Conquer Club

English Political Thread Not For The Dumb Americans

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which ENGLISH Party Do You Support

Total votes : 0

Postby Ronnie_K on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:14 pm

No I'm Not Shit Stirring

Im Posting The Truth

The U.S Army is Crap

ie: When your Ground Troops

In Fallujah Killed Civilians

Then Fucked Off

When People Started Shooting Back

And Left The British To Deal With The Backlash

I Forgot, U.S Troops Only Fire On Un Armed Civilians

Mainly Woman & Children

Stick to Air Strikes

And Leave the Real Fighting To The British

Are You Allowed To Eat Jelly Doughnuts Private Pyle

Cadet Ronnie_K

Postby Jolly Roger on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:14 pm

and isn't this supposed to be about english politics?
Lieutenant Jolly Roger

Postby Ronnie_K on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:15 pm

War Is Politics
Cadet Ronnie_K

Postby Jolly Roger on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:19 pm

fair enough - proceed
Lieutenant Jolly Roger

Postby Ronnie_K on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:29 pm

Troops' anger over US 'friendly fire'

By Patrick Barkham
On the RFA Argus in the Gulf

Three wounded UK soldiers have described how they survived an attack by a US A-10 Thunderbolt anti-tank aircraft that killed one of their troop and destroyed two armoured vehicles.
One of the survivors criticised the US pilot for showing "no regard for human life" and accused him of being "a cowboy" who had "gone out on a jolly".

The US A-10 aircraft circled and came around for a second attack
Another survivor said he stumbled out of the burning wreckage of his light tank and waved frantically to the American pilot to try to halt his second attack.

The so-called friendly fire incident, 40 kilometres (24.8 miles) north of Basra, left one soldier missing, presumed dead, and another in intensive care on RFA Argus, the UK forces' hospital ship in the Gulf.

Another soldier who had been in one of the two destroyed Scimitar light reconnaissance tanks, manned by the Household Cavalry, escaped without injury.

Nursing shrapnel wounds and burns, the three injured soldiers, Lieutenant Alex MacEwen, 25, Lance Corporal of Horse Steven Gerrard, 33, and Trooper Chris Finney, 18, spoke of their bewilderment and anger.

They said the US pilot apparently failed to recognise that their tanks were a British make, with special coalition identification aids and even a large Union flag on another machine in the five-vehicle convoy.

Advanced technology

Lance Corporal Gerrard said: "All this kit has been provided by the Americans. They've said if you put this kit on you won't get shot.

"We can identify a friendly vehicle from 1,500 metres [4,921 ft].

"You've got an A-10 with advanced technology and he can't use a thermal sight to identify whether a tank is a friend or foe. It's ridiculous.

I felt I was going to burn to death. I just shouted 'reverse, reverse, reverse'

Lance Corporal of Horse Steven Gerrard
"Combat is what I've been trained for. I can command my vehicle. I can keep it from being attacked.

"What I have not been trained to do is look over my shoulder to see whether an American is shooting at me."

The two Scimitars, followed by two armoured engineers' vehicles and another Scimitar light tank, set out on a "recce" of a road north west of Ad Dayr, north of Basra in southern Iraq, on Friday.

After coming under fire from Iraqi artillery, they were instructed to investigate a shanty town.

Troop leader Lieutenant MacEwen, 25, with special plastic bags now tied around his hands to treat his burns, described how the convoy tensed as villagers waving white flags approached from behind a large bank on the marshland by the Shatt al-Arab river.

"You could see the white flags above the bank but you didn't know whether they had any intention of surrendering or ambushing us," he said.

White light

Lance Corporal Gerrard said he suddenly heard the distinctive, relentless roar of an A-10's anti-tank gunfire.

"I will never forget that noise as long as I live. It is a noise I never want to hear again," he said.

Widow's emotional tribute
"There was no gap between the bullets. I heard it and I froze. The next thing I knew the turret was erupting with white light everywhere, heat and smoke.

"I felt I was going to burn to death. I just shouted 'reverse, reverse, reverse'.

