Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:15 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Come on the Republic of Ireland, lets get a clean sweep.

Its still a farce that N. Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England are separate teams.

what about the farce of having gibraltar counted asa nation now? FFS, there is no logic there. How is that rock a nation whatsoever??? All sons of brit sailors and spanish whores.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:21 am

Apparently the republic of Ireland may end up in pot 3. It would be fun to have a group of England, Ireland, Wales/N-Ireland, xxx
Or Russia-Bosnia-Albania. They'll fucking kill eachother :D
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:06 am

well wales and northern ireland being both in pot 4 they won't be able to face each other.... but I hope there will be a group with 3 teams out of england/ireland/northern ireland/wales
I think the biggest russian haters in the world are the polish, why don't you make a group with these two hehe! and what's wrong with ukraine?
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:29 pm

What is the future of European football?
MONDAY, 15 FEBRUARY 2016, 19:26 - Bacardiboy
Logo Anderlecht-Online

OTHER Het Nieuwsblad publishes a remarkable article on the future of European football today. The ECA (European Club Association), of which Anderlecht are also a member, had a meeting about the possible organisation of a European B-league last Friday.

The Premier League will be making so much profit out of television rights next season that they will financially completely blow away the other European teams. The other top countries: Germany, Spain, France and Italy want to react on that with a European Superliga. The other countries, ranked five to fourteen on the world ranking, are planning to create a European B-league.

It is not sure yet how exactly these different leagues would be organized. This might replace the current Champions League but it is even possible that the top teams will leave their respective national competitions. Weekends are financially more profitable than weekdays... This is surely to be continued.

Anderlecht is being represented by Michel Verschueren in the ECA. Also the other four Belgian top teams are members.

https://www.anderlecht-online.be/en/article/138868

Not sure I like the idea of a european superleague and B-league :shock:
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Pirlo on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:23 pm

waauw wrote:
Logo Anderlecht-Online

OTHER Het Nieuwsblad publishes a remarkable article on the future of European football today. The ECA (European Club Association), of which Anderlecht are also a member, had a meeting about the possible organisation of a European B-league last Friday.

The Premier League will be making so much profit out of television rights next season that they will financially completely blow away the other European teams. The other top countries: Germany, Spain, France and Italy want to react on that with a European Superliga. The other countries, ranked five to fourteen on the world ranking, are planning to create a European B-league.

It is not sure yet how exactly these different leagues would be organized. This might replace the current Champions League but it is even possible that the top teams will leave their respective national competitions. Weekends are financially more profitable than weekdays... This is surely to be continued.

Anderlecht is being represented by Michel Verschueren in the ECA. Also the other four Belgian top teams are members.

Sounds nonsense to me. We've been hearing a lot of rumors of that sort. If the La Liga officials happened to agree to distribute the revenues evenly, or at least more fairly, we could see a very different competition in Spain.

The English clubs may no longer be the strongest in Europe, but the Premier League is definitely the most competitive. I'd guess they should thank the fair distribution of cash in the end of the season.

In a side note, I think the Champions League is missing the old tough Man United!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Symmetry on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:44 pm

Pirlo wrote:
waauw wrote:
Logo Anderlecht-Online

Sounds nonsense to me. We've been hearing a lot of rumors of that sort. If the La Liga officials happened to agree to distribute the revenues evenly, or at least more fairly, we could see a very different competition in Spain.

The English clubs may no longer be the strongest in Europe, but the Premier League is definitely the most competitive. I'd guess they should thank the fair distribution of cash in the end of the season.

In a side note, I think the Champions League is missing the old tough Man United!

Damn right, Leicester top of the league. English football still reigns supreme, even if our national sides tend to dissapoint.

Can't say I'm sad about Man U though. They had their run, and it's increasingly obvious that it was down to a brilliant manager plus money.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby waauw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:49 pm

Pirlo wrote:In a side note, I think the Champions League is missing the old tough Man United!

I hold the same feelings about the old AC Milan. Hope to see them playing european football soon.

Symmetry wrote:Damn right, Leicester top of the league. English football still reigns supreme, even if our national sides tend to dissapoint.

Can't say I'm sad about Man U though. They had their run, and it's increasingly obvious that it was down to a brilliant manager plus money.

I think Leicester, although amazing, will still lose it against Tottenham in the end. Vardy-Mahrez have been absolutely fenomenal, but Tottenham seems to be a lot more balanced as a team. I fear what would happen to Leicester if something were to happen to one of those two Leicester-players.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Symmetry on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:59 pm

waauw wrote:
Pirlo wrote:In a side note, I think the Champions League is missing the old tough Man United!

I hold the same feelings about the old AC Milan. Hope to see them playing european football soon.

Symmetry wrote:Damn right, Leicester top of the league. English football still reigns supreme, even if our national sides tend to dissapoint.

I think Leicester, although amazing, will still lose it against Tottenham in the end. Vardy-Mahrez have been absolutely fenomenal, but Tottenham seems to be a lot more balanced as a team. I fear what would happen to Leicester if something were to happen to one of those two Leicester-players.

Injuries are kind of a worry. I'm a Man City fan myself, but I'd hesitate to call Leicester a team that relies on star players. If anything, the way they work together has been the success story against teams that think throwing money at a position will create a team.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Pirlo on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:10 pm

waauw wrote:

I'd say all Italian clubs, and even the Serie A itself need a serious revamp. There might be too much corruption in Italian football, I don't know!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Maxleod on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:28 pm

As much as I hate to say it, since I'm a United fan, they won't be in the CL next season either. Nor will AC Milan for that matters, but I don't care about that.
Sergeant 1st Class Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby waauw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:48 pm

Pirlo wrote:
waauw wrote:

I'd say all Italian clubs, and even the Serie A itself need a serious revamp. There might be too much corruption in Italian football, I don't know!

