Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm

yeah I just hate the spanish team since ever, even worse than the italian team lol! definitely france's 2 mortal enemies in football! :)

other than this, appart from zabaleta and garay in defense i have to say they don t have much top class players there, but midfielf, seriously? Di María, Fernando Gago, Javier Mascherano, Maxi Rodríguez, Salvio, Esteban Cambiasso....

and my point was that maradona is a shit coach.

my other point is that i challenge anyone to make a team with brazilian players better that what you can do with argentian players today.
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
I think Argentina team is too crap to win especially with the incredible progress and dominance of Europeans recently. Even Maradona himself wouldn't be able to win it with today's Argentina IMO!

Now stop your car there. Can you really say this?

What about Tevez, el Kun, LAvezzi, Higuain. (i know their all offenders, still impressive)

And what about other Argentinian teams that we've all said they were a super team and never did anything? (previous to messi)

You cannot go and say that, specially because you say many other things profesionally, you are venturing a big guess there.

Maradona was Maradona and may never be Messi or Pele but Maradona was Maradona. Messi will never be Maradona. Maradona will never be Messi.

But Maradona won a world cup and scored a spectacular goal against England, epic not only because he left 6 behind but by the way and style he did it. He was a natural.

Messi will be the best by the end of his era whether he wins or not a WC, but he will never be Maradona. Maradona was a natural, a born hero. Messi don't. He's different, perhaps the best, but he's not Maradona.

Winning a WC has his merit, let's not make it trivial.

Zidane, Ronaldo, Maradona, players that won a WC for their teams. Don't take that away from them.

Oh come on Nietto!!!

El Kun is a great player... Higuain is ok.. Lavezzi? tell me you are kidding please... Tevez is a piece of shit and unreliable prick who could at any moment disappoint the hell out of you.

annnnnnnnnnd I never said WC was unworthy, did I? Messi needs the WC only to make his unique achievements perfect, not to prove himself the best though, because he already did the latter even with no WC ;)

I'm a fan of Argentina, and I watch them sooooooo closely... enough to know what their real problems are.. It's way much deeper than just a coach. To mention some of them, they have a retarded federation, shitty media that always put too much pressure on players, lack of games in a decent competition other than the world cup, poor economy that limit their budget to hire a good technical staff, and lack of key players in midfield and defense!
Colonel Pirlo

Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Oh come on Nietto!!!

El Kun is a great player... Higuain is ok.. Lavezzi? tell me you are kidding please... Tevez is a piece of shit and unreliable prick who could at any moment disappoint the hell out of you.

annnnnnnnnnd I never said WC was unworthy, did I? Messi needs the WC only to make his unique achievements perfect, not to prove himself the best though, because he already did the latter even with no WC ;)

I'm a fan of Argentina, and I watch them sooooooo closely... enough to know what their real problems are.. It's way much deeper than just a coach. To mention some of them, they have a retarded federation, shitty media that always put too much pressure on players, lack of games in a decent competition other than the world cup, poor economy that limit their budget to hire a good technical staff, and lack of key players in midfield and defense!

You know I love you that's why I have to treat you badly so you become stronger.

Remember the Argentina of La Brujita Veron? I bet you also thought it was an incredible team, yet they didn't win the WC, if only they had had Maradona ;)

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Oh come on Nietto!!!

You know I love you that's why I have to treat you badly so you become stronger.

Remember the Argentina of La Brujita Veron? I bet you also thought it was an incredible team, yet they didn't win the WC, if only they had had Maradona ;)

huh? you mean Juan Veron the legendary maestro? I think they needed a bit of luck to conquer that death group. They had more than enough superstars.

I think one of the factors to affect Argentina performance is the downfall of Serie A... the Italian Calcio seemed to be am idea environment for the Argentine players. If my memory is good, the majority of that super team of 2002 came from Serie A, no?
Colonel Pirlo

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1)

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Oh come on Nietto!!!

huh? you need Juan Veron the legendary maestro? I think they needed a bit of luck to conquer that death group. They had more than enough superstars.

I think one of the factors to affect Argentina performance is the downfall of Serie A... the Italian Calcio seemed to be am idea environment for the Argentine players. If my memory is good, the majority of that super team of 2002 came from Serie A, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_ ... #Argentina

Only 1 more than from Spain. But yes, the most important ones were playing in Italy: Veron, Zanetti, Simeone, Batistuta, El Piojo, Samuel.

Major nietzsche

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Oh come on Nietto!!!

huh? you need Juan Veron the legendary maestro? I think they needed a bit of luck to conquer that death group. They had more than enough superstars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_ ... #Argentina

Only 1 more than from Spain. But yes, the most important ones were playing in Italy: Veron, Zanetti, Simeone, Batistuta, El Piojo, Samuel.

