Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:01 am

HardAttack wrote:Actually, i call it to be useless wording for a player to be everything or nothing, with this without that whatever.
Messi is nothing without iniesta and xavi...What an outstanding!!! idea this is, lol.
Without messi, barca WILL sure suck it up bad. Take him out to see...
This is football, being played with 11 players, a team game...

Maradona is being compared with pele, he is with brazillian ronaldo, this is with that and so...
You are missing the change of time...Change in time brought a lot of changes in football, in any sports, in any field...
In years pele played, football was personal abilities more than atletizm, muscle, stamina, whatever. In years, footballers are asked to have additional abilities to be addition over their playing skills...So, comparing a football player with another, the question when he played actively has got a lot to say...

To me, the best footballer ever, it is Former Brazillian Striker Ronaldo...Far far better than any other exsited or existing now. Numbers, scored goals, statistics who cares. He used to be an artist, used to be a form of God showing himself on the field. Didnt have such an entertainment to be close to one i used to get when ronaldo was on the pitch.

I have to agree that for me Ronaldo was the best striker I have ever witnessed (in his early years, mostly in barcelona). His career is full of up and downs, and I've always liked him, he looks like a very good guy (I think it's insulting you even have to call him brazilian ronaldo). I don't think he is the best footballer ever though.

I still have problems realzing that when I was a teenager and ronaldo scored 34 goals in 1 season with barcelona I thought I would never see again such thing, and if you look at the goals scored these past 2 years in the liga by top strikers it's just unreal... C.Ronaldo, Messi and Falcao, are you fucking serious? how is that even possible? And yes, none of them has the talent of Ronaldo, but how can they be so damn consistent? how can they be never injured and play every freaking game??
Major betiko

Postby maxfaraday on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 am

betiko wrote: And yes, none of them has the talent of Ronaldo, but how can they be so damn consistent? how can they be never injured and play every freaking game??

You might not remember, but Ronaldo was injured (badly) a few times...
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby chang50 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 am

betiko wrote:
HardAttack wrote:Actually, i call it to be useless wording for a player to be everything or nothing, with this without that whatever.
Messi is nothing without iniesta and xavi...What an outstanding!!! idea this is, lol.
Without messi, barca WILL sure suck it up bad. Take him out to see...
This is football, being played with 11 players, a team game...

Maradona is being compared with pele, he is with brazillian ronaldo, this is with that and so...
You are missing the change of time...Change in time brought a lot of changes in football, in any sports, in any field...
In years pele played, football was personal abilities more than atletizm, muscle, stamina, whatever. In years, footballers are asked to have additional abilities to be addition over their playing skills...So, comparing a football player with another, the question when he played actively has got a lot to say...

To me, the best footballer ever, it is Former Brazillian Striker Ronaldo...Far far better than any other exsited or existing now. Numbers, scored goals, statistics who cares. He used to be an artist, used to be a form of God showing himself on the field. Didnt have such an entertainment to be close to one i used to get when ronaldo was on the pitch.

I have to agree that for me Ronaldo was the best striker I have ever witnessed (in his early years, mostly in barcelona). His career is full of up and downs, and I've always liked him, he looks like a very good guy (I think it's insulting you even have to call him brazilian ronaldo). I don't think he is the best footballer ever though.

I still have problems realzing that when I was a teenager and ronaldo scored 34 goals in 1 season with barcelona I thought I would never see again such thing, and if you look at the goals scored these past 2 years in the liga by top strikers it's just unreal... C.Ronaldo, Messi and Falcao, are you fucking serious? how is that even possible? And yes, none of them has the talent of Ronaldo, but how can they be so damn consistent? how can they be never injured and play every freaking game??

For pure finishing ability how about Gerd Muller,'Der Bomber'?
Captain chang50

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:40 am

Well, there sure were great names, with excellent finishing abilities. To me Former Brazillian Ronaldo is not one of them. If he had such finishing capabilities, then it wudnt be surprise to me him to finish a season with 80 goals, 2 goals/game avarage or even more. What used to make him amazing, mostly his ball control, technique, speed/pace, acceleration, intelligence in game play, fakes, astonishing moves, and more, but not finishing abilities. It was year 2000, Lazio-Inter game, coppa italia quarter finals, it was the only moment i saw him was a human, other than that i used to believe he was something else but not a human truely. Hey, how can ever happen a player to maximize his control, intelligence, athletic capacities all in harmony working amazing to the max ? Really really unbelievable it was...And another interesting point, he had been transferred to inter from barcelona for 19 million. If it wud happened today, no no little doubt, it wudnt be any less than 130 million. Maradona's coming to barca, not sure i think it is in 1982 or somewhere around there, it was 0.5 million barca paid to boca.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:50 am

Some folks above, calls it barca wud still do ok without messi...
An example, not to very well model but sure will put light on the matter....

