98' world cup in france. As a frenchman, I gave our team no chance in the final. They had freakin' ronaldo!! Who could win a world cup final with a team playing with ronaldo as a striker?? you were just doomed!! Luckily for us, he got sick the night before or something, and couldn't play, he came in by the end when Zidane had already scored 2 headers and the world cup was ours. He had signed for Inter the year before and that's when his troubles started. His first year was only reasonable, but then started his knee injuries. Injuries that kept him out of the pitch for entire seasons. this guy, the new pelé was just finished. By some miracle, he came back before the world cup 2002 which he won then signed for Madrid, where he made one of the greatest comebacks for a few seasons. Ronaldo was just like a big baby. He just seems like being such a nice guy, with lots of bad luck but never complaining. I think everybody loved him for his personality. He won 2 "ballons d'or" in 97 and 02. Only for this I think he was better than Ronaldinho. He lost everything and came back with a revenge 5 years later.

cristiano ronaldo: a spoiled brat. good looking with excellent skills. horrible sense of competition. This guy has just been the best at everything since he was a kid and likes to let his opponents know. You cannot deny his incredible skills and his incredible mental and physical preparation. This guy dedicates every second of his life at being the best. He got his "ballon d'or" in '08 when he was 23, a little later he became the most expensive transfer ever for 96M euros when he went to the real madrid. But the runner up from 08', a small argentinian 2 years younger playing for barcelona was going to be his nightmare. Ronaldo will manage to get unhuman stats year after year; but no matter what he would do, the small and ugly argentinian would always do better. And everybody would hate him and love the ugly little argentinian playing for the rival club. Worse of all, the Ugly little argentinian was going to win a 4th straight "ballon d'or" while he has become the eternal runner up... What a tragedy for the narcissist CR7, as he likes to be called.... Nothing is going as planned no matter how awesome he is!


Well said, Betico..

English media and papers use Balon d'Or as well.. a few of them uses "Golden Ball" sometimes though. Spanish papers use "Balon de Oro."

CR7 realized that he needed to polish his public image when he was told it was gonna affect the decisions of some Balon d'Or voters.. afraid it's too late though.

Messi was threatened to end up being disabled before he turned out to be the best footballer, so he absolutely values what he has since he suffered just to become a normal human. as the saying goes "What doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger!"
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:07 pm

seriously.... how the hell could c.ronaldo win the ballon d'or this season??? would be completely unjustfied. He won the liga, big deal! portugal did shit during the eurocup!!


nietsche. dude don't stab my heart lol! that video with that sad music is too hard to watch! Just remembering the awesome team we had from 98 to 06 and the spoiled brats we have today.... we even lost vs mexico in the past world cup!! :( :oops: ;) :D
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby CBlake on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Spurs are ghey they won't play my man clark more instead they add Adebayor in F' em
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
User avatar
Captain CBlake
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Where the wild things are
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:32 pm

CBlake wrote:Spurs are ghey they won't play my man clark more instead they add Adebayor in F' em


who, patrick dempsey? is he still on that show?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login