"My gunner was screaming 'get out, get out'. How I got out of that hole I don't know. Then I saw the A-10 coming again and I just ran."

Lying on his hospital bed, he said the A-10 circled and made a return attack run.

"On the back of one of the engineers' vehicles there was a Union Jack," he said.

"For him to fire his weapons I believe he had to look through his magnified optics. How he could not see that Union Jack I don't know."

Tempting fate

The front two Scimitars, packed with hundreds of rounds of ammunition, grenades, rifle rounds and flammable diesel fuel tanks, exploded into flames.

One of the soldiers' colleagues, Lance Corporal of Horse Matty Hull, did not escape the explosion.

The British Scimitars have distinctive markings
Lance Corporal Gerrard also criticised the pilot for shooting when there were civilians so close to the tanks.

"There was a boy of about 12-years-old. He was no more than 20 metres [65.6 ft] away when the Yank opened up. There were all these civilians around.

"He [the pilot] had absolutely no regard for human life. I believe he was a cowboy. He'd just gone out on a jolly."

He added: "I'm curious about what's going to happen to the pilot.

"He's killed one of my friends and he's killed him on the second run."

Trooper Finney, who was hit in the leg when the A-10 made its second attack, said all the British soldiers and their families joked about "friendly fire".

He said: "I got a letter off my dad the day before the attack and it said 'Be careful, come home soon and watch out for those damn Yanks'.

"Looks like he tempted fate a bit there."

This is pooled copy from Patrick Barkham of the Times on RFA Argus in the Gulf.
Cadet Ronnie_K

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:32 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:I mean COME ON! "23 March: UK jet shot down by US missile, 2 killed"

NOW WHY would we be shooting down jets???? Do the insurgents HAVE JETS????????????????????????

Why indeed? the incident ronnie is referring to took place in 2003.

ok - you can stick your head back in the sand now

Well then its no longer news is it? And posting the year not just day would be helpful for those who have a family and such and can't spend all day "googling" reputable sorces. ....BBC is reputable? k...if you say so. :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby thegrimsleeper on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:34 pm

A lot more reputable than Fox... :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby minihaymanz on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:39 pm

well while were on friendly fire incidences

how about that time 4 canadians were killed by a heatseeking bomb launched by americans? not saying that it was on purpose, I guess they could have missed...with the laser guided systems, capable of hitting within 3 feet of the target, it MUST have been on accident.
Captain minihaymanz

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:44 pm

minihaymanz wrote:well while were on friendly fire incidences

how about that time 4 canadians were killed by a heatseeking bomb launched by americans? not saying that it was on purpose, I guess they could have missed...with the laser guided systems, capable of hitting within 3 feet of the target, it MUST have been on accident.

wow, now americans are killing its allies on purpose. TO SERVE WHAT PURPOSE MAY I ASK?

Accidents happen and anyone care to post the "friendly fire" of other nations? This is nothing more than a BASH AMERICA thread.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby minihaymanz on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:47 pm

well im just saying, most accurate bomb created...4 canadians, direct hit...kinda...well you know...

this isn't so much of a bash america thread as it is the lesser of two evils. would could be talking about...well yes it is a bash america thread.
Captain minihaymanz

Postby minihaymanz on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:51 pm

oh yes, by the way, im better than you because I'm canadian
Captain minihaymanz

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:07 am

minihaymanz wrote:oh yes, by the way, im better than you because I'm canadian

Ethnocentrisem at its best. I am American but do not concider myself "better" then anyone from any other nation. (I am better then alot of people in my own country though) lol <<< that was a joke folks!
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby vtmarik on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:06 am

jay_a2j wrote:Ethnocentrisem at its best. I am American but do not concider myself "better" then anyone from any other nation. (I am better then alot of people in my own country though) lol <<< that was a joke folks!

No, but you consider yourself better because your a Christian.

