Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:20 am

And when I chose Club America they werent the most winning team in Mexico, but they are now.

And I sucked it up when Barcelona was dominating everything. And probably Barcelona's era hasnt ended, that doesnt mean I'm going to switch teams.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby waauw on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:09 am

betiko wrote:Nah You got nietzsche who is the prototype of the guy sucking on winners.... Real madrid, manchester united, club america....
And supporting Marseille in France is a bit like supporting Ajax to tell the truth... But I support them because it s my home town not because of their trophy room!
My other theam is the real betis and we are in second division :( although we are leading the league and we should be back in spanish first division next year if nothing silly happens.

I don t even know which team waauw roots for?

I root for K. Lierse S.K., a club about to relegate back to second division in Belgium :cry: :cry:
Lierse is the last small club in Belgium to have won the belgian top division(RIP 1997). Traditionally we've also had one of the best youth systems in the country and one of the most fervent fanbases. Not many small clubs bring as many fans with when playing away-games. Currently Lierse is gets all the Jean-Marc Guillou players, the first football academy of its kind in europe. Its an experiment. We've been playing with what's probably the youngest team in the league all season long.

Aside from Lierse I just cheer for whatever team belgians play at usually, though I have to admit I have a particular preference to cheer for AS Roma and AC Milan. However the idiotic nationalist comments Berlusconi has been outing pissed me off. Lamentably I also have to admit that I cheered for the italians in 2006(from beginning to end :oops: )
I just loved the immensily dangerous italian counter football style.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:29 am

WaauW... What the f*ck is wrong with the belgian league? Can you please explain the playoffs system? Each time i look at belgian results i understand shit. This is the most complicated league system ever with playoffs to playoffs to playoffs for the titleor for the relegation. You guys are high as kites!
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:06 pm

betiko wrote:WaauW... What the f*ck is wrong with the belgian league? Can you please explain the playoffs system? Each time i look at belgian results i understand shit. This is the most complicated league system ever with playoffs to playoffs to playoffs for the titleor for the relegation. You guys are high as kites!

If you think that's bad, you should try and figure out our political system. Even us belgians don't completely understand that one anymore.
How it works:
  • season: everybody plays everybody twice
  • playoffs: play-off 1(top 6 teams play each other, with season points cut in half), play-off 2(teams 7-14 play each-other in 2 groups), play-off 3(bottom 2 play eachother 5x, but nr 15 starts with a 3 point advantage)
  • play-off 1 results: top 2 play champions league qualifiers, 3rd one plays europa league qualifiers, 4th plays best team of play-off 2 for remaining europa league spot
  • play-off 2 results: top team in each group play each other and the winner plays against the nr 4 team in play-off 1 for remaining europa league spot
  • play-off 3 results: winner plays 'eindronden' against three 2nd division teams, winner stays or goes to 1st division. loser of play-off 3 relegates
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:58 pm

lol so how many games in a season can that be if you have the longest series of playoffs? I guess it's the guys playing playoofs 3?

also, you have the belgian cup I guess, do you also have a belgian league cup?

Paris and Bastia were playing the french league cup final tonight, Paris just won 4-0 with 2 from ibra 2 from Cavani.
On wednesday, paris was playing the french cup semi finals and beat Saint Etienne 4-1 with a hat trick from Ibrahimovic (and one from lavezzi). They will play the final against Auxerre who is in second division this season.
They are still 1st in the league with 1 point advance over Lyon.

Bottom line, Paris could win the 3 national titles in the same season... no one has ever done that. And they are also still in champions league quarter finals... playing Barcelona on wednesday.
Great season for Paris, I would've never imagined them doing so good given how bad their first half of the season was.

I still think barcelona will eliminate them...

by the way, Ibrahimovic is about to become the best scorer of all times of PSG after just 3 seasons! He has scored 104 goals right now and the record is 109, held by Pauleta. I wonder if he will beat it by the end of the season, given that he is suspended against barcelona and he has a 4 games suspension in the french league...
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:04 pm

for play-off 1: 41 games
for play-off 2: 38 games
for play-off 3: 41 games

+ 5 games in belgian cup + european games(Club Bruges still in europa league :D )

and I hope PSG beats barca. Never like it when they advance, purely because everybody else seems to cheer for barca :twisted:
Last edited by waauw on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:10 pm

waauw wrote:for play-off 1: 41 games

+ 5 games in belgian cup + european games(Club Bruges still in europa league :D )

only 5 games in the belgian cup???????