Well that and Italian football just went bankrupt. Luckily things are changing now that Italian teams are being taken over by billionaires with deeper pockets.

Maxleod wrote:As much as I hate to say it, since I'm a United fan, they won't be in the CL next season either. Nor will AC Milan for that matters, but I don't care about that.

You don't know that. If Milan beats Napoli tomorrow, they'll be 4 points from 4th place. Milan hasn't lost a single game since they switched over to the 442-formation.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Pirlo on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:22 am

waauw wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
waauw wrote:

Well that and Italian football just went bankrupt. Luckily things are changing now that Italian teams are being taken over by billionaires with deeper pockets.

I'm afraid Italy is not a healthy environment for football investment though. Once Cesare Maldini said that copyrights are not protected over there, and he meant fake kits and products are spread all over. One more and big problems, the stadia are not owned by the clubs, which that makes their ticket revenues much less than it should be.

The post-modern football is almost all about money; the more you pay, the more competitive you can be. The real superstars who can make a difference would no longer choose to strive with struggling teams; they would rather join a big club that can fulfill their ambitions of wining trophies, especially the Champions League one, which brings them the joy of prestige. This cause a huge imbalance. I think we can blame the media a press for over-concentrating on the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, and of course, their super big collections of awards and trophies. In other words, most players have become trophy whores, and only few clubs can offer this.
Captain Pirlo

Postby waauw on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:26 am

Pirlo wrote:
waauw wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
waauw wrote:

I'm afraid Italy is not a healthy environment for football investment though. Once Cesare Maldini said that copyrights are not protected over there, and he meant fake kits and products are spread all over. One more and big problems, the stadia are not owned by the clubs, which that makes their ticket revenues much less than it should be.

The post-modern football is almost all about money; the more you pay, the more competitive you can be. The real superstars who can make a difference would no longer choose to strive with struggling teams; they would rather join a big club that can fulfill their ambitions of wining trophies, especially the Champions League one, which brings them the joy of prestige. This cause a huge imbalance. I think we can blame the media a press for over-concentrating on the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, and of course, their super big collections of awards and trophies. In other words, most players have become trophy whores, and only few clubs can offer this.

I did not know about the copyrights. But if that's the case, than I guess you are right.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Pirlo on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:38 am

waauw wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
waauw wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
waauw wrote:

I did not know about the copyrights. But if that's the case, than I guess you are right.

Well, I can't be 100% sure of this, but it's what an iconic ex-coach once said on beIN Sports. It was a few years ago, so it might have changed, or it least I hope so!
Captain Pirlo

Postby waauw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Lieutenant waauw

Postby Pirlo on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Leicester City :shock:
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:17 am

Pirlo wrote:Leicester City :shock:

yup!
they just did what montpellier did in france in 2012 with olivier giroud.... even though winning the bpl is much harder.
But in terms of status.. that's what they did. and there was already carlo ancelotti's PSG back then, they lost the league by 1 point.
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:56 pm

betiko wrote:

yup!
they just did what montpellier did in france in 2012 with olivier giroud.... even though winning the bpl is much harder.
But in terms of status.. that's what they did. and there was already carlo ancelotti's PSG back then, they lost the league by 1 point.

I'm just glad for meek Ranieri who will finally be superior to asshole Mourinho! :lol:
Captain Pirlo

Postby waauw on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:

yup!

I'm just glad for meek Ranieri who will finally be superior to asshole Mourinho! :lol:

Ranieri will still have a lot to show before he gets anywhere close to Mourinho's track record. Mourinho has 2 Champions league victories, 1 europa league, 2 portuguese titles, 3 BPL titles, 2 Serie A titles, 1 Primera Division title and then still a bunch of league cup wins and supercups.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:10 pm

waauw wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:

yup!

Ranieri will still have a lot to show before he gets anywhere close to Mourinho's track record. Mourinho has 2 Champions league victories, 1 europa league, 2 portuguese titles, 3 BPL titles, 2 Serie A titles, 1 Primera Division title and then still a bunch of league cup wins and supercups.

just checked and he only won second division titles with fiorentina and monaco.... an italian cup, a spanish cup and the rest crap.
If I remember well, he was coaching chelsea when abramovich bought the club and startd his first big investment... sacked the next season to be replaced by mourinho. that should be around 2004, his chelsea eliminated by deschamp's monaco in CL semi finals, and then monaco losing against mourinho's porto.
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:57 pm

waauw wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:

yup!

Sorry if I failed to make myself clear. I meant Ranieri will come superior to Mourinho in one season.. the current one; Mou was sacked, and Ranieri is 3 points away from glory. I never meant he would surplus Mourinho's career achievements.
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:56 am

So real vs Atletico for the final again?
Still not over how Paris sucked big time against city.
Definitely my biggest football disapointment of the year so far.
Major betiko

Postby benga on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:40 am

betiko wrote:So real vs Atletico for the final again?

wait for the euro ;)
Sergeant benga

Postby waauw on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:43 am

Is Silva out for ManC in Bernabeu?
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:10 pm

benga wrote:
betiko wrote:So real vs Atletico for the final again?

wait for the euro ;)

where do you see france kicked out? if you tell me in group stage, you're not serious... since you're pretty sure to make it through winning 1 losing 2 in group stage. I'm pretty sure 2 draws and a loss could work too.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,