Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:57 am

The point that you guys are missing here is that there are a lot of supporters of "minor" teams such as myself. I'm personally thrilled when the betis gets to play the europa league and I'm proud to see them play a european competition. What platini has intended to do since he is head of the UEFA is to give more visibility to smaller nations and smaller clubs. I think it's good. I know no one cares about the champion of cyprus or anything, but look at the hapoel nicosia last year who made it to quarter finals. That was a national event over there.

Ok, so basically I agree that I"d rather watch a barcelona juventus rather than an apoel tel aviv vs shakhtar donetsk in CL or whatever, but smaller nations have the right to have their chance. Like in qualifiers for the euro/world cup, people complain that some very small nations such as luxembourg, san marino ect even have the right to present a team...

I personnally liked it a lot better when there were the UEFA cup, the cup winner's cup and the champion's league (tuesdays wednesdays thursdays). All cups had some kind of level, and many times the UEFA champion was stronger than the champion's league champion.

Unfortunately, in spite of changing the format every year the europa league is meant to disapear, people are interested to play it only in 1/4 finals.

Pirlo, what media are you journalist for? Maradonna was till playing in 95 or something, so I doubt that anyone here hasn't seen him play lol. By the way did you guys hear what the dumbass pelé said about messi the other day?
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:14 pm

betiko wrote:Pirlo, what media are you journalist for? Maradonna was till playing in 95 or something, so I doubt that anyone here hasn't seen him play lol. By the way did you guys hear what the dumbass pelé said about messi the other day?

Web-based, but in Arabic for mid-east market. and yes, Maradona isn't an ancient history yet :D

As for Pele, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even see football. What would one expect from someone who says Nymar is better than Messi and CR7? :lol:
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:25 am

pelé is a fucking idiot. he played almost all of his games vs half ass teams from the paulista championship, and like 20% of his goals are not completely officially proven. He never had the balls to play in europe, and the only thing he does is criticize everything that is not brazilian.

neymar is a very talented player for sure but he isn't even miles away from the others even in brazil... santos was ridiculous this season!

oh and hat trick for Ibra with the PSG last night, 17 goals in 14 games so far! :shock:
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:32 pm

Hahaha did anyone notice how full of shit Mourinho is? :lol:

he's been giving us a headache with his CR7 is better than Messi... but it's too mainstream now, so he switched to an Adan is better than Casillas joke :lol:
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:12 pm

taking bets on when mourinho gets sacked:
I bet march !
Major betiko

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:37 pm

betiko wrote:taking bets on when mourinho gets sacked:
I bet march !

I bet (and hope) he gets the axe over Christmas break.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:25 am

I see that a former topic is back..
The president of the standard of liege is asking again to create the beneliga (belgium+nederlands) ASAP or he will leave the belgian league for the french league.

what cool leagues would you come up with?

benelux league: belgium, netherlands, luxembourg
scandinavian league: norway, iceland, faroe islands, sweden denmark
baltics league: finland,latvia, estonia, lithuania
Alps league: switzerland, austria leischtenstein
celtic league: ireland, scotland, wales, northern ireland
balkan league: slovenia, croatia, bosnia, montenegro, serbia, macedonia, kosovo, albania, bulgaria
happy friends league (my favorite): greece, cyprus, turkey, israel
eastern europe league: czech, slovakia, poland, hungary, belarus, ukraine, moldova, romania
Major betiko

Postby chang50 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:36 am

betiko wrote:I see that a former topic is back..
The president of the standard of liege is asking again to create the beneliga (belgium+nederlands) ASAP or he will leave the belgian league for the french league.

what cool leagues would you come up with?

benelux league: belgium, netherlands, luxembourg
scandinavian league: norway, iceland, faroe islands, sweden denmark
baltics league: finland,latvia, estonia, lithuania
Alps league: switzerland, austria leischtenstein
celtic league: ireland, scotland, wales, northern ireland
balkan league: slovenia, croatia, bosnia, montenegro, serbia, macedonia, kosovo, albania, bulgaria
happy friends league (my favorite): greece, cyprus, turkey, israel
eastern europe league: czech, slovakia, poland, hungary, belarus, ukraine, moldova, romania

Fun idea,I can just see the hardline Protestants in N.Ireland and Scotland being overjoyed at the prospect of a Celtic league..lol
Captain chang50

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:27 am

and I just saw that the russian minister of sports rejected the idea of a "soviet" league today, that was asked mostly by the zenith saint petersbourg. The minister claims that being within the top 10 leagues in europe it's good enough for him.
Major betiko

Postby GreecePwns on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:08 pm

betiko wrote:and I just saw that the russian minister of sports rejected the idea of a "soviet" league today, that was asked mostly by the zenith saint petersbourg. The minister claims that being within the top 10 leagues in europe it's good enough for him.
I don't see how such a league would exist, it's not like there are more than a couple of clubs in the Baltic or Slavic states that would compete in the Russian league anyway.