in france; 5 in the league cup, 6 in the cup if you are in first division. The league cup is just for professional clubs (20 fisrt division, 20 second division +4 third division that still have a professional status), and the cup is for absolutely any french club. The round where 1st division clubs enter in is actually round 8... so that is 14 rounds total to win the cup if you and your buddies want to win it with your sunday morning team.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:16 pm

betiko wrote:
waauw wrote:for play-off 1: 41 games

only 5 games in the belgian cup???????

in france; 5 in the league cup, 6 in the cup if you are in first division. The league cup is just for professional clubs (20 fisrt division, 20 second division +4 third division that still have a professional status), and the cup is for absolutely any french club. The round where 1st division clubs enter in is actually round 8... so that is 14 rounds total to win the cup if you and your buddies want to win it with your sunday morning team.

Starting with 32nd. But I was mistaken. It's more than 5 games... it's 9 games. All except for the finals are home and away. :P
Lieutenant waauw

Postby JBlombier on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Surely we have to talk football now.

A clean draw in Madrid and an excellent show of quality in Paris. I missed Ibrahimovic, though. Maybe the score would've been the same, but the game wouldn't have been. I enjoyed tonight's match.

Also, Porto - Bayern 3 - 1 is awesome. I can only dare to hope for Porto to advance. I strongly doubt it, but it'd be great, because it's painfully obvious that Bayern isn't as strong without the players that couldn't play tonight.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:17 pm

JBlombier wrote:Surely we have to talk football now.

A clean draw in Madrid and an excellent show of quality in Paris. I missed Ibrahimovic, though. Maybe the score would've been the same, but the game wouldn't have been. I enjoyed tonight's match.

Also, Porto - Bayern 3 - 1 is awesome. I can only dare to hope for Porto to advance. I strongly doubt it, but it'd be great, because it's painfully obvious that Bayern isn't as strong without the players that couldn't play tonight.

I was amazed at how everyone thought it was going to be a walk in the park for Bayern. As if nobody really saw a Porto match in the season and just ventured a guess because it was Bayern.

Not sure if Porto will advance but for sure they'll give a fight. I've been following Porto, watches maybe 15 games of the season, and I can tell they have a lot of talent. Midfield is impressive and to the attack they're very dangerous with Jackson, Brahimi, Tello.

PSG had a difficult task and if you add they didnt have Thiago Motta, Verrati and Ibrahimovic you could say a Barca victory was not unexpected. David Luiz is not a good central defender IMO, every time I saw him play good he was a midfielder.

RM - Atletico is 59-41 IMO. Juventus won't have it easy, if they want to advance they will have to score.
General nietzsche

Postby waauw on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:10 pm

This game just showed how much PSG depends on Ibrahimovic. Barca had Neymar, Messi and Suarez in front. No matter which one has an off-day there is always one of them able to show his magic. Take ibra away from PSG and they're complete shit on the offensive.
As for their defence, they just have too much bad luck. Thiago silva injured early game, David Luiz not in shape, thiago motta injured. That's like having PiquƩ, Busquets and Alba injured on the barca side.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:12 pm

terrible quarter finals for both french teams.
For Paris.... if they don't have their motta-verratti-matuidi midfield it's not the same. Much more important than ibra's absence. And barcelona was ust too good. Also I'm sorry nietzsche but... 66% possession for barcelona... you don't like when a team has too much the ball like they do but once again they prove that it's really effective.
Regarding David Luiz I have to agree. But Thiago Silva got injured a few minutes after the game started, on neymar's first goal he had already been injured for 10 minutes and he couldn't defend on him... 1-3 it's over.
They need to score 3 in the nou camp... and receive just 1 goal maximum, no way. Barcelona would need to have a really bad day.
Also for monaco.... they had a clear penalty on the first half that wasn't whistled and the penatly for juventus wasn't... it was out of the surface. Carvalho just ran into morata as he was looking at the ball in the air, outside the surface, morata falls in and bam... Juventus will score at least one in monaco, so monaco would have to score 3... it's game over.
And bloody crap with Porto... I really don't want them to pass.... Same thing, bayern had many key players out, just like Paris.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:17 pm

waauw wrote:This game just showed how much PSG depends on Ibrahimovic. Barca had Neymar, Messi and Suarez in front. No matter which one has an off-day there is always one of them able to show his magic. Take ibra away from PSG and they're complete shit on the offensive.
As for their defence, they just have too much bad luck. Thiago silva injured early game, David Luiz not in shape, thiago motta injured. That's like having PiquƩ, Busquets and Alba injured on the barca side.

