Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:57 am

The point that you guys are missing here is that there are a lot of supporters of "minor" teams such as myself. I'm personally thrilled when the betis gets to play the europa league and I'm proud to see them play a european competition. What platini has intended to do since he is head of the UEFA is to give more visibility to smaller nations and smaller clubs. I think it's good. I know no one cares about the champion of cyprus or anything, but look at the hapoel nicosia last year who made it to quarter finals. That was a national event over there.

Ok, so basically I agree that I"d rather watch a barcelona juventus rather than an apoel tel aviv vs shakhtar donetsk in CL or whatever, but smaller nations have the right to have their chance. Like in qualifiers for the euro/world cup, people complain that some very small nations such as luxembourg, san marino ect even have the right to present a team...

I personnally liked it a lot better when there were the UEFA cup, the cup winner's cup and the champion's league (tuesdays wednesdays thursdays). All cups had some kind of level, and many times the UEFA champion was stronger than the champion's league champion.

Unfortunately, in spite of changing the format every year the europa league is meant to disapear, people are interested to play it only in 1/4 finals.

Pirlo, what media are you journalist for? Maradonna was till playing in 95 or something, so I doubt that anyone here hasn't seen him play lol. By the way did you guys hear what the dumbass pelé said about messi the other day?
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:14 pm

betiko wrote:Pirlo, what media are you journalist for? Maradonna was till playing in 95 or something, so I doubt that anyone here hasn't seen him play lol. By the way did you guys hear what the dumbass pelé said about messi the other day?

Web-based, but in Arabic for mid-east market. and yes, Maradona isn't an ancient history yet :D

As for Pele, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even see football. What would one expect from someone who says Nymar is better than Messi and CR7? :lol:
Colonel Pirlo

Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:25 am

pelé is a fucking idiot. he played almost all of his games vs half ass teams from the paulista championship, and like 20% of his goals are not completely officially proven. He never had the balls to play in europe, and the only thing he does is criticize everything that is not brazilian.

neymar is a very talented player for sure but he isn't even miles away from the others even in brazil... santos was ridiculous this season!

oh and hat trick for Ibra with the PSG last night, 17 goals in 14 games so far! :shock:
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby Pirlo on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:32 pm

Hahaha did anyone notice how full of shit Mourinho is? :lol:

he's been giving us a headache with his CR7 is better than Messi... but it's too mainstream now, so he switched to an Adan is better than Casillas joke :lol:
Colonel Pirlo

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:12 pm

taking bets on when mourinho gets sacked:
I bet march !
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:37 pm

betiko wrote:taking bets on when mourinho gets sacked:
I bet march !

I bet (and hope) he gets the axe over Christmas break.
Can you lead a nation to World Cup glory? Join the FCCFP!!
High score: 2007 - Jan. 1, 2014 - thanks to Game 13172870
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5)
Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (9) General Contribution (4)

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:25 am

I see that a former topic is back..
The president of the standard of liege is asking again to create the beneliga (belgium+nederlands) ASAP or he will leave the belgian league for the french league.

what cool leagues would you come up with?

benelux league: belgium, netherlands, luxembourg
scandinavian league: norway, iceland, faroe islands, sweden denmark
baltics league: finland,latvia, estonia, lithuania
Alps league: switzerland, austria leischtenstein
celtic league: ireland, scotland, wales, northern ireland
balkan league: slovenia, croatia, bosnia, montenegro, serbia, macedonia, kosovo, albania, bulgaria
happy friends league (my favorite): greece, cyprus, turkey, israel
eastern europe league: czech, slovakia, poland, hungary, belarus, ukraine, moldova, romania
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chang50 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:36 am

betiko wrote:I see that a former topic is back..
The president of the standard of liege is asking again to create the beneliga (belgium+nederlands) ASAP or he will leave the belgian league for the french league.

what cool leagues would you come up with?

benelux league: belgium, netherlands, luxembourg
scandinavian league: norway, iceland, faroe islands, sweden denmark
baltics league: finland,latvia, estonia, lithuania
Alps league: switzerland, austria leischtenstein
celtic league: ireland, scotland, wales, northern ireland
balkan league: slovenia, croatia, bosnia, montenegro, serbia, macedonia, kosovo, albania, bulgaria
happy friends league (my favorite): greece, cyprus, turkey, israel
eastern europe league: czech, slovakia, poland, hungary, belarus, ukraine, moldova, romania

Fun idea,I can just see the hardline Protestants in N.Ireland and Scotland being overjoyed at the prospect of a Celtic league..lol
Lieutenant chang50

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:27 am

and I just saw that the russian minister of sports rejected the idea of a "soviet" league today, that was asked mostly by the zenith saint petersbourg. The minister claims that being within the top 10 leagues in europe it's good enough for him.
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Postby GreecePwns on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:08 pm

betiko wrote:and I just saw that the russian minister of sports rejected the idea of a "soviet" league today, that was asked mostly by the zenith saint petersbourg. The minister claims that being within the top 10 leagues in europe it's good enough for him.
I don't see how such a league would exist, it's not like there are more than a couple of clubs in the Baltic or Slavic states that would compete in the Russian league anyway.

At most only the top 2 from Croatia and Serbia would even stand a chance avoiding relegation.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:50 pm

And Chicharito does it again!

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:04 pm

betiko wrote:pelé is a fucking idiot. he played almost all of his games vs half ass teams from the paulista championship, and like 20% of his goals are not completely officially proven. He never had the balls to play in europe, and the only thing he does is criticize everything that is not brazilian.

neymar is a very talented player for sure but he isn't even miles away from the others even in brazil... santos was ridiculous this season!

oh and hat trick for Ibra with the PSG last night, 17 goals in 14 games so far! :shock:

Pele did play in Europe regularly. Santos traveled and played in Europe quite a bit back then. http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/thre ... ew.157423/
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
Major Nola_Lifer

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Pirlo on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
betiko wrote:pelé is a fucking idiot. he played almost all of his games vs half ass teams from the paulista championship, and like 20% of his goals are not completely officially proven. He never had the balls to play in europe, and the only thing he does is criticize everything that is not brazilian.

Pele did play in Europe regularly. Santos traveled and played in Europe quite a bit back then. http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/thre ... ew.157423/

Friendly games?
Colonel Pirlo

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Friendly games?

I don't think there was any friendly game in the THREE World Cups he won.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Pirlo on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:10 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Friendly games?

I don't think there was any friendly game in the THREE World Cups he won.

Did you know that he didn't actually play in 1962 world cup because he was injured? I think he played less than one game. and did you know that Brazil team during that era was full of legends, like Barca now?
Colonel Pirlo

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?