At most only the top 2 from Croatia and Serbia would even stand a chance avoiding relegation.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby nietzsche on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:50 pm

And Chicharito does it again!

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Nola_Lifer on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:04 pm

betiko wrote:pelé is a fucking idiot. he played almost all of his games vs half ass teams from the paulista championship, and like 20% of his goals are not completely officially proven. He never had the balls to play in europe, and the only thing he does is criticize everything that is not brazilian.

neymar is a very talented player for sure but he isn't even miles away from the others even in brazil... santos was ridiculous this season!

oh and hat trick for Ibra with the PSG last night, 17 goals in 14 games so far! :shock:

Pele did play in Europe regularly. Santos traveled and played in Europe quite a bit back then. http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/thre ... ew.157423/
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Pirlo on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
betiko wrote:pelé is a fucking idiot. he played almost all of his games vs half ass teams from the paulista championship, and like 20% of his goals are not completely officially proven. He never had the balls to play in europe, and the only thing he does is criticize everything that is not brazilian.

Pele did play in Europe regularly. Santos traveled and played in Europe quite a bit back then. http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/thre ... ew.157423/

Friendly games?
Captain Pirlo

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Friendly games?

I don't think there was any friendly game in the THREE World Cups he won.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Pirlo on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:10 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Friendly games?

Did you know that he didn't actually play in 1962 world cup because he was injured? I think he played less than one game. and did you know that Brazil team during that era was full of legends, like Barca now?
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:37 pm

GreecePwns wrote:
betiko wrote:and I just saw that the russian minister of sports rejected the idea of a "soviet" league today, that was asked mostly by the zenith saint petersbourg. The minister claims that being within the top 10 leagues in europe it's good enough for him.
I don't see how such a league would exist, it's not like there are more than a couple of clubs in the Baltic or Slavic states that would compete in the Russian league anyway.

At most only the top 2 from Croatia and Serbia would even stand a chance avoiding relegation.

"soviet" as in ex USSR, croatia and serbia are ex yougoslavian, never were part of the USSR (even if serbia was very close to the USSR).
I bet that if the shaktar donetsk was in the "soviet league" they would kick the ass of any russian team, including the CSKA and Zenith. But yeah, basically it would mostly be russian+ukranian league, all other ex-ussr countries are irrelevant. Ukrane has at least 4-5 teams that would improve a lot the russian championship (shaktar, dynamo, metalurg, dniepr..). the Bate Borisov from belarus would be good enough as well.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Pirlo wrote:
maxfaraday wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Friendly games?

Did you know that he didn't actually play in 1962 world cup because he was injured? I think he played less than one game. and did you know that Brazil team during that era was full of legends, like Barca now?

oh wow, impressive friendly games. Well I guess Pelé is right, Messi is shit and with 90+ goals this season he still has a lot to prove.

That makes me soooo want argentina to beat brazil in next world cup! (the 2014 world cup will be won by france as everybody knows).

Even though who is worse in "hasbeen" shit talk? pelé, beckenbauer, maradona or cruyff? I hate them all as grumpy old men they are (even if they have my respect as players)
Major betiko

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:03 pm

betiko wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
maxfaraday wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Friendly games?

oh wow, impressive friendly games. Well I guess Pelé is right, Messi is shit and with 90+ goals this season he still has a lot to prove.

That makes me soooo want argentina to beat brazil in next world cup! (the 2014 world cup will be won by france as everybody knows).

Even though who is worse in "hasbeen" shit talk? pelé, beckenbauer, maradona or cruyff? I hate them all as grumpy old men they are (even if they have my respect as players)

Here we go again another messi fanboy...
With Barcelona messi is nothing, without messi Barcelona is still the best team in the world (even though I don't like Barcelona).
Without Maradona Argentina wouldn't have won 86, without Argentina Maradona was/is still a legend.

stats: #1 Pelé (3 world cups and more goals than messi will ever score)

raw talent: #1 George Best

overall: #1 Cruijff

overated: #1 messi ("legally" drugged and having the whole team of Barcelona playing for him)
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:43 pm

lol, this is not even about talking about football or not, it's about being completely subjective.
You are too young for all these guys you are worshiping and you have never seen them play game by game over a whole season.
Again, don't compare pelé's bullshit goal count with almost all his goals scored in a regional champioship from the 50-60s when physical conditions were jokes.