Can you remind me the last time Ibra did anything throughout his career in champions league bracket stage? He is just never at his best for the big games.
Also, I think Paris misses Lucas Moura a lot... he's been injured for quite some time and he is just recovered. He would do definitely better than lavezzi.

But the midfield... gosh. they got completely eaten up. Too many key players out and now they got no chance for the second leg...
Major betiko

Postby JBlombier on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:28 pm

nietzsche wrote:I was amazed at how everyone thought it was going to be a walk in the park for Bayern. As if nobody really saw a Porto match in the season and just ventured a guess because it was Bayern.

Not sure if Porto will advance but for sure they'll give a fight. I've been following Porto, watches maybe 15 games of the season, and I can tell they have a lot of talent. Midfield is impressive and to the attack they're very dangerous with Jackson, Brahimi, Tello.

I'll admit to the fact that I haven't followed Porto at all and relied purely on my previous knowledge. Still, Bayern in good shape is able to beat any team in the world when it all comes together. But Bayern wasn't in good shape and obviously Porto was (which they are for quite some time, I'll take your word on that). Porto in the Allianz Arena is my favourite return already.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby nietzsche on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:20 am

crap

Without Modric, Marcelo, Bale and Benzema vs Atletico.

Of all of them, the one we'll miss more is Modric. Stupid Ancelloti and his lack of rotation.

Players that haven't had minutes during the season like Chicharito, Jesse, Coentrao and Illarra now have to play a tough elimination game. Awful management by Ancelloti. Add to that that he continues to play Casillas over Keylor, when it's no secret to anyone that Casillas is not the same goalie anymore and makes stupid mistakes that cost important goals.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:35 pm

VAMOS PORTO!

VAMOS PSG!
General nietzsche

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:52 pm

nietzsche wrote:VAMOS PORTO!

VAMOS PSG!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby nietzsche on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Vamos means "they're going to lose" in spanish.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:05 pm

well, at least I'm happy that bayern ass kicked porto... I hate that club. So nietzsche... what were you saying? that we had no clue of porto's real worth? :P

and PSG... absolutely ridiculous. They were nowhere and couldn't make a single pass corectly. They didn't believe and showed some real apathy, really terrible. I watched bayern porto instead after a while. It was all decided after the first leg anyways. Monaco has a little hope tomorrow... but the only thing I see possible is to see them win 1-0 and make it to the penaltys. Then they'll have to face buffon... and seing how they got eliminated in french cups on penaltys they suck at it. Ok, that's it, I have no hope for monaco tomorrow.

I can't see madrid not making it against atletico... It will be a tough fight.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:05 pm

nietzsche wrote:Vamos means "they're going to lose" in spanish.

perhaps in mexican then! :lol:
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:10 am

betiko wrote:well, at least I'm happy that bayern ass kicked porto... I hate that club. So nietzsche... what were you saying? that we had no clue of porto's real worth? :P

I don't know what the heck happened. I can only blame Lopetegui.

I know he didn't have many options, but he put Reyes as a a right wing back, when he's never played there, he's never played in the champions, in fact the only time he's played with lopetegui was last weekend because he wanted to give rest to his starters. Reyes did nothing, some say he allowed the pass in the first goal but if you pay attention, it was Quaresma who was supposed to close there. Then, when Porto had already eaten 3 goals, he substitutes him. What a prick.

Anyway, with a real goalkeeper Porto would've started the second half needing only one goal. And the match of Maicon was ridiculously poor.

As I said, I wasn't sure Porto would advance, but Porto did play great matches this season.
General nietzsche

Postby got tonkaed on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:03 am

Real will have a pretty tough time without Modric. I think id honestly favor Atletico.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Damn it. 0-0 monaco-juve, another couple of penaltys that weren t whistled in monaco s favour.. So the juve makes it scoring 1 penalty in 2 games, and monaco wasn t awareded any with 1 pretty clear in each of the 2 games. Abdenour from monaco is such a great defense, kondogbia in the midfield is awesome too.
All team qualified for semis will pray to draw the juve... Clearly the weakest left.

I havent seen the madrid derby, will look at the extended highlights right now as i don t want to know what happened before watching them.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:45 pm

I came
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:41 pm

nietzsche wrote:I came

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I came (no pun intended) here precisely to ask you if you came after I watched the highlights! :lol: :lol:

Gosh... Now america vs impact, what a day for you!
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,