Theocentrism is just as much a plague as Ethnocentrism.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:45 am

jay_a2j wrote:
minihaymanz wrote:oh yes, by the way, im better than you because I'm canadian

Ethnocentrisem at its best. I am American but do not concider myself "better" then anyone from any other nation. (I am better then alot of people in my own country though) lol <<< that was a joke folks!

I am watching the colbert report and thinking of you jay.. you are like him.. cept he's sarcastic..
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:38 am

vtmarik wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Ethnocentrisem at its best. I am American but do not concider myself "better" then anyone from any other nation. (I am better then alot of people in my own country though) lol <<< that was a joke folks!

No, but you consider yourself better because your a Christian.

Theocentrism is just as much a plague as Ethnocentrism.

I'm not "better" than anyone else because I'm a Christian. Just "better off". Christians are sinners too. Just forgiven.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:52 am

wow... i think there are more of us americans in this post than anyone else.

its like when the package says do not open most people would go and open it anyways.

saying no americans is about the same as writing

"ALL AMERICANS COME POST HERE!!!!" :roll:
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby minihaymanz on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:32 am

saying no to americans is asking for a death wish. You know how many nukes you can hit us with at the EXACT SAME TIME?
Captain minihaymanz

Postby mattywuh on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:30 pm

I personally don't want the nukes to try to hit you with...

Which leads me to some British politics... Trident anyone?
Sergeant 1st Class mattywuh

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:55 pm

mattywuh wrote:I personally don't want the nukes to try to hit you with...

You should give us dumb americans a rundown of the issue you are trying to convey.. some of us are quite well at holding our own if we know whats going on...and some just turn this into a which is better US or UK thread...
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Stopper on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:57 pm

He's talking about whether Britain should renew its nuclear deterrent...this has to be renewed this year, and our present & probable future PMs have made clear they will renew. Well, can't leave Europe's deterrent to the frogs, now, can we?

EDIT: I have nothing against the French (though I'd bet Italy to win the World Cup) - I've had a few drinks, and I'm trying to be sarcastic.
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby Telvannia on Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:05 pm

mattywuh wrote:I personally don't want the nukes to try to hit you with...

i oppose it
the other less developed nuclear power would not feel the need for nuclear weapons if the whole of the western powers did not have them
we tell them to disarm when we still remain armed
how do we know we will not be taken over by a a dictator that will not use our nuclear arsenal for the wrong perposes?
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby Joe McCarthy on Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:39 pm

Telvannia wrote:i oppose it
the other less developed nuclear power would not feel the need for nuclear weapons if the whole of the western powers did not have them
how do we know we will not be taken over by a a dictator that will not use our nuclear arsenal for the wrong perposes?

1. Of course those countries would want nukes anyways. Hell, more so, because if we didnt have them they could more easily use theirs. They arent aquiring nukes to defend themselves against the UK, please.

2. The UK isnt going to be taken over by a dictator. Even if it were, you dont scale back your military because you're afraid of what he will do with it, you ramp it up so he cant take over in the first place.
Corporal 1st Class Joe McCarthy

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:25 pm

Joe McCarthy wrote:
Telvannia wrote:i oppose it

1. Of course those countries would want nukes anyways. Hell, more so, because if we didnt have them they could more easily use theirs. They arent aquiring nukes to defend themselves against the UK, please.

2. The UK isnt going to be taken over by a dictator. Even if it were, you dont scale back your military because you're afraid of what he will do with it, you ramp it up so he cant take over in the first place.

Well of course we need to have nukes just in case, but really should we really be trying all that hard to make sure other countries have them? Of course not... that screams hypocrisy.. A world superpower could be taken over by a dictator willing to use nukes in fact it is happening right across the atlantic..
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby minihaymanz on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:27 pm

what I find funny is that the US and UK are ALWAYS allies...even though they've had huge wars (war of 1812, war of independance) while the states and canada seem to hate eachother some times (softwood, boarder crossing..) yet canada and the US border each other, while the UK and US are nowhere near.
Captain minihaymanz

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:36 am

Tony Blair is our bitch...

not really though...
Sergeant reverend_kyle

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,