Maradona is a legend because of what he represented and because his attitude, he is a showman, he's been through major up and downs with comebacks. He isn't even close to messi's raw talent, and most of all, CONSISTENCY. Maradona IS the #1 over rated player, given that there is even a religion to worship him.

You are admitting that you don't like barcelona, and guardiola's barcelona is probably the team of the century. I had never seen a team with such ball possesion, consistency and able to atomize any given rival. The fact that they didn't win in 2010 and 2012 the champion's league was pretty much a joke each time, and everybody knows that if they had played 100 times inter and chelsea they would ve lost only once.

"with barcelona messi is nothing"? lol, I think you need to reconsider this joke.

FYI, also look at Messi's statistics and great goals with argentina in 2012. It's not his fault if maradona the jackass was argentina's head coach last world cup and he almost didn't qualify them to south africa when it's the best team on the paper.
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:00 pm

betiko wrote:lol, this is not even about talking about football or not, it's about being completely subjective.
You are too young for all these guys you are worshiping and you have never seen them play game by game over a whole season.
Again, don't compare pelé's bullshit goal count with almost all his goals scored in a regional champioship from the 50-60s when physical conditions were jokes.

Maradona is a legend because of what he represented and because his attitude, he is a showman, he's been through major up and downs with comebacks. He isn't even close to messi's raw talent, and most of all, CONSISTENCY. Maradona IS the #1 over rated player, given that there is even a religion to worship him.

You are admitting that you don't like barcelona, and guardiola's barcelona is probably the team of the century. I had never seen a team with such ball possesion, consistency and able to atomize any given rival. The fact that they didn't win in 2010 and 2012 the champion's league was pretty much a joke each time, and everybody knows that if they had played 100 times inter and chelsea they would ve lost only once.

"with barcelona messi is nothing"? lol, I think you need to reconsider this joke.

FYI, also look at Messi's statistics and great goals with argentina in 2012. It's not his fault if maradona the jackass was argentina's head coach last world cup and he almost didn't qualify them to south africa when it's the best team on the paper.

Dun worry Betiko, he's a hater :lol:

As for the quote in red, I believe he meant to say "Without."

Captain Pirlo

Postby chang50 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:50 am

nietzsche wrote:And Chicharito does it again!

Ugh..... I hate Man U with a passion you can only imagine,the happiest day of my life was 20/10/1996,Newcastle U 5 Man U 0,and I was there..
Captain chang50

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:39 am

Actually, i call it to be useless wording for a player to be everything or nothing, with this without that whatever.
Messi is nothing without iniesta and xavi...What an outstanding!!! idea this is, lol.
Without messi, barca WILL sure suck it up bad. Take him out to see...
This is football, being played with 11 players, a team game...

Maradona is being compared with pele, he is with brazillian ronaldo, this is with that and so...
You are missing the change of time...Change in time brought a lot of changes in football, in any sports, in any field...
In years pele played, football was personal abilities more than atletizm, muscle, stamina, whatever. In years, footballers are asked to have additional abilities to be addition over their playing skills...So, comparing a football player with another, the question when he played actively has got a lot to say...

To me, the best footballer ever, it is Former Brazillian Striker Ronaldo...Far far better than any other exsited or existing now. Numbers, scored goals, statistics who cares. He used to be an artist, used to be a form of God showing himself on the field. Didnt have such an entertainment to be close to one i used to get when ronaldo was on the pitch.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Jamie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:48 am

How misleading. I see a thread called "Football (real)" and when I click on it, is's not about football at all, it's about soccer. Just call the thread "soccer" or "European football"
Highest score to date: 2704 (June 25, 2008)
Highest on Scoreboard: 86 (June 25, 2008)
Highest Rank : Colonel (May 27, 2008)
Lowest Score to date : 776 (Nov 20, 2012)
Lowest Rank to date: Cook (Nov 20, 2012)
Shortest game won: 15 seconds - Game 12127866
Corporal 1st Class Jamie

Postby chang50 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:02 am

Jamie wrote:How misleading. I see a thread called "Football (real)" and when I click on it, is's not about football at all, it's about soccer. Just call the thread "soccer" or "European football"

Or the 'beautiful game',as it is known worldwide.Go back to your parochial minority interest sports which the rest of the world couldn't care less about.. :roll:
Captain chang50

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:53 am

Jamie wrote:How misleading. I see a thread called "Football (real)" and when I click on it, is's not about football at all, it's about soccer. Just call the thread "soccer" or "European football"

lol, 4% of the world thinks of a sport only about commercials played with the hands when you mention football. You are a minority, deal with it.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,