Maradona stayed 1-2 years in barcelona, barcelona being his first european route, he played 2/3 of season, but remaining games, he was out of the squad due to his injured situation...Barca had lead while maradona was in the squad, and when he left due to injuries, barca lost important points, so the la liga and european thropies. Maradona, in 2 seasons in barcelona, did not have a chance to play whole season due to injuries. Barca's performance very well was tied to existence of maradona those years. And to me, it is same with messi today.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:54 am

maxfaraday wrote:
betiko wrote: And yes, none of them has the talent of Ronaldo, but how can they be so damn consistent? how can they be never injured and play every freaking game??

You might not remember, but Ronaldo was injured (badly) a few times...

of course I remember, but unless you missread I mentioned his career was full of up and downs and his best season was when he was 19 playing for barcelona and "only" scored 34 goals. He never had the consistency of cristiano ronaldo or messi as these guys are able to score 30+ goals year after year. Having a great phisical condition is part of the abilities of a player. Look at Robben for example, this guy is an awesome player but he can't play half of the games in a full season ever because he is too fragile. Nevertheless, ronaldo with the ball was the scariest shit I had ever witnessed when he was at his best.

regarding gerd "torpedo" muller, I didn't have the chance to really see him in action, but from my understanding he was more the type of guy who was an excellent finisher inside the box, one of the very best ever, not a guy who would create stuff that much.
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:58 am

Not sure, but i believe today's footballers playing 10 maybe even more games than footballes of 10-15 years ago due to new shape and schedule of european competitions.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:13 am

HardAttack wrote:Well, there sure were great names, with excellent finishing abilities. To me Former Brazillian Ronaldo is not one of them. If he had such finishing capabilities, then it wudnt be surprise to me him to finish a season with 80 goals, 2 goals/game avarage or even more. What used to make him amazing, mostly his ball control, technique, speed/pace, acceleration, intelligence in game play, fakes, astonishing moves, and more, but not finishing abilities. It was year 2000, Lazio-Inter game, coppa italia quarter finals, it was the only moment i saw him was a human, other than that i used to believe he was something else but not a human truely. Hey, how can ever happen a player to maximize his control, intelligence, athletic capacities all in harmony working amazing to the max ? Really really unbelievable it was...And another interesting point, he had been transferred to inter from barcelona for 19 million. If it wud happened today, no no little doubt, it wudnt be any less than 130 million. Maradona's coming to barca, not sure i think it is in 1982 or somewhere around there, it was 0.5 million barca paid to boca.

Maradona signed for Barcelona for 8 million dollars back in 82, which was a huge thing, not 0,5. In the early 80s the spanish league was dominated by the bask teams (athletic and real sociedad) that won nearly everything, and maradona just won a copa del rey there. That team was not extraordinary, he really did great things when he played for napoli.

And Ronaldo signed up for Inter for 30,5 million euros one year after being recruited for 18 million euros by the Barça from the PSV.

But yes, prices have become more and more crazy, we know that, with so many clubs increasing their debts year after year because there has been very little control on the budgets. Hopefully Platini is changing this with the financial fair play.
Major betiko

Postby Jamie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:22 am

chang50 wrote:
Jamie wrote:How misleading. I see a thread called "Football (real)" and when I click on it, is's not about football at all, it's about soccer. Just call the thread "soccer" or "European football"

Or the 'beautiful game',as it is known worldwide.Go back to your parochial minority interest sports which the rest of the world couldn't care less about.. :roll:

