Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Lol I thought it was funny how everyone bashes American football fans :lol:. I'm a fan of both but I like the Glasgow rangers in your football (I watch a bit of the Scottish soccer/football) and they got demoted a few leagues down! I was so disappointed :(!
User avatar
Major NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 79
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Football (real)

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:02 pm

betiko wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:
betiko wrote:how can they be never injured and play every freaking game??

That goes back to what HA was saying about how times have changed. The training and medical staffs on those teams know a lot more know about how the body works and what is good or bad for it than they did when Ronaldo, Pélé, and Maradona played. Teams even have nutritionists know cooking up specialized diets for players - even youth players.


you are mixing the star from the 50s-70s with the star from the 80s early 90s and the star from the late 90's early 00's.
Do you really think you can't compare ronaldo with messi in terms of physical preparation? Of course you can. I was also giving the example of Robben. Ronaldo had shit knees and a metabolic problem!

I'm not talking about the players' physical preparation. I'm talking about the resources they have access to - medical, nutritional, etc. Even in the last decade, there have been tremendous advancements in those areas, and players have benefited tremendously from it.
Can you lead a nation to World Cup glory? Join the FCCFP!!
High score: 2007 - Jan. 1, 2014 - thanks to Game 13172870
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Image
User avatar
Lieutenant sempaispellcheck
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5)
Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (9) General Contribution (4)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:07 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
betiko wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:
betiko wrote:how can they be never injured and play every freaking game??

That goes back to what HA was saying about how times have changed. The training and medical staffs on those teams know a lot more know about how the body works and what is good or bad for it than they did when Ronaldo, Pélé, and Maradona played. Teams even have nutritionists know cooking up specialized diets for players - even youth players.


you are mixing the star from the 50s-70s with the star from the 80s early 90s and the star from the late 90's early 00's.
Do you really think you can't compare ronaldo with messi in terms of physical preparation? Of course you can. I was also giving the example of Robben. Ronaldo had shit knees and a metabolic problem!

I'm not talking about the players' physical preparation. I'm talking about the resources they have access to - medical, nutritional, etc. Even in the last decade, there have been tremendous advancements in those areas, and players have benefited tremendously from it.


Like not smoking two packs of cigs a day?
Image
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
User avatar
Major Nola_Lifer
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: 雪山
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:08 pm

HardAttack wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)


yes true, they are the 1990s generation, but not anymore... Media can be partially blamed though. Usually, Brazilians who get too much attention end up ruining their own careers so quick; unlike Messi and CR7 who got the hugest all time attention and still going on.

By talent, I mean the ability to do whatever you want with the ball.. Ronaldinho is a magician who can always find new ways to trick ya. I already told ya that Ronaldo was a real phenomenon because he did change the philosophy of the game. On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!
User avatar
Colonel Pirlo
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Pirlo wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)


yes true, they are the 1990s generation, but not anymore... Media can be partially blamed though. Usually, Brazilians who get too much attention end up ruining their own careers so quick; unlike Messi and CR7 who got the hugest all time attention and still going on.

By talent, I mean the ability to do whatever you want with the ball.. Ronaldinho is a magician who can always find new ways to trick ya. I already told ya that Ronaldo was a real phenomenon because he did change the philosophy of the game. On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!


You actually think Ronaldinho was born in the 90's? :?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)


yes true, they are the 1990s generation, but not anymore... Media can be partially blamed though. Usually, Brazilians who get too much attention end up ruining their own careers so quick; unlike Messi and CR7 who got the hugest all time attention and still going on.

By talent, I mean the ability to do whatever you want with the ball.. Ronaldinho is a magician who can always find new ways to trick ya. I already told ya that Ronaldo was a real phenomenon because he did change the philosophy of the game. On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!


You actually think Ronaldinho was born in the 90's? :?


I didn't categorize Ronaldinho in the 1990s generation... I implied he's 2000s generation... Now go back and think more what it should mean! :|
User avatar
Colonel Pirlo
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 pm

On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!


Gonna have to disagree with this comment. Ronaldinho did have tricks but the only thing he was best at is being the ugliest footballer to live. :D
Image
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
User avatar
Major Nola_Lifer
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: 雪山
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:44 pm

HardAttack wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)


Juninho?


Juninho it is =D>


Juninho played for Lyon, never for Monaco!! ;)
7 seasons, 7 championships, a true legend and probably the best free kick player ever. He will be playing for the NY red bulls with Thierry Henry next season.
Romario ended his career aged over 40 if I remember well...
Also don't forget Aldaïr playing for the AS Roma who stayed there for decades, or Roberto Carlos who is still playing
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby crispybits on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!


Gonna have to disagree with this comment. Ronaldinho did have tricks but the only thing he was best at is being the ugliest footballer to live. :D


You've obviously never heard of Ian Dowie :lol:

(or Dirk Kuyt, or Carlos Tevez)
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
On the other hand, Ronaldinho started the historical Barca, which is probably turned out to become the best team ever!


Gonna have to disagree with this comment. Ronaldinho did have tricks but the only thing he was best at is being the ugliest footballer to live. :D


sorry but I have to disagree again! :)


Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:18 pm

betiko wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


cafu, rivaldo, i guess leonardo, bebeto, romario, and there was one used to play in french league, monaco ? free kick expert midfielder and a few to count more had long enough careers mate.

IMO, ronaldinho can not come close to ronaldo more than 100 feet when we speak about talent :)) but talent, if we are speaking of the same thing ? define talent. :)


Juninho?


Juninho it is =D>


Juninho played for Lyon, never for Monaco!! ;)
7 seasons, 7 championships, a true legend and probably the best free kick player ever. He will be playing for the NY red bulls with Thierry Henry next season.
Romario ended his career aged over 40 if I remember well...
Also don't forget Aldaïr playing for the AS Roma who stayed there for decades, or Roberto Carlos who is still playing


great addition brother,
ty.
Image
2014-04-01 18:07:50 - Clive has won 1 Auburn Conquer Star
User avatar
Colonel HardAttack
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


I'm very dissapointed of you Pirlo...



In the last part of his career, they called him El Gordito in Spain, and El Gordito shut a lot of mouths up.
Image

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I think Ronaldo changed the football philosophy... He's probably the first great striker with pace and skills.. I don't think he got the best talent ever.. I think Ronaldinho did! A common problem for Brazilian footballers now is that their career is too short!


I'm very dissapointed of you Pirlo...

In the last part of his career, they called him El Gordito in Spain, and El Gordito shut a lot of mouths up.


Meh

you are talking as if I criticized him.. I know how much of a talent he got.. but I still think Ronaldinho's one is/was better... in terms of skills and tricks...



Are you sure you saw how amazing this guy is?
User avatar
Colonel Pirlo
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Image

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:20 pm

nietzsche wrote:nobody watch Pirlo's video.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 821AAOaDfZ


Asking american teenagers about football and footballers is like asking a women how an itchy dick feels? :D
User avatar
Colonel Pirlo
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Login