Oh yeah... Veron made the worst thing ever though when he moved to Man U :(
Colonel Pirlo

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 pm

you don't like lavezzi pirlo? what a poor taste. and higuain just an ok player??? i prefer higuain over kun.
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:24 pm

betiko wrote:you don't like lavezzi pirlo? what a poor taste. and higuain just an ok player??? i prefer higuain over kun.

I know my taste is hard :D

I'm fond of the 1998-2006 Serie A when tactic was extreme and where you needed an exceptional striker to make his way through tightly locked defenses! :lol:
Colonel Pirlo

Postby HardAttack on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:25 pm

since we are speaking about argentina,
what about these below :lol:

2014-04-01 18:07:50 - Clive has won 1 Auburn Conquer Star
Colonel HardAttack

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby JBlombier on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 pm

To be hounest, Caniggia has some nice goals in that video, but most of them were just very well built-up and he finished them.
Batistuta on the other hand has created some amazing goals. I had never heard of both of these players, but Batistuta has gotten some newborn respect from me.
Colonel JBlombier

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:46 pm

JBlombier wrote:To be hounest, Caniggia has some nice goals in that video, but most of them were just very well built-up and he finished them.
Batistuta on the other hand has created some amazing goals. I had never heard of both of these players, but Batistuta has gotten some newborn respect from me.

you never heard of batistuta??? wtf! When did he retire, in 2004 or something? he was in the world cup2002 for sure and not in the 2006. He is the top scorer ever of the argentinian national team. He mostly played for the fiorentina, I don't remember too much the other clubs he's been in.. But the Fiore was all about Batistuta and Rui Costa during many many seasons.
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Postby HardAttack on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 pm

betiko wrote:
JBlombier wrote:To be hounest, Caniggia has some nice goals in that video, but most of them were just very well built-up and he finished them.

you never heard of batistuta??? wtf! When did he retire, in 2004 or something? he was in the world cup2002 for sure and not in the 2006. He is the top scorer ever of the argentinian national team. He mostly played for the fiorentina, I don't remember too much the other clubs he's been in.. But the Fiore was all about Batistuta and Rui Costa during many many seasons.

In 2000, moved to AS ROMA from FIO, and at the same season he moved in AS ROMA, ROMA won the serie A title.
He stayed 2-3 seasons there then moved to some United Arab Emirates team. Somewhere around 2004-2005 he retired.

Well, canigia used to a splinter style football player, used to be very very fast/pace with some reasonable quaility... Of course not a maradona. :)
Batistuta, from profitability measures (goals/positions/attempts), has been named best striker ever. His nickname is Batigol...

One another interesting note, in italian seria A history, very epic it is, two argentinians, had been loved wide spread in what city they played for, both made the team top notch teams as long as they played in...

It is batistuta for fiorentina, and maradona for napoli. The common in both, teams are not very top teams but with batigoal in fio, fio used to be finishing league in first 5 most of times, used to be real competetor in european cups and coppa italia...With maradona, napoli, a team barely staying away from relegation, climbed the stairs in rocket fast steps, not sure, two times i guess winning seria A title in 1987 and 1989 ? And also winning UEFA cup in 1988 ? .... well, for todays big big trust teams, such as barca, manu, real madrid, you add some more, for those teams to win such cups is not much but fans are very well familiar to those thropy victories, but very very sure for teams like fiorentina and napoli (especially napoli) such victories MEANT HUGE... simple, a history to remember for a century or even more for em. =D>

Well, i very well understand the feeling, since i am a Galatasaray fan, and we won UEFA cup in 2000 over Arsenal in Denmark...We had George Hagi, a hero, and he had added a lot to the team... What maradona meant to napoli, is same hagi meant for galatasaray :) We used to call Hagi as maradona of carpatians :)
2014-04-01 18:07:50 - Clive has won 1 Auburn Conquer Star
Colonel HardAttack

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:23 pm

In the first participation of Mexico in Copa America, Batistuta scored against us twice in the final, the final score was 2-1.

I don't like Batistuta.

Major nietzsche

Postby gordon1975 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 pm

canigia moved to Dundee,then Glasgow rangers bought him think about 2003,he was awesome even in his later years,his trickery was amazing to watch live,would of been great to see him in his prime,round about the same time Dundee bought Fabrizio Ravanelli as well,his stint didnt go so well
God can judge my enemies, i will arrange the meeting.
Lieutenant gordon1975

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:55 am

yeah true, I remember now batistuta playing for the AS roma for a couple of years when he was quite old, but he is more remembered for his stay in florence where he spent his best years.

Of course I remember galatasaray winning the UEFA cup ;) by the way, you guys are far from that level in the past 10 years right? I haven't seen galatasaray in champions league for years, it's all about fenerbaçe now (sorry it might piss you off but it is the truth lol). By the way, is there anyone in istambul supporting istambulspor?? What is this club about, isn't there enough with the 3 big ones?
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?