Really?? The Superbowl is viewed by over 1 BILLION people each year, 2nd only to the world cup final, and not by much. The US population is just short of 350 million people, and only about 100 million of those watch the game, so there are TEN times as many people watching the superbowl outside of the US then within it. The NFL also plays games in Canada and England every year, and wants to place a team in London at Wembley Stadium. It would seem to me that Football is the 3rd most popular sport in the world behind only Soccer and Baseball, both of whom have a worldwide tournament. Football has already surpassed baseball in popularity here in the US, and it will soon be number 2 in the world, and in time it may even surpass soccer.
Highest score to date: 2704 (June 25, 2008)
Highest on Scoreboard: 86 (June 25, 2008)
Highest Rank : Colonel (May 27, 2008)
Lowest Score to date : 776 (Nov 20, 2012)
Lowest Rank to date: Cook (Nov 20, 2012)
Shortest game won: 15 seconds - Game 12127866
Corporal 1st Class Jamie

Postby Jamie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 am

betiko wrote:
Jamie wrote:How misleading. I see a thread called "Football (real)" and when I click on it, is's not about football at all, it's about soccer. Just call the thread "soccer" or "European football"

lol, 4% of the world thinks of a sport only about commercials played with the hands when you mention football. You are a minority, deal with it.

um the US population represents 5% of the world population just by itself, so your figure is already wrong, and then your figures doesnt account for the fact Canada prefers football over soccer, and the millions more around the world who prefer football over soccer. I would say the figure is much closer to 10% rather then 4%. And the fact that the sport does NOT involve hands is one of the major flaws in the game. Soccer would be FAR more interesting if the players could volley the ball with their hands or balled up fist. The hands are the two most coordinated athletic parts on the human body, and they are eliminated from use in the worlds most popular sport. And for the record, I did NOT insult soccer, I just said the title of the thread is misleading, and offered two very real unsarcastic suggestions. If anything the title does in fact insult American football, the worlds 3rd most popular sport.
Highest score to date: 2704 (June 25, 2008)
Highest on Scoreboard: 86 (June 25, 2008)
Highest Rank : Colonel (May 27, 2008)
Lowest Score to date : 776 (Nov 20, 2012)
Lowest Rank to date: Cook (Nov 20, 2012)
Shortest game won: 15 seconds - Game 12127866
Corporal 1st Class Jamie

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:47 am

Jamie wrote:
chang50 wrote:

Or the 'beautiful game',as it is known worldwide.Go back to your parochial minority interest sports which the rest of the world couldn't care less about.. :roll:

Really?? The Superbowl is viewed by over 1 BILLION people each year, 2nd only to the world cup final, and not by much. The US population is just short of 350 million people, and only about 100 million of those watch the game, so there are TEN times as many people watching the superbowl outside of the US then within it. The NFL also plays games in Canada and England every year, and wants to place a team in London at Wembley Stadium. It would seem to me that Football is the 3rd most popular sport in the world behind only Soccer and Baseball, both of whom have a worldwide tournament. Football has already surpassed baseball in popularity here in the US, and it will soon be number 2 in the world, and in time it may even surpass soccer.

baseball seriously? who watched baseball other than americans, cubans and japanese?

And seriously, maybe someone will tell me I'm wrong, but for any european the most followed US sport championship is the NBA by far.
Absolutely no one gives a f*ck about baseball in europe, and then I'd say people are equally interested in NHL and NFL once in a while. The fact that the NFL is selling well it's TV rights for the superbowl doesn't mean people really watch it. Someone watching 10 minutes just to see what's it's about or to see the half time show is not interested in the sport, but just curious about the event. How many people worldwide are able to tell you the next day who won the superbowl? not even half of the supposed audience for sure. Also, the superbowl usually ends on sundays at 3 or 4 in the morning european time, only trully passionate would watch it.
They have already tried to create a european NFL, and trully no one gives a f*ck. Rugby is way too popular in the uk+ireland+france+ maybe italy to see american football as competition.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:08 am

Jamie wrote:
betiko wrote:

lol, 4% of the world thinks of a sport only about commercials played with the hands when you mention football. You are a minority, deal with it.

um the US population represents 5% of the world population just by itself, so your figure is already wrong, and then your figures doesnt account for the fact Canada prefers football over soccer, and the millions more around the world who prefer football over soccer. I would say the figure is much closer to 10% rather then 4%. And the fact that the sport does NOT involve hands is one of the major flaws in the game. Soccer would be FAR more interesting if the players could volley the ball with their hands or balled up fist. The hands are the two most coordinated athletic parts on the human body, and they are eliminated from use in the worlds most popular sport. And for the record, I did NOT insult soccer, I just said the title of the thread is misleading, and offered two very real unsarcastic suggestions. If anything the title does in fact insult American football, the worlds 3rd most popular sport.

Football is called football everywhere. What you guys call football is called american football everywhere.
The US population is 315M in 2012, not 350M, and the world population is 7,06B, so yeah, almost 4,5% if you want, still closer to 4%. Add canada's 34M and yes, maybe you reach 5%. You are talking about people outside of NA who prefer american football, but not counting people in NA who prefer football... Or just people in NA who don't care about sports or american football. The point is that Football was created way before, has a self explanatory name compared to american football and means the same thing for 95% of the world population except for you guys. Therefore I criticize your ethnocentric view of the world as it often happens with americans.
If you want to see a sport involving hands, foot and contact, go for australian football. It's all about what you are describing, and it's obviously less popular worldwide.
The essence of football is to have the best skills with your lesser agile members, which are also the most powerfull. The restrition from using your hands is all the fun of it.
Major betiko

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 am

betiko wrote:how can they be never injured and play every freaking game??

That goes back to what HA was saying about how times have changed. The training and medical staffs on those teams know a lot more know about how the body works and what is good or bad for it than they did when Ronaldo, Pélé, and Maradona played. Teams even have nutritionists know cooking up specialized diets for players - even youth players.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:

That goes back to what HA was saying about how times have changed. The training and medical staffs on those teams know a lot more know about how the body works and what is good or bad for it than they did when Ronaldo, Pélé, and Maradona played. Teams even have nutritionists know cooking up specialized diets for players - even youth players.

you are mixing the star from the 50s-70s with the star from the 80s early 90s and the star from the late 90's early 00's.
Do you really think you can't compare ronaldo with messi in terms of physical preparation? Of course you can. I was also giving the example of Robben. Ronaldo had shit knees and a metabolic problem!
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:47 am

I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!
Captain Pirlo

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!

cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 pm

HardAttack wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!

cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)

Juninho?
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

Juninho?

Juninho it is =D>
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Juninho is actually still playing at 38 years old
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Rivaldo's contract just ended too. He has to be 40 something.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Lol I thought it was funny how everyone bashes American football fans :lol:. I'm a fan of both but I like the Glasgow rangers in your football (I watch a bit of the Scottish soccer/football) and they got demoted a few leagues down! I was so disappointed :(!
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:02 pm

betiko wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

you are mixing the star from the 50s-70s with the star from the 80s early 90s and the star from the late 90's early 00's.
Do you really think you can't compare ronaldo with messi in terms of physical preparation? Of course you can. I was also giving the example of Robben. Ronaldo had shit knees and a metabolic problem!

I'm not talking about the players' physical preparation. I'm talking about the resources they have access to - medical, nutritional, etc. Even in the last decade, there have been tremendous advancements in those areas, and players have benefited tremendously from it.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:07 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
betiko wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

I'm not talking about the players' physical preparation. I'm talking about the resources they have access to - medical, nutritional, etc. Even in the last decade, there have been tremendous advancements in those areas, and players have benefited tremendously from it.

Like not smoking two packs of cigs a day?
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Pirlo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:08 pm

HardAttack wrote:

yes true, they are the 1990s generation, but not anymore... Media can be partially blamed though. Usually, Brazilians who get too much attention end up ruining their own careers so quick; unlike Messi and CR7 who got the hugest all time attention and still going on.

By talent, I mean the ability to do whatever you want with the ball.. Ronaldinho is a magician who can always find new ways to trick ya. I already told ya that Ronaldo was a real phenomenon because he did change the philosophy of the game. On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Pirlo wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

yes true, they are the 1990s generation, but not anymore... Media can be partially blamed though. Usually, Brazilians who get too much attention end up ruining their own careers so quick; unlike Messi and CR7 who got the hugest all time attention and still going on.

By talent, I mean the ability to do whatever you want with the ball.. Ronaldinho is a magician who can always find new ways to trick ya. I already told ya that Ronaldo was a real phenomenon because he did change the philosophy of the game. On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!

You actually think Ronaldinho was born in the 90's? :?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,